View attachment 171134
View attachment 171133

For the 3rd straight game I decided to field the same starting XI as we hosted Southampton to the King Power Stadium. There is currently no reason to make any changes, as Vecino still has to wait for his first match day call up.

24th minute - Fuchs sends a drilled cross in from the left wing, which Vardy is able to get on the end of and place into the top right hand corner from 3 yards out. 1-0.

31st minute - Fuchs again delivers an inch perfect cross to the back post, where Mahrez is lurking to volley home. 2-0.

33rd minute - Mahrez dribbles into the area, drawing 2 defenders in before pulling the ball back to an unmarked Jamie Vardy who puts the ball past Stekelenburg who is stood helplessly on his his goal line. 3-0.

38th minute - Okazaki takes the ball of Cedric before evading his last ditch slide tackle and drilling the ball past Stekelenburg at his near post. 4-0.

82nd minute - Vardy makes another driving run into the penalty area, as Fonte sticks out a clumsy right leg to bring him down. Penalty! Vardy now has a chance to complete his hattrick as he places the ball on the spot. Keeper dives the right way but cant get a hand to the thumping effort. 5-0.

What a result! We absolutely smashed a decent Southampton side to continue our unbeaten start to the season. Jamie Vardy was in terrific form yet again, bagging himself a hattrick. Whilst Okazaki scored his first goal fro the club, which was a nice addition on the scoresheet to the usual Mahrez or Vardy!

View attachment 171131

MOTM - Jamie Vardy: 3 goals, 9.6 rating

About time somebody else scored! :p Great start, and no one can say it's unrealistic!

If you don't mind me asking could you post up some screenshots of your tactics please? Great start to the season????????????

If you don't mind me asking could you post up some screenshots of your tactics please? Great start to the season������������

Thanks mate - Yeah no problem, meant to post them up in an earlier post but forgot. It is obviously still very early days in the season, so haven't been truly tested yet, but basically just decided to play all my best players in their preferred positions/roles and seems to be working so far.

Home Tactic
View attachment 171058View attachment 171057

Thanks mate - Yeah no problem, meant to post them up in an earlier post but forgot. It is obviously still very early days in the season, so haven't been truly tested yet, but basically just decided to play all my best players in their preferred positions/roles and seems to be working so far.

Home Tactic
View attachment 1030291View attachment 1030292

Away Tactic

View attachment 1030293
View attachment 1030294

Thanks a lot a hope you don't mind if a give the tactic a tried mate looks good and hopefully you have a season like your team is having in real life.​

Thanks a lot a hope you don't mind if a give the tactic a tried mate looks good and hopefully you have a season like your team is having in real life.

Thanks man!

Yeah feel free to give it a go, will see how it fares against some of the big teams soon!

View attachment 170977
View attachment 170978

The Capital One Cup was the perfect opportunity to rotate the squad. I played a completely different starting XI from the game against Southampton and even tried a new formation. Despite a "weakened" team I am still expecting us to comfortably see off the challenge of Huddersfield.

13th​ minute – Gray sends a deep floated cross towards Schlupp at the back post, but is denied by Murphy is able to tip the ball onto the post before gathering it on the line.

37th​ minute – Hogg dives in with a scything scissor tackle on Vecino, getting nowhere near the ball and is rightly dismissed by the referee. Huddersfield are down to 10 men.

76th​ minute – Chilwell stands a decent cross up towards the back post where Ulloa is loitering, but he can only head the ball onto the bar.

86th​ minute – Gray is forced off following a strong but fair challenge from Bikey.

Extra Time

93rd​ minute – Bikey appears to flatten Wasilewski as a corner is swung in and the referee awards a penalty. Andy King coolly converts in the absence of Mahrez and Vardy to make it 1-0.

Well that wasn't quite as straight forward as I had originally anticipated, even against 10 men for the majority of the game. It was however the first game of the season for a number of players and can possibly put it down to that. Either way we shouldn't have to rely on an extra time penalty to beat 10 man Huddersfield.

View attachment 170976

MOTM: Ben Chilwell - 9 rating

View attachment 170899
View attachment 170897

Following our laborious victory over Huddersfield in the Capital One Cup, I decided to revert back to our original starting XI. All these players have looked in fine form throughout our last 3 Premier League matches and am confident they can get the job done once again.

4th​ minute – Naughton finds himself completely free on the right wing and floats a ball into towards Gomis, who gets in front of Morgan and heads the ball past Schmeichel who can only get a hand to it. 1-0

22nd​ minute – Ashely Williams plays a long pall over the top putting Paloschi in one on one but Schmeichel denies him with a diving save to his left hand side.

30th​ minute – Mahrez puts a throughball in behind Ashley Williams who is beaten all ends up by the pace of Vardy and makes a clumsy tackle from behind, bringing him down. Penalty! Not sure how that wasn’t a red card yet alone a yellow considering he denied a goal scoring opportunity! Anyway, Mahrez sends Fabianski the wrong way, rolling the ball into the bottom right hand corner. 1-1.

40th​ minute – Albrighton chips a ball to the near post towards Vardy, who beats Williams to it and puts the ball past Fabianski. 1-2

45th​ minute – Fer flicks Taylors cross on towards the backpost and is met by Gomis who thunders a header into the back of the net. 2-2.

70th​ minute – Replacement, Vecino rolls a through ball between the defence allowing Vardy a sight of goal but is denied by a fantastic save from Fabianski.

