Getting lots of shots on target with this tactic but not many goals; lost a few matches 1-0 to it. Is that just because my wingers and striker don't have high enough finishing? I am managing mid-table team.

I'll be honest I've not used or tried the tactic since start of December, i remember a patch killing it basically. I'll see if I can play around with it but can't promise anything. It was a fantastic underdog tactic originally so I can't see it is because your a mid table side

I'll be honest I've not used or tried the tactic since start of December, i remember a patch killing it basically. I'll see if I can play around with it but can't promise anything. It was a fantastic underdog tactic originally so I can't see it is because your a mid table side

Yep, that was also the reason of me going for it. Don't worry, you don't have to promise anything :).
Seeing it in action is great by the way, creating lots of chances and the pressing and passing is great. That's why it's such a shame that it doesn't produce (enough) goals lol.

Thanks for the reply mate! If you have any other recommendation for a tactic to use if you don't have time to fix yours that would also be greatly appreciated!

Gonna test it tonight with Willem II in my third season. Thanks man!

I wanted to test it more so let me know how it gets on gonna run another season or two with norwich i think as well and see how it goes :)

I wanted to test it more so let me know how it gets on gonna run another season or two with norwich i think as well and see how it goes :)
Alright, test didn’t went well lol. I already lost 3 in a row when I plugged your tactics so I think it has to do with that as well. After 2 more losses in the following 8 games I got sacked. So I stopped testing lol but I doubt it was because of the tactic..

EDIT: FM Touch btw, so I can only “go on holiday” without freezing morale or something.

Last edited:
Alright, test didn’t went well lol. I already lost 3 in a row when I plugged your tactics so I think it has to do with that as well. After 2 more losses in the following 8 games I got sacked. So I stopped testing lol but I doubt it was because of the tactic..

EDIT: FM Touch btw, so I can only “go on holiday” without freezing morale or something.

Ok well sounds good. Haha i'm gonna test tonight as well so i'll know if it is or not :)

Last edited:
i was like hmm this seems really good but it cant be that good as people say? download it, first game middle of season no training standard united team win 8-0 against bournemouth. after 10 games ive won all

10/5 toasters

i was like hmm this seems really good but it cant be that good as people say? download it, first game middle of season no training standard united team win 8-0 against bournemouth. after 10 games ive won all

10/5 toasters

That's mad! I won 8 out of 8 with Arsenal as well since I went there from Norwich not been on it today. I might run a few more tests tonight. I actually love watching the games. I remember the original having the same feeling and being really excited by it then an old patch ruined it but this is as good as that was. It's a lot of fun!

Hey @ThePav, I haven't tried v6 yet, but have been getting brilliant results with v5.

The only issue I've noticed is that the LW (IF) doesn't seem to offer much? I'm Manchester United and have tried both Martial & Rashford there without much success.

Have you noticed this? Both perform better as an AF for me, so maybe I just need a better wide man?

Hey @ThePav, I haven't tried v6 yet, but have been getting brilliant results with v5.

The only issue I've noticed is that the LW (IF) doesn't seem to offer much? I'm Manchester United and have tried both Martial & Rashford there without much success.

Have you noticed this? Both perform better as an AF for me, so maybe I just need a better wide man?
With v6 I find the striker LW and AMC dont all offer much

Yeh I noticed the same, V6 the LW been the top scorer in the 3 seasons i've run with it. So i would suggest trying that and see if that makes any difference

ThePav updated The Fiend v6 Working on New Patch Feb 2020 with a new update entry:

The Fiend v7

Made a few changes to the defence which has also improved the attack as fullbacks playing better.

Had loads of fun playing with this tactic today, Smashed Chelsea and City in finals of the Europa. Won 3 cups entered in. And second in the league, to an unreal Liverpool team. But still had 96 points. 'm so pleased with it. I'm done tweaking.

View attachment 484615

View attachment 484616

View attachment 484617

Enjoy. If you stick to getting the...

Read the rest of this update entry...