The Future of England: A Ross-Galloway Story

Wembley. What an amazing ground ay? I had my first match as England manager there today and it was amazing. The crowd was estatic and I finally felt that I had support from the fans, I think the players felt the same way. The match was only a friendly against Slovenia but I still played quite a strong squad. I kept with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation as it seemed to work quite well against Holland. I had to drop Kieran Gibbs from the squad unexpectingly as he caught food poisioning and could not play. However, he should be fit for the Croatia game. Michael Dawson led the squad out to a deafening cheer from the fans. Michael Dawson led out the following squad...

englandvsloveniaa.png

I looked at the Slovenia team sheet and though to myself 'that's utter rubbish compared to England'. This match was one that should have been an easy win...
englandvslovenia2.png

And unfortunately it wasn't, the match finished 0-0 with England dominating. Today, the goalkeeper was just to good for the youngsters and although I am disapointed it was only a friendly. I just hope that we can beat Croatia in the next game as it is a World Cup Qualifing match.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

I still can't get used to the fact that I am walking out to Wembley regularly. When I was Villa manager I only ever got to be at Wembley once in a while, now I'm there almost every month. Today was the second time I had been in about a week. Many of the fans were still disapointed with the Slovenia result and I was determinded to beat Croatia and secure World Cup Qualification. I decided to switch to a 4-2-3-1 formation, I decided on this squad...

englandvcroatia.png

Our squad looked a team that I thought could easily beat Croatia...
englandvcroatia2.png

And that's exactly what it did, 4-0 aswell! Captain fantastic! Michael Dawson go two brilliant headers both from two top corners from Ashley Young! I brought Jack Wilshere on at half time and he played extremely well all the time he was on the pitch, even getting a goal. This secures England qualification into the World Cup and from now on the qualifing matches are there for fun!

Great result against Croatia. :)

Seems interesting, and if I am honest, I'd rather England took this approach in real life.

Good luck. :)

86608962.png

The FA are today proud to unveil the new England kits for the upcoming World Cup. England have a new sponsor and a new brand making the kits. Martin O'Neill signed a contract with both Adidas, to make the kits, and o2, to sponsor. These kits have been released just as England qualify for the World Cup and will hit the shop next month. Adidas have made a great start to designed England's kits and we hope that these kits will be worn when we lift the World Cup later this year. Adidas have also said that they would like to thank Dec for creating the Home, Away and Third kits and Ross for creating the training jacket.

faorpv.png

England's Home Kit

24inc.png

England's Away Kit

2qlxuux.png

England's Third Kit

trainingz.png

England's Training Jacket

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

86608962.png

Martin O'Neill has announced the 26-man squad that will face Ukraine and Belaraus. The squad is almost the same as last time however, Ashley Young is removed after he was injured and could be out for around 3 months.

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart
Scott Loach
Alex Smithies

Defenders

Miles Addison
Ryan Bertrand
Michael Dawson
Michael Mancienne
Nedum Onuoha
Micah Richards
Ryan Shawcross
Chris Smalling
Kyle Walker

Midfielders

Lee Cattermole
Tom Cleverley
Kieran Gibbs
Aaron Lennon
James Milner
Jack Rodwell
Jack Wilshere
Victor Moses

Forwards

Gabby Agblonlahor
Andy Carrol
Theo Walcott
Daniel Sturridge
Danny Welbeck
Nathan Delfouneso​

Hate the fact you're deliberately not picking the best squad.

Good story though, I guess.

Hate the fact you're deliberately not picking the best squad.

Good story though, I guess.

thats the whole point of the story hence the fact the name is the future of england.

But it's completely unrealistic, so I won't be following.

But it's completely unrealistic, so I won't be following.

but making an england story more unrealistic and different is better aint it ?? cause havent many people been complaining the story sections are too dull and seeing all england stories with same thing happening is one thing that makes it dull and thats why i think this story is fantastic

Exactly this story is original and is interesting to see how a 2nd rated selection can do :)

Im following

Sorry Ed but saying my story is unrealistic is just being extremely hypocritical. Your Slaying the Dragons story was very good but, that was completely unrealistic. :/ My idea would be more likely to happen in real life than yours.

very nice kits and nice read, im followin g with interest pal :)

Today we had to play Ukraine, it was a World Cup Qualifier but we had already qualified so I decided to play a slightly weakened team. It gave some players that don't normally play a chance to get their first cap. With Ashley Young injured I decided to bring in Jack Wilshere to replace him after his tremendous performance against Croatia. The squad included som new faces but I was confident they would perform...

ukrainevengland.png

ukrainevengland2.png

Gabby Agblonlahor you are amazing! This match was completely dominated by England and Gabby easily deserved a hat trick! Jack Wilshere performed brilliant filling in for Ashley Young and Tom Cleverley also impressed. This match was in a way extremely important because after the match FIFA released the updated World Rankings and England had correctly moved up two places to 6th! I was very happy with the lads and told them that we need to keep on moving up!
worldo.png

We then welcomed Belaraus to Wembley just a few days after the Ukraine game. I played a similar squad of young players and they definately impressed...
englandvbelarus.png

englandvbelarus2.png

Jack Wilshere yet again impressed today, getting a goal aswell. I think Ashley Young is going to have a hard time getting his place back in the squad. James Milner also scored a amazing free kick, it was just like David Beckham's goal against Greece. Top class. Our next game was a friendly I had arranged against Cyprus, should be an easy win...

great results mate i can see your team having a great world cup :)

Just change ye red writing to black mate, easier on the eye :) good story though!

86608962.png

Martin O'Neill announced the 26 man squad that will be facing Cyprus earlier today and he has included some new players from the normal squad and that is mainly because more players are fit again. The squad still looks strong however and looks like a team that could easily beat Cyprus.

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart
Scott Loach
Alex Smithies

Defenders

Miles Addison
Michael Dawson
Michael Mancienne
Joe Mattock
Kyle Naughton
Nedum Onuoha
Micah Richards
Ryan Shawcross
Chris Smalling
Kyle Walker

Midfielders

Lee Cattermole
Kieran Gibbs
Jordan Henderson
Tom Huddlestone
Adam Johnson
James Milner
Jack Rodwell
Danny Rose
Jack Wilshere

Forwards

Gabby Agblonlahor
Andy Carrol
Theo Walcott
Danny Welbeck

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

attachment.php

ANOTHER INJURY PROBLEM FOR ENGLAND
Paul-Scholes.jpg

Andy Carroll will miss out on the Crypus game due to this tackle
England have yet again been left with another injury problem as Andy Carroll was rougly tackled by Paul Scholes at the weekend. It has been confirmed that Andy has pulled his hamstring and will be out for around two weeks. This has meant that England manager Martin O'Neill has had to select a replacement for Andy. Martin O'Neill today announced that young Chelsea stiker Daniel Sturridge will replace Andy.

Daniel has been on form for Chelsea as Drogba has been out injured and Sturridge has replaced him. Many see this as the ideal decision and hope to see Sturridge in the starting eleven against Cyprus.
429x.jpg

Daniel Sturridge has stepped into Didier Drogba's boots brilliantly at Chelsea, can he do it for England?

A great story mate. Keep it up and dont bother with people putting your story down. Listen to the people who are liking the story and keep up the good work