AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
Ok I have been at this save for a little bit of time now so I have decided to write it up for a bit of fun, Firstly I simmed the first season and began in season 2, I looked at the clubs without jobs and took over Celta Vigo which I felt was a decent challenge to attempt to overcome the big clubs in Spain such as Barca, Madrid(s) etc..

Currently I am in the year 2019, I plan to do yearly or 6 monthly updates on this so the save won't be held up with having to write updates and play the game. There are no rules, I have started at Celta and will just decide on my future based on how the saves going and how I'm feeling personally at the time, So here goes...

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 - Changing the swing of LA LIGA

View attachment 143402

REAL CLUB CELTA DE VIGO

One Season has gone by and I have been successful in collecting my coaching badges, I was never capped by my country, Infact was never exactly a huge success as a player however I always felt more of a manager than a player and now is my chance to prove it. I live out in Spain and learned my trade in the Spanish game also learning several languages such as Italian, German and of course Spanish. I had built up a few contacts one of which was a member of the Celta Vigo board and the vacancy for manager became on my radar, I had never worked this high up before but I sold myself as best as I could to the other board members & my friend also vouched for me which I think made it easier for me.

So the job was mine! A team who finished 9th in LIGA BBVA have hired me an unknown scottish manager with no experience in managing at this level, (Thanks to my friend) So I have a 1 year deal to seal my fate, Failure or Success!

The Transfers

Instantly the pressure was on me as my phone was indated with messages and phone calls regarding my players, Many people would question my decisions however money talks, Fontas, Orellana & Mallo joined Man City for a combined fee of 58.75 million, Daniel Wass went to Chelsea for 20million, Radoja to Porto for 19.5mil & Nolito to Roma for 17.5mil, Overall 145 Million Pounds was brought into the club through player sales!

96 Million was put back out over the course of the season £32 of that being a panic buy and a regret/mistake on signing Max Kruse for 32 Million a stupid fee (6 months later I made 15 of that back selling him on) Juan Iturbe joined and was a revelation for 10 Million and later moved to Madrid for his release clause of 26.5million, Kranevitter joined for 8 Million & Sold for 16.75mil, Bruno Peres Bought for 6 sold for 20! Milik signed for 8.25mil, Scored 22 goals then sold for release clause of 22million to Spurs. (Transfers over the course of 2 seasons) Total In: £219.75 Million - Out: £134.09 Million (Profit of £85.66million)​

View attachment 143408 View attachment 143406

The Tables.

So if you've read above I obviously kept my job due to buying and selling, Season 1 was a mini success finishing 5th in the table and into Europe, Devastating missing out on a Champions league spot by 1 point however a great start earning me a contract until 2019. A 3-0 victory over Barcelona is one I will never forget especially when they won the league that season! Season 2 was a HUGE success as we battled hard until gameweek 35 when we slipped up and allowed Atletico to win the league, Yes win the league! We managed to overcome giants Barcelona & Real Madrid & Finish 2nd in the league a highest ever for Celta who have only ever finished 4th before, 3 points behind winners Atletico we enter the Champions League group stages!​

View attachment 143404 View attachment 143403

Celta finished 9th in the league before I took over, So 5th place and 2nd place is a big improvement.

Tough Times

Things have seemed smooth over the 1st two seasons, Obviously there have been hiccups and issues although the biggest one came this season, 2nd place & in the Champions League the budget was 6million something I felt pretty poor, Big clubs where snatching my players through release clauses as 4 players leave for £20 Million +, Although this gave me alot of money in the transfer window it was frustrating to have built a great team to lose key players! I was seriously on the verge of quitting, West Ham gave me an interview although unsuccessful, Croatia offered me a job which I turned down, I spoke to friends & family who convinced me to at least see out my contract at the club which I will honour! I have replaced the outgoing players, Lozano Signed for FREE last season and sold for 26.5million, Juan Iturbe sold for 26.5Mil, Milik for 22 & Peres for 20. In total 102 Million was brought in once again generating a huge profit through transfers for the club, The board are in the process of purchasing the stadium which will take a toll on funds and decisions will need to be made this season as to whether I continue in my job or look for a new venture however in the mean time lets crack on​

View attachment 143405

SEASON 3 - IS THIS THE END ?

So season 3 begins with many decisions to be made, A smaller squad and my time now split! After all the decisions about leaving and in the end deciding to stay I needed something to take my focus away from the club at times and after the world cup which COSTA RICA WON, I decided to apply for the Netherlands job in which I was successful in, Another challenge in my career and a strange one as a Scotsman however I am ready for the task although I have been heavily questioned in whether I can do both, I believe I can and we shall find out.​

View attachment 1060891

KEMP TO LEAVE CELTA

Successful manager Alan Kemp of Celta Vigo has announced that he will leave the club at the end of the season, His contract is due to run out and has declared he will not be signing a new deal at the club.

