The FIFA 12 Thread

Javier Mascherano will love this game. i'll be suprised if he's not featured in the front cover next to Kaka. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

i can expect they Players WILL AND FOREMOST get the Shawcross and De Jong Impact, and Ramsey's injury.

gonna be kool. Shawcross Slider Kick, and De Jongs Karate kick on the UK Cover.

LMAO!!!

Added a new interview to the OP, going to branch out the content from just the impact engine now.

Good interview.

You will also be able to customize the injury frequency and severity in Game Settings, in case you feel it should be different.

This is great news, it was the one thing that I was worrying about.

I love how EA Sports brand every feature of their games. :wub:

Looks great although I don't know why they used Nani right at the end. Could have been someone like Rooney, Messi or Ronaldo scoring a good goal like that.

EA has slapped a hefty £54.99 RRP on the standard edition of FIFA 12, according to high street retailer GAME.
However, the Ultimate Edition, which is exclusive to GAME and Gamestation, will sell for a slightly more reasonable £44.99. Pre-orders are open now.

Details of what exactly the set will include aren't entirely clear, though the product description references Ultimate Team DLC and card packs. We'll update if we can dig up a confirmed feature list.

"The FIFA franchise is always one of the best selling games of the year and we are delighted to offer this exclusive version of FIFA 12 to our customers," commented GAME PR chief Neil Ashurst.

"The FIFA Ultimate Team gold packs are a fantastic resource for any gamer, allowing them to play with the very latest squads, perfectly mimicking real-life. GAME and gamestation are offering football fans the opportunity to change any score for free!"

FIFA 12 RRP is £54.99 News - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

DIE.

EA has slapped a hefty £54.99 RRP on the standard edition of FIFA 12, according to high street retailer GAME.
However, the Ultimate Edition, which is exclusive to GAME and Gamestation, will sell for a slightly more reasonable £44.99. Pre-orders are open now.

Details of what exactly the set will include aren't entirely clear, though the product description references Ultimate Team DLC and card packs. We'll update if we can dig up a confirmed feature list.

"The FIFA franchise is always one of the best selling games of the year and we are delighted to offer this exclusive version of FIFA 12 to our customers," commented GAME PR chief Neil Ashurst.

"The FIFA Ultimate Team gold packs are a fantastic resource for any gamer, allowing them to play with the very latest squads, perfectly mimicking real-life. GAME and gamestation are offering football fans the opportunity to change any score for free!"

DIE.

What a rip-off. EA and other game makers seem to forget the people who buy their games aren't made of money!

£54 god i hope the do that get it for £20 when you spend £50 at sainsburys again or something simliar.

It won't sell for £55, I fully expect to see it at £30 in supermarkets come release day. **** move by EA though, and hopefully that Ultimate Edition is as bad as the vague details make it sound, a whole gold pack a month! Woo hoo!

---------- Post added 05/06/2011 at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was 03/06/2011 at 09:05 PM ----------

Made a minor update with screenshots and menu info.

October/November is always a great month (s) as it means the new FM and FIFA :)

DIE.

The standard version is more expensive than the "ultimate edition", what the ****!?! The price better come down, otherwise I'm sticking to FIFA11!!

Last edited:
The standard version is more expensive than the "ultimate edition", what the ****!?! The price better come down, otherwise I'm sticking to FIFA11!!

The price will come down, and the GAME group have anticipated this with their pricing of the Ultimate Edition. They'll also gain more pre-orders by having it temporarily cheaper until the price wars on the regular version starts.

£55 is the RRP. Games are always higher RRP than they actually retail for, it'll still be £40 on the shelves - £45 max.

FIFA12GAME_632x474.jpg

The FIFA 12 release date has been leaked to us by a retail source and, well it's not a massive surprise.

As has been the way since, like forever, EA's football mega-franchise will release in the Autumn, hitting British stores on the 30th September this year.

We're not sure about the rest of the world, sorry. But hey, if anyone wants to leak that to us too, it's cool.
As you can see in the shot below, there's some pre-order bonus stuff detailed along with the release date. And if I'm not mistaken, last week's reveal of the GAME Group-exclusive Ultimate Edition didn't mention My Live Season. You can't quite make out what it says, but let's go crazy and presume that they're chucking that in as a pre-order bonus too.

My Live Season is the add-on that allows you to play a season with constantly updating player stats, including form and results and starting line-ups and all that stuff. It basically provides an ultra up-to-date version of your chosen league to run around in and usually costs 800 MSP.

FIFA 12 Release Date Leaked - Xbox 360 News At Xbox360Achievements.org

Bad choice of date close to several other major releases, although I guess Q4 '11 is ridiculously congested at the moment anyway and FIFA will sell millions regardless.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

FIFA 12 will be showcased about halfway through the EA conference, which starts at 8:30pm. I'd imagine the new kinect stuff will be the main focus.

I'd imagine that Battlefield 3 will be a large focus aswell. EA Sports games will probably take a minor role.

Price is now £45 across the board, and GAME are only selling the Ultimate Edition for 360/PS3 now, no standard edition. Looking like all pre-orders at most stores are Ultimate/Special now?

Last edited: