I7IDanny

Reaction score
This is a downloadable DB for everyone to play, where the club "FM-Base FC" has taken Colwyn Bay's place in the Blue Square North.

They have been formed in Manchester, and given a stadium built on the site of Maine Road, called "New Maine Road", with a capacity of 15000.

Only a handful of volunteers have come forward to play for the club, however, as a consortium, these players have a 70% stake in the club and have injected a collective budget of £20m, for wages and facilities, into FM-Base FC.

These volunteers take up positions in the backroom staff and playing roles, such as the Coaching and Scouting.

Also coming in is the newest batch of youngsters. These youth players had been recently released from bigger clubs, yet some, if not all, have shown talent in the pre-season training.

Download Link For The Database: FM-Base FC.xml

Here's what the game looks to start with:
View attachment 203780View attachment 203779View attachment 203781View attachment 203782View attachment 203783View attachment 203784

The challenge is designed to be a long save, with the long road to the Premier League and further ahead.
Here are the Achievements for the challenge, some easy, some tough, each with a value of points to indicate the difficulty (easy ones worth less than hard ones), with anyone who achieves one or more placed in the FM-Base FC Hall Of Fame and have the points earnt put on the FM-Base FC Leaderboard.

Achievements:
Non-League Achievements:
Non-League No More >> Achieve promotion to the Football League within 2 seasons. (25pts)
Non-League Double >> Win the FA Trophy and a Blue Square title in the same year. (20pts)
Destined For Greater Things >> Win back to back Blue Square titles and defend the FA Trophy. (40pts)
Giant Killers >> Defeat a Championship or higher side whilst in Non-League. (10pts)
Playing With The Big Boys >> Reach the 3rd​ Round of the FA Cup whilst in Non-League. (15pts)

Football League Achievements:
The Artists >> Win the JPT. (30pts)
Straight Up, Guv >> Reach the Premier League in 5 seasons. (100pts)
Double Deja Vu >> Win the League 1 or 2 and the JPT in the same season. (40pts)
Shock Contenders >> Win the FA Cup or League Cup whilst in the Championship or lower. (50pts)
Minnows On Tour >> Qualify for the group stages of the Europa League whilst below the Premier League. (120pts)

Premier League Achievements:
The Old Guard >> Get to the Premier League without signing any players. (50pts)
Holding Their Own >> Survive your 1st Premier League campaign playing only FM-Base created players. (60pts)
We’re All Going On A European Tour >> Qualify for the Champions League. (75pts)
Domestic Treble >> Win the Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup in the same season. (100pts)
European Treble >> Win the Premier League, a domestic cup and a European cup. (150pts)
Back To Back >> Win back to back Premier League titles. (150pts)
The Quadruple >> Win the Quadruple (200pts)

Player Achievements:
Best In Class >> A FM-Base Created player won a yearly award (POTY, YPOTY) (10pts)
Pick That Out! >> A FM-Base Created Player scored the Goal of the Year. (10pts)
Setting an Example >> A FM-Base Created Player won both POTY and YPOTY. (20pts)
Star Man >> A FM-Base Created Player is placed in the POTY, YPOTY and TOTY. (25pts)
League Legend >> A FM-Base Created Player won 3 consecutive top scorer awards. (25pts)
Top Of The World >> A FM-Base Created Player won the World Player of the Year or Ballon D’Or awards. (40pts)

FM-Base FC Hall Of Fame and Leaderboard:

Harriers09:
525pts (Non-League Double, Playing With The Big Boys, Non-League No More, Giant Killers, Destined For Greater Things, The Artists, Double Deja Vu, Straight Up Guv, The Old Guard, Shock Contenders, Holding Their Own, Best In Class, We're All Going on a European Tour)

Steve*: 110pts (Non-League Double, Playing With The Big Boys, Non-League No More, Giant Killers, Destined For Greater Things)

Kenrry10: 20pts
(Non-League Double)

And finally... Good Luck!

Last edited:
Manchester... That gives me a reason not to play with this DB :L

This gives me the chance to test my new tactic against others :)

New Maine Road... Cool i should be able to see that from my window.. lol :p
Nice. I will give this a go soon, ish, just loaded it up and was given £0k! ******... but gonna give everyone the fm base log in name as player nicknames so i know whos who from here ^_^

no doubt if the PA comes to fruition, most of the players will be snapped up and ****** off to big clubs as per usual, pity there not under contract till 2025 or something lol.

Last edited:
Can KOTW be for this challenge please steve? really wanna do a kit, but will happily take the winners :D

Love those kits Harriers. Much better than mine.
Will have to put in a proper effort for KotW next week :p

Anyway heres my progress so far. Should be in January but got side tracked with COD...

View attachment 203845View attachment 203846View attachment 203847

As you can see dominating almost every team.
Wilkinson, Alonso and Agin are the 3 stars of the team but everybody has been doing well.
Too bad I(Muniain) am very injury prone on my save.

an Anyone upload configs for kits and logo? pretty please (K)
]

Configs:

745 bytes is for kits
*name home kit "FM Base H" and away "FM Base A"
659 bytes is for logo
*name logo "FM Base"

Also place in two seperate folders as they will overwrite each other if theres more than one config in a file.

]

Configs:

745 bytes is for kits
*name home kit "FM Base H" and away "FM Base A"
659 bytes is for logo
*name logo "FM Base"

Also place in two seperate folders as they will overwrite each other if theres more than one config in a file.

cheers mate, all works fine!

Err, I want to play this but I can't seem to get it working, I clicked the link and I think it's downloaded but I don't know what to do to get to use it when I'm actually on the game. Can someone help me please?

put it into your editor data folder in the same directory you insert tactics, etc in your user folder. it should then be selectable as part of the database changes when you start a new game.

Err, I want to play this but I can't seem to get it working, I clicked the link and I think it's downloaded but I don't know what to do to get to use it when I'm actually on the game. Can someone help me please?

You'll need to put the file in a folder called "Editor Data" in the FM2012 file. If it isn't there you'll have to make it.

Once that's done, new game and an option saying "Change Editor Files" or something will come up, just accept that, load England down to Blue Square North/South and play! :)

Hope that helps.

You'll need to put the file in a folder called "Editor Data" in the FM2012 file. If it isn't there you'll have to make it.

Once that's done, new game and an option saying "Change Editor Files" or something will come up, just accept that, load England down to Blue Square North/South and play! :)

Hope that helps.
I don't think I can put anything in my FM12 files.

into this folder...

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data