'I would like to issue my statement personally to the fans and say Thank You for my wonderful time at your club, It has been an honor and priveledge to have managed in such a wonderful place, I hope that I leave in good terms and done you proud.

My time here has been great and I will always have a place in my heart for this club and pray that it continues it's fine success, I believe my time at this club have been more successful than I could ever imagine and don't feel I could bring much more than what I already have and hopefuly the next manager can bring something extra and build on what I/we have started.'

-Alan Kemp.

Despite the managers statement & declaration, Even after several meetings with the board they still continue to try and keep the manager at the club. It is rumoured Kemp has been in meetings with the Owners and several key figures at the club to convince him to stay however they are also taking measures of looking at alternative options as to who will replace him if he does follow through and leave at the end of his contract.

Thanks, Next season is almost done so I have big decisions to make.

THE PRESENT SQUAD - Goalkeepers

Ruben Blanco

View attachment 143231

One of only 4 remaining of the original Celta team before I took over, Blanco was an integral part of the squad last season featuring in 37 games in total for the club as we finished 2nd. Lack of keepers forced me to sign Kepa who became #1 forcing Blanco to be unfairly put to the bench and hasn't been called upon alot, Great keeper and would consider signing him in the future.

Kepa Arrizabalaga

View attachment 143230

Signed from Athletic for £5million and has more than done enough to justify that fee with some fine performances, 22 clean sheets in 46 games and an overall rating of 7.11 is a great return from the goalkeeper.

THE DEFENCE

Silvan Widmer

I signed Widmer on loan for a season from PSG and quickly he became a vital player to my squad, A 6million fee was enough for me to grab him and the Right back has been outstanding in the 36 starts hes had with a fantastic average rating of 7.65

Levy Madinda

One of the only survivors since my takeover and has been a great servant to the club despite playingonly a small part in my plans he has stuck by me and performed when called upon, Great average ratings each season and loyalty deserves to be rewarded.

Jesus Vallejo

My second most expensive signing and this time it was worth it as he played in 42 games for us and was a great figure in the centre of defence & at only 22 years old he has plenty of time to improve.

Gustavo Cabral

Another survivor of my reign & his gametime has became limited each season with fewer games, The final season was the worst in terms of games and ratings although he still performed well and was a key figure in the squad.

Dejan Lovren

Dejan was potentially one of my strangest yet greatest signings as I brought him in from Liverpool and he has played at least 30 games each season performing above average and a key figure of the team and I cannot thank him enough.

Ivan Marcano

Ivan has never really been a huge part of my squad more like a backup defender to Cabral, Vallejo, Lovren etc.. His game time has been very limited and again he has performed well when called upon.

Antonio Luna

One of my first signings the left back came in for 4.4million and has been key to my squad each year, His position has never been really threatened and he will do great things if he stays at this club.

Mahmoud Adel

Young wonderkid signed on the cheap from Zabalek, Adel has been frustrated at the limited game time but needs to understand and learn alot more before coming a first team player especially over a guy like LUNA (Above). He needs to be more patient although I cannot see him lasting.

View attachment 143086

Kwadwo Asamoah

Signed from Arsenal fairly cheap at 5.5million, He as adapted well the a position outside his comfort zone in Left Midfield and has been the best player in the squad in terms of average ratings. A 7.88 rating is the best in the squad and 12 goals, 9 Assists have backed that up also.

Youri Tielemans

Unfortunately my tactic doesn't really fit him into the team to perform to the best of his own ability which has held him back, The youngster has still been a great signing and shown alot to change and perform in several positions and has attracted the interested of Chelsea recently. He has a huge future ahead of him.

Pedro

Pedro has been one of my most inspired signings his experience was excellent and his performances were even better as he provided us with 17 goals, Spanish player of the season rounded off a great year back in Spain for him as he rewarded me with his play. What a bargain signing he was.

Stefano Sturaro

Stefano had a tough first season for Celta although performed well when called upon, He only started 16 games in his first season however with the midfield I had it was tough to break into when everyone performed so well.

Jack Wilshere

A brit abroad usually struggles however Jack performed superbly when called upon after adapting to a new position and country, Hopefully he can perform as well as he proved he can for the new manager and become a star for Celta in La Liga.

John Obi Mikel

Mikel was another great bargain coming in the same time as Pedro and becoming a stalwart in defensive mid, He was key and performed surprisngly so well and made a huge 31 appearances for the club.