74th​ minute – Another Leicester attack allows Albrighton to deliver another dangerous cross into the area, which is met by the onrushing N’Golo Kante who slots the ball beyond Fabianski, for what proves to be the winning goal. 2-3.

Swansea provided the greatest test for us in the league this season, as Gomis caused us a number of difficulties at the back. We had to dig deep to come away with the 3 points and am delighted for Kante to get his Leicester goal tally up and running. Vardy and Mahrez also extend their League goalscoring runs to 4 straight matches.

View attachment 170898

MOTM: Bafetimbi Gomis – 2 goals, 8 rating

Our Best Player: Marc Albrighton – 2 assists. 8.4 rating

View attachment 170886

We had only made the one additional signing so far this summer, heading into to deadline day. This is known to be a day of various panic buying and was keen to see whether Bobic was planning any last minute deals, not that i had caught wind of any!

I was happy with the current squad and was quite content to sit back and watch time tick by until the 11pm deadline. That was until I had an e-mail come through from Mr Bobic....

View attachment 170885

Bobic had accepted a shock bid of £9.75 Million from Chelsea for Marc Albrighton!!

This wasn't the news I really wanted to hear with hours left before the impending deadline and no time to secure a replacement. Albrighton has been in terrific form for us this season down the left wing picking up 4 assists in as many games.

A couple of hours later and the deal was done....

View attachment 170881

The transfer isn't the end of the world as I still have talented options in Jeffrey Schlupp and Demarai Gray. Hopefully Albrighton will be able to get some game time for Chelsea and not just be utilised a bench warmer, but is unlikely given the talent in their squad.

No further dealings were made, in the transfer window other than a couple of loan moves. It has been a relatively quiet window for the club, but following the sale of Albrighton there is money to spend in January,

View attachment 170883

It appears to have been a quiet transfer window all round with only a handful of signings being made.

View attachment 170882

That's a painful sale for you, Albrighton is a solid winger and I'm sure he must have been upgraded in the update too :/

Yeah he looks a much better player following the latest update and is a big loss to the side, but i guess it will allow Schlupp more game time and is still developing.

View attachment 170830

Great start mate. Love the updates and the layout. Keep up the good work.

View attachment 170829
View attachment 170828
View attachment 170827

We really couldn't have asked for a better start to the season! The 5-0 thrashing of Southampton was undoubtably our best result, humiliating them on TV across the world. Normally you would never have anticipated this Leicester side to be sitting top of the table, but after watching them IRL it comes as no major surprise. Obviously it is still very early days in the season and we are yet to come up against any of the so called "big" teams, but this side is looking very good so far.

Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez have been in sensational form in front of goal so far this season (again no massive shock) and are currently the No1 and No2 top goalscorers in the league with 7 and 5 respectively.

It therefore comes as no surprise to see Vardy awarded the Player of the Month Award.

View attachment 170826

Appearances: 4
Goals: 7
Assists: 3
Average Rating: 8.77

Riyad Mahrez was named runner up, whilst N'Golo Kante completed the top 3.

(This really is turning out like real life!)

View attachment 170821

Mahrez (4 apps) -
5 goals, 1 assist, 8.38 rating

Kante (4 apps) - 1 goal, 8.23 rating

September looks set to be a much more challenging month, with games against Man City, Spurs and Everton. This is really going to test our squads ability and would be very happy to come out of these 3 games with 4 points.

We also make another visit to the Liberty Stadium to face Swansea in the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup. I will be fielding a rotated team again, but will still be looking to come away with a result!

View attachment 170819

Great start mate! Nice to see Vardy and Mahrez take their real life form into your save :)

View attachment 170797

View attachment 170796 View attachment 170794 View attachment 170793

Following our terrific start to the season, 3 players were called up for their International debuts at the beginning of September.

Danny Drinkwater (England)

Came off the bench 59 minutes into a 2-1 defeat away to Switzerland. Had little time to influence the game but received a match rating of 6.6

Mathias Vecino (Uruguay)

Started in a friendly against Tunisia, where they lost 2-0. Was substituted in the 73rd minute and received a match rating of 6.9.

N'Golo Kante (Mali)

Kante decided to represent Mali, rather than hold out for a potential French call up, which must be brilliant news to all the Mali supporters. He started the African Cup of Nations Qualifier against South Sudan, scoring a debut goal and receiving a match rating of 9.

Following his England call-up Drinkwater immediately requested a new contract to reflect his recent achievement. As the manager I stepped in and managed convinced him that a new contract would be arriving his way should he maintain his recent levels of performance. It was a productive meeting, to which Drinkwater duly accepted.

View attachment 170791

Despite this, Bobic decided to come flying in with a new contract offer just 2 days later! I am pleased that Danny has committed himself to the club but was hoping to make him work for it a bit harder. Oh well....

View attachment 170787

Bobic also decided to allow young LB, Ben Chilwell leave on a months loan deal to Derby. Not really a deal that I approved of considering our very small squad. Hopefully Fuchs can remain fit for the remainder of the month, otherwise we could be rather stretched...

View attachment 170786

Great start mate! Nice to see Vardy and Mahrez take their real life form into your save :)

Thanks mate - I made sure to play them in their best rated positions and sure enough they have delivered on the pitch!

I have a feeling a number of clubs will come sniffing around in January and can guarantee my DoF, Bobic will likely agree to sell them....

I'd suggest in future if you don't want players loaned out, go to their squad status and make them "Unavailable for Loan" rather than "No Status Set". Provided that's within your rules :)