The Flowers of Manchester- Busby Babes

Nah, want the one with City and United fans together so you can see the red and blue together.

I one i have posted is in full color.

The pic from the center of the pitch contains only red scarfs..

I one i have posted is in full color.

The pic from the center of the pitch contains only red scarfs..

Oh okay, would have been better if there were some blue ones in there too.. ah well.

Great thread mate.

Great op matt busby will never be forgot and the busby babe players R.I.P lads

I can't say I know much about these players but from what I've heard they were a cracking bunch.

RIP

Great OP btw :wub:

R.I.P Busby Babes. Lest we forget.

10f6dn9.jpg

1374595602-soccer-barclays-premier-league-manchester-united-v-portsmouth-old-trafford.jpg

The tragedy is sad but what made United great is the aftermath of it! Torino had a similar type of tragedy but they never won anything after that! United rebuilt the side and won everything! It's the spirits of those players which makes us great! I would never forget the CL final of 1999; it was Sir Matt's birthday and it was like he was watching over his team!

R.I.P Busby Babes!

It most certainly is one of the saddest days in football history. My grandfather was a big Manchester United fan from his early childhood and he used to tell me all this stories about their success and about every single player. I bet he knew everything about them. It was wonderful to listen to him and it was yet always a very sad thing when the 6th of February arrived and he would tell me the story of the Munich air disaster in 1958 when those brave talented young boys who had all their lives before them, just died. It is very sad and my grandfather always had a tear in his eyes for he said this was one of the saddest days in football history... funny fact, my grandfather died on the 6th of February two years ago. And every year on this very day I order home delivery flowers in the colors of Manchester United and dedicate the day to my grandfather and his amazing stories and to the boys, the Busby Babes who lost their lives in the Munich air disaster.

man-utd-v-man-city1.jpg

One of my favorite tribute, have to say City fans were amazing in 2008 where the minute silence was maintained without any problem at all.

Shame about what happened, so many talented players lost their lives.

One person who didn't get enough credit was Jimmy Murphy from outside ManUtd. His role in developing players and the role he played to keep the club alive should never ever be forgotten.