Jesse Lingard

Yet to find his feet in the squad however started 11 times and performed extremely well and to a standard expected of him, Another player playing out of position and for a free i'm sure theres profit to be made.

Jefferson Montero

Found it tough to break into the squad and become established due to the quality of players on the wings, Always performed when called upon and an absolute gem of a professional.

View attachment 142678

Borja Baston

I signed Borja for 4.4million and he repaid me big time with vital goals, 47 goals in 3 seasons whilst I was in charge was a great return and the first season he suffered injured which hampered him.

Iago Aspas

survived the clearance and eventually became a key figure in my squad, His return was slightly less than Baston's with 32 goals over the 3 years however he did play less games but was outstanding as a player & leader.

Lucas Alario

I signed Alario from Bayern for 12 Million, He did perform well for us however never really found his feet in banging in the goals but did manage to back 11 in 22 starts for us and will hopefully continue to perform when i'm away.

Tom Van Weert

Van Weert was signed based on his performance for the Holland national side when I was in charge, Tom never got much chance with Baston & Aspas but was good back up and managed 4 goals in 7 starts for the club.

View attachment 142646

HOLLAND

'Players in this national team will play as long as they 1. Fit into my tactic or learn to adapt, 2. Perform well for their club & 3. Work for their country. Big Name ? Don't Care, Age ? Don't care if your good enough and perform like the rest thats all I ask' - Alan Kemp, Holland Manager.

View attachment 142633

So we got to the final of the International championships which was better than expected considering we had to beat Spain & Germany along the way, France deservedly beat us in the final however I was pleased with our run, Our first two Euro runs were also excellent especially beating Poland in Warsaw!

Unfortunately for me leaving Celta to look for a new challenge and new job meant I believed in this best interests of Myself, Holland & whoever I go on to manage that I decided to leave after the final against France, I built a foundation in the short time I was there introducing some quality youth and showed them they have the ability to do great things so hopefully the next man in charge can continue this and take them to the euro's I will be keeping an eye on them.

------------------------------------------------------

Celta Champions League

4th Seeded in the group stage we are always destined for a tough group, Heres hoping we can perform.

FCP (Por), Arsenal (ENG), Olympiakos (GRE), CELTA (SPA) - The draw is tricky however it could be alot worse as we managed to avoid the main giants in the leagues such as PSG, Bayern, Juventus, Man City. We look forward to testing our wits against all these teams.

View attachment 142632

An absolute embarrasing European venture, we finished bottom of the group. A first match against Olympiakos gave us a platform to show what we can do and we crumbled and lost which made things immediately difficult, A good draw against Arsenal gave us slight belief however Porto put us in our place twice hammering us, A win over Olympiakos gave us hope of 3rd place although the last game Arsenal blew us away and Olympiakos managed a win over Porto to put them above us in the group.

View attachment 142631

Celta LIGA BBVA

A hard ask to follow from last season as we expect Barcelona & Madrid to come back with a vengence however we will do our best, Another top 4 place would do me just fine although I want to try and match last season if not go one better & perform a miracle.

View attachment 142629 View attachment 142628

Another great season with some terrific results like beating Atletico 4-0 & Valencia 3-0, Barcelona hammered us and I have yet to beat Real Madrid in my career so far which is frustrating, We finished in a worse position than last season coming in 3rd! However if we expected Madrid & Barca not to improve from last season then we would be foolish so to finish behind the two giants is still a great task, 2 points behind Barca in 2nd and 10 points ahead of 4th Valencia! Madrid won the league easily in the end although we were top for alot of the table and just fell away sadly. I'm proud of the season we had once again.

View attachment 142626

Spanish Cup

Any piece of silverware may need to come from the Spanish cup if Celta can perform in the 2 legged ties they could go all the way.

View attachment 142627

Another disappointing cup campaign going out at the 2nd hurdle, Real Sociedad overcame a first leg defeat to take the tie on away goals. Annoyed that we threw that lead away and went out the cup.

So now I have resigned as Holland manager & allowed my contract to run out and I left as Celta manager after spending 3 great years at the club.

Who knows where the future lies, All I can say is that I had refused offers from national sides, Costa Rica (World Cup Champs), Norway & Northern Ireland.

Chapter 2 - Unemployment

View attachment 142521

Management life has treated me fairly well since I started however now the tough times begin, I thought being out of work would be good, relaxing. Well I thought wrong - I left Celta at the wrong but right time, No jobs available well none worthy of taking! I spoke to an English Premiership club however was unsuccessful in my interview and I also turned down another national job as I needed to focus on club management.

