The FIFA 12 Thread

And after the game, in the studio, Gary Lineker could say how poorly Liverpool did in that game, and Alan Hansen freaks out. 'Arry tells stories and no one listens to him. Adebayor must be there too, with his phone ringing regularly and no one understanding what he's saying.

I've got a feeling it's going to be Ian Darke and Steve McManaman because they are the ESPN commentators in America, and we know EA are trying to cater more and more to the American audience. Wouldn't be my first choices, but that's my guess what will happen.

FIFA 12 will have two commentary teams: one comprising Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend, the other Alan Smith and Martin Tyler.

But there's no Andy Gray, the long-time voice of FIFA, who was dumped by Sky Sports after making derogatory comments about women.

Smith and Tyler form the first FIFA 12 commentary team and voice the bulk of the game. Townsend and Tyldesley call the shots during tournament matches.

But either set can be picked for any match by delving into the FIFA 12 options.
EA promises more than 10,000 lines of "fresh commentary".

Smith and Tyler are familiar with each other from the TV football coverage. Alan Smith, a former striker for Arsenal, used to be my favourite player. Why I remember that 22nd-minute goal in the UEFA Cup Winner's Cup final against Parma like it were yesterday.

FIFA 12 has 4 commentators but no Gray News - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

Yes please. I particularly liked Tyldesley and Townsend in WC2010, I'll be listening to them more.

I thought Townsend might be in FIFA12.

Still hearing of a lot of issues with the impact engine at the moment, bizarre and unrealistic off the ball collisions etc. Hopefully EA get it sorted in time for release.

Have to say that the pictures aren't to impresive, look exactly the same as fifa11.

Not exactly a bad thing. I'd be pretty annoyed if they just kept updating the graphics every year rather than sort out the gameplay. From what I've heard, the teams that'll be getting the "starheads'' this year are : Aston Villa, Man City, Newcastle, Vancouver Whitecaps (ridiculous), Milan, PSG, Germany and Marseille. Pretty ticked off that United aren't getting it but apparently our links to PES are preventing that, ditto for Barca & Bayern Munich.

What the heck is a "starhead"...

Loads of other players in the game have their real faces too, just not in so much detail. Don't think that Barca and Utd players will have generic faces!!

FIFA 12 Career Mode

As part of our continued, in depth coverage of all things FIFA 12, we headed to EA’s Guildford fortress to try out the Career Mode, during a community day for FIFA enthusiasts from all over the country. It is these enthusiasts that have influenced some of the changes to the Career Mode this year, thanks to EA Sports being so open to community interaction and discussion.

The Career Mode in FIFA 11 was pretty standard. It offered the tactics, transfers and newspaper trimmings, but not a great deal in terms of depth. FIFA 12 Lead Producer, David Rutter, went as far as to say it was slightly “flat” during his presentation. So what changes have EA Montreal made to the Career mode to add a few extra layers? Quite a few, actually!

One of the first notable changes is the influence of the media in the Career Mode. We were shown an example of a key player becoming injured during pre-season. The media pick up on this quickly, and question whether the side will be able to cope without the injured player. This makes users think a lot more because when the media is on your back, you will be forced to make a decision as to start the key player or not, regardless of the player being 100% fit. Get it right, and the press will hail you as a genius, get it wrong however, and the media will question your managerial attributes.
It’s not just injuries that will see stories break on the back page, either. There are plenty of situations that will arise over the period of a season, including player morale, transfer speculation and players talking about retiring. This all creates a busier environment for the manager, and one that reflects the job of a real manager in the sport today, especially when players are demanding more wages or a spot in the starting eleven.

FIFA-12-Career-Mode-2.jpg

Full Article Here