The FM-Base United FC - Where stories are born

The Squad Currently Stands at 16 so I'm going to close submissions. I could do with another Goalkeeper seeing as we've just the one but you have until we vote on where he club will be based on the name of the stadium, rivals, ect, club finances, ect.

Ive updated mine mate.
Hopefully i can be the 2nd gk who plays backup mc ;-)

Wondering where Odin Wodensson is, he doesn't seem to be listed :( Yet others posted after him are. Has he been killed off before he even had a chance lol.

Me neither. Just need to watch from afar, pondering what might have been

Gutted i never made the squad

Wondering where Odin Wodensson is, he doesn't seem to be listed :( Yet others posted after him are. Has he been killed off before he even had a chance lol.

I'm pretty sure ye're all in the database. I most likely just overlooked them when updating the squad. Sorry guys,
I'll post the updated squad when I get a chance. I've a busy weekend ahead of me. Hoping to kick off early next week (like Monday/Tuesday) in the mean time, get voting on where ye want to squad based.

Again, everyone who submitted a player before I closed submissions will be in the squad. If you're not listed on the opening page, that's an error.

Brilliant news.
Cant wait, hoping to be a mix of Gerrard and dier.
A midfield anchor who can score 10-15 goals!
Fingers crossed.

I have a few questions before the game starts:
Will the best players always be in the first XI or are we gonna rotate as much as possible?
Will we get to choose what training our players partake in?
Are we going to have any criteria to judge who is the "best" player?

I'm gona get this kicked off Wednesday (I've an assignment due Wednesday
so I'm free after that :p ) In the meantime, it's time to decide where
FM-Base United FC will be based.

Vote here
to have your say.

I have a few questions before the game starts:
Will the best players always be in the first XI or are we gonna rotate as much as possible?
Will we get to choose what training our players partake in?
Are we going to have any criteria to judge who is the "best" player?

First XI will be based on performance and opposition. Everyone is very different so some partnerships will be better suited to some matches. Basically, If i feel you're the best player for the match given the role i need performed on the pitch,

Training: I'll have the final say since ultimately I'm the one who has to use you in a match but throw out suggestions on how you want training to go and I'll make it happen if i can tactically see it fighting into a system I can devise.

"best player" - Every month i'm planning on posting stats of players and I'll pop up a Strawpoll of the top 5 in Defence, Midfield and Defence based on Average Rating.

Last edited:
Could I just check that Heskey Jr's primary position is ST?

In the squad it looks like he is a DC (primary) and ST (secondary) but should be the other way round. Cheers :)

Could I just check that Heskey Jr's primary position is ST?

In the squad it looks like he is a DC (primary) and ST (secondary) but should be the other way round. Cheers :)

His primary position is ST but the way the game displays positions is from back row to front row

Create a GK and I think you will sneak in under the wire.

Found the issue. Forgot to set yer current club's to FM-Base United FC so ye were gona be free agents :p
Get ye into the club squad page now. Updating the story squad now.

Looks like we're going to be on the isles boys!

View attachment 76715View attachment 1135182

The Isle of Wight FA have today granted the sale of Seaclose Park to FM-Base United FC
with the intention of constructing a 51,000 capacity stadium, training facilities and club headquarters.

View attachment 76714

View attachment 76711This location puts the club just 1.5km away from the home ground of Newport Isle of Wight FC,
we have announced they're excited to see the pool of talent being assembled by the new club and
are looking forward to many competitive fixtures int he future.

View attachment 76713
View attachment 76712

Last edited:
Don't know if it's just me but I get an invalid link when clicking the attachments mate

I've also been having issues with attachments even just putting them in posts... Not able to post an update for my story cuz of it :p

I had the same problem in a post in my story yesterday and I had to delete the attachments from the post and put them again. Maybe it will work here as well.

I had the same problem in a post in my story yesterday and I had to delete the attachments from the post and put them again. Maybe it will work here as well.
Yeah the problem is now for me even just starting a new post and uploading the files again they don't even show up on the post! Tried restarting Chrome and everything as well, not too sure what to do :(

First Name:
James
Second Name:
Lyons
Nickname:
None
Date of Birth (or fictional if not comfortable giving real DOB)
City of Birth:
Bradford
Nationality:
English
Hidden Attributes - available points (80)
Adaptability
X10/20
Ambitions
X5/20
Controversy
X5/20
Loyalty
X10/20
Pressure
X15/20
Professionalism
X15/20
Sportsmanship
15x/20
Temperment
X5/20
Languages (if any?)
English
Player Data
Position (Pick Three) one 20 and two 15
Goalkeeper
Striker
position 1 (x)
position 2 (x)
position 3 (x)
Height (in cm)
Weight (in kg)
113.2 KG
Left Foot/Right Foot - available points (20 [or 40 if you -15 from total avaialble mental attribute points])
X20/20 – x0/20
Mental Attributes - available points (205)
Aggression
X10/20
Anticipation
X15/20
Bravery
X18/20
COmposure
X5/20
Concentration
X12/20
Consistincy
X16/20
Decisions
X14/20
Determination
X18/20
Dirtyness
X10/20
Flair
X2/20
Important Games
X14/20
Leadership
*x5/20
Movement (off the ball I think
clip_image001.gif
)
X12/20
Positioning
X14/20
Team Work
X10/20
Vision
X16/20
Work Rate
X14/20
Physical Attributes - available points (96)
Acceleration
X5/20
Agility
X15/20
Balance
X18/20
Jumping Reach
X16/20
Natural Fitness
X11/20
Pace
X2/20
Stamina
X11/20
Strength
X18/20
Technical Attributes - available points (180)
Corners
X0/20
Crossing
X7/20
Dribling
X10/20
Finishing
X3/20
First Touch
X18/20
Free Kicks
X0/20
Heading
X17/20
Long Shots
X10/20
Long Throw
X18/20
Marking
X10/20
Passing
X20/20
Penalty Taking
X7/20
Tackling
X20/20
Technique
X20/20
Versatility
X20/20
Goalkeeping - available points (132)
Arial Ability
X10/20
Command of Area
X19/20
Communication
X18/20
Eccentricity
X0/20
Handeling
X18/20
Kicking
X10/20
One on Ones
X18/20
Reflexes
X18/20
Rushing Out
X10/20
Tendency to Punch
X2/20
Throwing
X9/20
Preferred Moves (if any) - 3

Yeah the problem is now for me even just starting a new post and uploading the files again they don't even show up on the post! Tried restarting Chrome and everything as well, not too sure what to do :(

Tried to correct the posts in my story and restore the icons. I tired to load them using imgur. After I saved the post the icons were ok but now nothing is appeared again. This is getting a little bit annoying...