As I was still living in Spain I decided to go to Celta's first match against Barcelona, I had to leave early and sadly we lost 3-1. The media seem bemused by me being there for some strange reason as I felt it was natural to go and visit the club I spent time at and loved.

View attachment 142520

I now have a job which took longer than expected to be honest but I'm on the move again, Have written part of an update so just need to upload the pics and type it up and we will be back to the football shortly!

Hope your following & enjoying.

CHAPTER 3 - NEW LIFE IN ENGLAND

View attachment 142484

EVERTON APPOINT KEMP

Former Celta manager Alan Kemp has moved to Merseyside as he accepted the offer to become the next manager of Everton Football Club.

Everton sit in 14th place in the league and will be hoping that Kemp can continue his fine work that he done with Celta in making them a force in La Liga, Everton are a wealthy club and with the right manager can improve in the league, When Kemp was in charge of Celta he made Balaidos a fortress and will be hoping Goodison park will also be the same.

'I am delighted be here at Everton and hopefully the fans can take to me quickly and establish a great and strong relationship. This club has potential and I am here to fulfil it, I took Celta into europe and I plan the same for Everton before I make an attack on the league title.'

- Alan Kemp, Everton Fc Manager.

I approached the majority of my staff and ask them to join me at Everton and sadly many of them decided to stay at Celta as they didn't believe Everton where the correct place for them to go to! I did manage to bring a number of staff with me and have brought in more of my own to begin to build.

----------------------------------------------------

I have decided to show the first 3 fixtures in the season as they come in 2019 before the transfer window, I will then wait until the end of the season to post the rest of the results.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Assessment

After watching the players for a week or 2 and looking at the youth and whats available, I feel at the moment there are just a few additions I want to make in this window and will look more and assess more at the end of the season, We are noticably weak and poor in the goalkeeping area as well as Central defence and Defensive midfield! I do believe that a left back will be needed however that can wait until the summer unless one becomes available that is a great buy.

View attachment 142483

3 Goalkeepers and one is a youth player, Alavrez used tobe at Celta and I sold him to Everton and I'm currently looking to replace him once again, this guy will hate me. Hradecky is a decent back up however doubt he will ever get the #1 jersey

View attachment 142479

An area we are really limited and weak in, Ansaldi, Baines, Coleman & Subotic are all 30+ meaning they will need replaced soon, Brendan Galloway has a great future and is also versatile which is a bonus, Pablo Insua is currently nursing a broken ankle & Julian Korb is unregistered so cannot play the first 3 games of my reign.

View attachment 142478

A position I use and is key to my success, We currently only have 3 first team DM's which needs addressed, Especially when two of them are almost 30 meaning they will need replaced in the next couple of years, I may sell McCarthy on if I can get a replacement and buyer in the summer.

View attachment 142477

Again another position we are weak in although have some strikers who can also play here, Gray is one of my favourite players and hopefully he can live up to his potential and become a key figure in my team although he will be retraining as a wide midfielder.

View attachment 142476

The strike force is the most equipped position ready for action, Are any of them good enough ? who knows yet although they are some key players and hopefully can do the job, Rolan is a very good player & Dembele is real quality. Our strike force is an extremely expensive one so at least If I can't keep them all happy then money is there to be made.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF 2019

View attachment 142475

So my first 3 games in charge were potentially tricky, West Ham took us on and the team adapted to the new tactics well producing a fine 3-1 victory with Seydou Doumbia pushing for a start, Next up was a MERSEYSIDE DERBY at Anfield and we managed to beat our arch rivals 3-2 after going 1 down we responded brilliantly and took the game thanks to young Gray, Our final game wasn't as good as we had hoped as we went down 3-0 to Chelsea in the first half! We pulled one back then Coleman saw red, We still battled on and managed to grab another goal to push Chelsea all the way till the final whistle which was pleasing.

View attachment 142474

So we head into the New year 2 places above where we started since my takeover 3 games ago, We are not too far off the top 4 which is pleasing as it means Europe is still possible although I just want to consolidate mid table and battle on next season however we want to win every game so lets push on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 142455
Didn't take long! failing without me :(

TRANSFER WINDOW OPEN

***forgive the pics just getting used to photoshop!***

Shame you won the Merseyside derby :p In all seriousness though, good luck at Everton! :)

EVERTON FC - The fight for Europe

So January put me in a bit of a position as I realised we had minimal british players and it was a struggle to register everyone, Obviously it was too short a time to change the squad so I continued in the positions I was after and will await the end of the season to make changes.

