This game needs a massive fix/overhaul

I'm 4th In league 1 w/ Bmouth season 1, 3 games left
I've got Pompey away and theyre saying it will be an upset If I win?! God knows why, when Im 4th with by far the best away record in the league and they have the worst home record in the league, but whatever
I'm 3 - 1 up at half time, I go 4 - 2 up during the second half, and draw 5 - 5 (f%&*ing joke), quite obviously Im disappointed, so I tell them and all the players are angry!!!!? WTF? 2 goals up in the second half against the worst home team in the league, are you kidding me?

And this is without all of the shocking keepers, the constant running to the byline and shooting instead of passing, defenders just ignoring the ball and other ME problems.

/rant

Last edited:
I just want to clear something up as well:

1) you all need to spend the time taking in what this game has to offer, play the game properly and thoroughly and really manage your team and players! at the end of Fm12 you were all probably so complacent with the game that you pressed spacebar until you had to decide on something, never read a thing, used ME exploit tactics and bought the best 11 players you could..

this approach does not work on Fm13.. you actually have to manage and spend time doing it.. this game has so much potential, but yes at the moment it is crippled by glaring flaws which will get sorted out soon I can assure you of that!

So just relax, play the game properly and you will soon find out how much better it is than all other Fm's..

2) I still stand by my point of the fact that SI should not be releasing such a buggy game and how we have to be subject to pay for such.. It is still unacceptable and I agree with everyone who feels the same, but there is no point starting up useless threads complaining.. rather contact SI and share your thoughts so we can get them fixed

Give the game a chance and really spend the time getting to see all the great new features!

Cheers,
Neil

update on fixes:

1) Keepers coming to claim the ball at the front post.. SO many times I have seen opp strikers coasting in unmarked and ALWAYS score over the keeper.. not very good SI!

1) edge of the box player bunching and the ball miraculously falls into the middle of the box and their striker comes out of the bunch and has 1v1 vs keeper... 3 of my players converge on the ball... 3 and 4 stand around watching.. one of their players runs through everyone and scores...

View attachment 282133

I still went on to win it 3:1 though but once again, went down to a ME problem..

1) edge of the box player bunching and the ball miraculously falls into the middle of the box and their striker comes out of the bunch and has 1v1 vs keeper... 3 of my players converge on the ball... 3 and 4 stand around watching.. one of their players runs through everyone and scores...

I still went on to win it 3:1 though but once again, went down to a ME problem..

Had this one myself, cost me my place in the league cup final as well.

To be honest, there's things that I thought are bugs which are just bad tactical decisions by me.

I conceded two goals at home to West Brom from headers by Lukaku (his first goals of the season) both from set pieces. Then I checked my match prep for that game and it was set to Team Work whereas had i used Defending Set Pieces, I might not have had the problem.

I'm really enjoying the game and the detail level.

Raikan, the game does crash on the normal version too.. I've had a couple of games corrupted while saving them for no apparent reason, already. Not cool.

would also like SI to give the us the managers a bit of time to submit a training camp squad.. it literally came a couple of days after starting and my two new signings had to be left behind..

maybe have an option to fly them out at a cost of say like £500 or something if we would like that option! otherwise they sit and gather dust for a while...

You can fly them out, go to "Register" like you would to register somebody for a domestic/ continental competition and you can add them to the squad as long as there is space.

my wingers are to set to cross ball often from byeline they dont do it all ways they just run and try and beat the keeper at the post they only cross ball 1 time in every 5 and this happens every game players dont pass the ball forward they shield the ball and then pass it backwards the defenders dont defend they back off the ball alot of times and let the oppo players just have the ball why is this happening?

1) Penalties - I keep having a problem with Penalties, Seems to one sometimes two given a game IRL refs don't give away that many penalties & they have been poor this season

2) Highlights - I have mine set on key but the only time i see a highlight is for a goal. Can go a whole match with seeing about 6/7 highlights of a game. I'm really not sure if its just me or if it happens for anyone else

1) Penalties - I keep having a problem with Penalties, Seems to one sometimes two given a game IRL refs don't give away that many penalties & they have been poor this season

2) Highlights - I have mine set on key but the only time i see a highlight is for a goal. Can go a whole match with seeing about 6/7 highlights of a game. I'm really not sure if its just me or if it happens for anyone else

2) key is now for goals only mate :) set it to extended to see chances! its not a bug but a new feature..

Thanks. I was wondering what was going on, didn't know they had changed it

1) way too many goals being scored from keeper parrying.. the keepers parry it straight back into the middle of the box where the one opp striker seems to get the ball over your 5 defenders in the box and scores!

2) pointless hoofing of the ball from players when a really good pass is on straight to defender..

34 posts in and no one is putting up PKMs and putting it on the SI forums. It's not going to get noticed if you are not creating bug threads.

was going to link this to a thread at SI..

just using it to take notes and upload easily..

still NO IDEA what pkm is though.. :p

I'm sure this has been covered already but:

Wingers dribbling the ball across the touchline towards the goal them going for goal and invariably hitting the post, keeper saves, when a perfectly acceptable square ball is on.

Thought it was cause Mirellas was greedy at first, but it's happened a lot with other players as well.

My defensive midfielder automatically/randomly swaps position with my striker midgame

I am getting so frustrated with this. I am, this minute, playing the champions league final and low and behold it's happened again. Every time I play a match this happens. My defensive midfielder randomly will swap positions with my central striker!! Lars Bender starts marauding around up front and Neymar is chilling out in my own half. Has anyone else experienced this? I have re-installed the game, updated and nothing works.

Also, the physics of the ball movement, plus the players decisions in 3D match mode are simply hilarious. They couldn't have made it any less realistic if they had tried which is weird cos I thought they had it pretty spot on in FM 2012.

Seems to me, loads of time was spent working on the aesthetics of this game to the point where they forgot that they were making an FM game. Worst gameplay in an FM for a while so far, this patch better be good.

Frustrated? who me!? :)

was going to link this to a thread at SI..

just using it to take notes and upload easily..

But its not much use to them without PKMs, otherwise its just a rant thread.

At the end of the match, if you have seen an issue, you need to click on the save match button (not on FM right now so cant take a SS), then the replay of the match will be saved in a folder called: Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\matches

You then upload that to the ftp:
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319072

And make a thread detailing what went wrong, and at what time.