The Future of England: A Ross-Galloway Story

greaat work mate but rodwell turned out a better DC for me and welbeck is far better than andy carroll and has a lot more potentional

Sorry Ed but saying my story is unrealistic is just being extremely hypocritical. Your Slaying the Dragons story was very good but, that was completely unrealistic. :/ My idea would be more likely to happen in real life than yours.

Yep, a Scottish manager taking over England, picking a team that is deliberately not as good as possible. Very realistic.

Yep, a Scottish manager taking over England, picking a team that is deliberately not as good as possible. Very realistic.

No... An Irish manager taking over England, picking a team that is made up of youth.

ffs listen mate if you dont like the story dont come on it and comment

Ross asked me to post my opinion, and I did. He's a very good story writer, but there have been loads of English youth stories. I'm not knocking Ross at all - he's a very good writer, and capable of better. If he didn't ask for my opinion I wouldn't have posted it.

Nice stort Ross, seems good so far, and I'll try and keep an eye out for updates. It may be a bit unrealistic, but a lot of the great stories are. Slaying The Dragons, Cockfosters to the Premier League (not necessarily good story, but nonetheless), and plenty of others! Keep it up!

attachment.php

FANS FURIOUS WITH ENGLAND RESULT

fansPA2603_468x299.jpg

Martin O'Neill was last night under fire from many England fans as The Three Lions lost to Cyprus 2-1. Martin did not play an extremely strong squad as seen below.
cyprusvengland.png

There were doubts in the away section of Cyprus's stadium when this team was announced by before the game Martin O'Neill admitted this game was not about a result, he explained that he was experimenting with the squad and trying out some new players.

Michael Dawson got the only goal for England after he scored a brilliant header, but that wasn't enough as Cyprus managed two goals and fans believe that it was young goalkeeper Alex Smithies's fault that the goals happened. Martin said that Alex was being given a chance and told fans to remember that he is only young and he did make some great saves and gurantees that he will become a future star for England.
cyprusvengland2.png

alex-smithies-w.jpg

Alex Smithies disapointed many England fans

attachment.php

WORLD CUP GROUPS ARE DRAWN
The groups for next years World Cup were drawn earlier today and many people say that England have recieved an easy group. England were selected to be a first seed and drew the following teams in Group E. Russia, Ecuador and North Korea. Many fans believe the only threat in the group is Russia. Martin O'Neill has said that he is happy with groups and is already starting to get into the World Cup mood. Many fans feel the same way. This has made everyone realise, the World Cup is upon us...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgyJY9yndv4&feature=related"]YouTube - FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa Official Theme Song-Wavin' Flag[/ame]​

Russia always prove to be a difficault team to beat on football manager, im sure you'll win though :)

good luck in the world cup mate im sure you can go all the way and win it :)

LOL the arguement between ross and ed is class, apart from ross is right, capello is starting to do it now and play more youth players in the england squad instead of the orginal like lampard,
Rio, terry, and playing people like dawson, adam johnson, darren bent (although not youth he is giving underated players a chance) Joe hart (young for a goalie) but he is a lot better than rob green or david james, capello din't pick him because his younger than the other 2 goalies. btw I read the slaying the dragons story and yeah brill story really liked a team playing with hot prospects. but it's never going to happen and england playing youth players is starting to happen.

The Twelfth Man

Hello all, I'm Stuart Pearce and this will be my weekly magazine with thoughts about Martin O'Neill choices, how the team is performing and what shoud I do in case I was England's manager ! Expectations are high in the relm, to be honest I thought Martin was managing the under 19 with the squad that he picked against Cyprus, a very young, yet very talented squad ! This has to be the youngest squad I have ever seen in terms of England squad, if you ask me, Martin got help from Wenger in this one !

Squad Analysis​

I think that Chris Smalling, Kieran Gibbs and Danny Rose shouldn't be in the squad, not so experienced, no doubt their value is unquestionable, I fell that they will crack under pressure when a big game is just around the corner . With that said, Paul Henderson, Junior Stanislas and Mark Beevers should their respective replacements . They will give star quality and more depth to english side in my point of view! Now, the game against the Cyprus ..

It was terrible to watch, Alex Smithies was a shadow of himself, insecure, bad passing, and mostly bad communication with his team-mates! How is it possible to only have 50% possession? against a team like Cyprus? How? Jack and Tom should be in defensive positions, with Tom taking control of the game, leaving Rodwell with the defensive part . As for the front, Gabby wasted crucial opportunities, that would put the game beyond questioning. I think that Theo Walcott would be more suitable to play upfront at the moment, as far as I can see, I finishes better than Gabby!

Measures > Drop Tom & Jack to DMC role / slowing the tempo, try to lure the opponent in to our midfield and then counter attack . Our tempo should only be higher after the defensive transition !

Hope you continue to follow, Thank you and goodnight everyone :)

I wanna thank Ross for giving me this opportunity to help him, hope you continue to follow, Cheers

Hi Ross,
As you know I don't come on very often anymore but when I do this story will certainly be one of the things I check and catch up on,
just read through and thorougly enjoying it.
Good detail.
Keep it going.