View attachment 142252

Maguire, Mansi & Bubnjic come in as central defenders to provide valuable cover that was needed. Takis Kaperonis is a young prospect who will come good in the future however he will be loaned out. Ruben Blanco is a favourite of mine from Celta and was on the transfer list and was a great signing for under 1 million. Finally Walace signed for just under 10 million a great buy in DM if he lives up to his potential.

View attachment 142251

No major outs from me as of yet, Araujo wasn't happy from the off so he went and Ceballos didn't fit into my position, All other players were bit part and not registered in the league so had to let them go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 142250

A terrific start to my career as Everton manager, 3 defeats since the new year all to big clubs. Unfortunately one of them came against Liverpool who have increased the pressure in a fight for 4th place and a champions league place. Some dissappointing results against lower opposition such as Bournemouth, Brentford & struggling Aston Villa who were fighting for their lives however every other game was a huge positive.

View attachment 142249

With 1 game left to go in the league we sit with exactly the same as our rivals liverpool a win for us will seal our place in the champions league and other results will depend on how liverpool do .

View attachment 142248

So we play 17th placed West Ham who struggled this season however have managed safety, Liverpool on the other hand play a tough Southampton who could manage to get into Europe with a victory dependant on other results.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Everton seems like a great club to hunt for European glory after your amazing time at Celta, good luck mate!

THE FINAL DAY

Welcome to the final day of the league season, 3 Teams have already been relegated however the battle at the top end of the table continues, Arsenal battle it out with Man City in a bid for the title whilst EVERTON are hoping they can win to bag the final Champions League place up for grabs over their bitter rivals Liverpool.

WEST HAM (17th) Vs EVERTON (4th)

View attachment 141925

8 Mins - Gregoritsch surely fires home, NO great save off the line by Moreira.

12 Mins - Everton still push on as Dembele curls one over the bar from the edge of the back

16 Mins - Walace slots Gregoritsch in one on one, GOAL he puts it into the net 1-0 Everton

30 Mins - Dembele knocks ball across goal which is saved, Gray picks it up and curls it home 2-0 Everton.

Half Time - It's been all Everton so far as West Ham haven't had a look in, Liverpool are currently 0-0 with Southampton

55 Mins - GOAL, Mattia Destro grabs a third thanks to a Gregoritsch assist.

57 Mins - CHANCE, Pjaca of West Ham creates their first chance of the game.

63 Mins - Chance, Araujo blunders a one on one chance to put West Ham back into the game.

64 Mins - Araujo misses another great chances knocking it past the post.

80 Mins - West Ham go down to 10 men as Esgaio gets a second yellow.

81 Mins - Gregoritsch grabs another great goal to make it 4-0

FULL TIME - Everton win the match comfortably and finish the league in 4th place with a fantastic result to end the season.

View attachment 141924

View attachment 141923

View attachment 141922 View attachment 141919 View attachment 141918 View attachment 141917
View attachment 141920 View attachment 141921 View attachment 141916 View attachment 141915

'I would like to extend my thanks to the Everton support for this season, I have only been here for half a year and it has been fantastic. I would like to say that we have done great so far and that isn't with major changes so imagine the possibility with my own added team we can challenge for the title.'

-Alan Kemp

View attachment 141914

Last edited:
Chapter 3.2 - The Premiership needs change.

View attachment 141050

So after a well deserved break the players have returned and ready to battle and put the first mark in the league towards the title! My task now becomes difficult as I explain to players they are no longer wanted and begin the calls to bring new players in to my system, The hard work begins now.

------------------------------------

TRANSFERS

View attachment 141026

Took a bit of a chance this year with the signings with a large number coming in and no real big name player, A good few youth which was in the clubs philosophy and also bringing in Man United double Smalling & Jones! Hopefully a mixture of experience and youth will work in the new season. Young Borja Mateo is a good one and hopefully he can develop as well as expected.

View attachment 141025

fairly pleased with the transfer dealings here bringing in 75million and continuing my reputation to sell more than I spend, Borja Mayoral was a quality player but I couldn't guarantee him playing everyweek and for 36million i'm not turning that down, Subotic, Insua & Maguire were just not good enough to get into the squad anymore. With all other transfers being bit part players.
--------------------------------------

View attachment 141052

Expectations are more than manageable this season, Depending on the draw in the CL playoff I should make the group stage, The league I'm hoping for top 4 again so I want to beat that and the cup's I don't really care to be honest again depending on the draw 6th round should be manageable.​

Last edited:
Are they the right screenshots for transfers? Congrats on top four by the way! :)

Will definitely be interesting to see Everton in the Champions League! Some good transfers too so far :) great job mate keep it up :)