The GB team 2012

Goldsbury27

Reaction score
If it goes ahead for the GB team in the olympics what would your startin line up be?
Mine is below:

Hart

Johnson-Terry-Dawson-Cole

Lennon-Gerrard-Wilshere-Bale

Bellamy--Rooney

Subs-
Foster-Lescott-Ramsey-Barry-Young-Milner-Carroll-Defoe

Only 3 players from Wales and 0 from N Ireland kinda shows the gulp in class

wouldn't scotland be included as well in it?

completely off topic but can anyone point me in the direction of the 4* staff list thread please? I can't seem to find it.

Smithies
Richards-Smalling-Terry-Gibbs
Walcott-Gerrard-Wilshere-Bale
Sturridge-Rooney​

Id basically have the english team and Bale + Ramsey :D

wales, scotland are simply not good enough to make the team.. and im not being biased its just the truth..

I may be mistaken but I think it's just going to be English players as the other FA's don't want to take part with England.

Hart
Walker Jones Smalling Bale
Lennon Gerrard Wilshere Young
Rooney Carroll

Last edited:
also i swear it is a lot of fringe players like players that play for the b team of england etc, so like thats why people like beckham and gerrard didnt play for england in the last olympic games

also i swear it is a lot of fringe players like players that play for the b team of england etc, so like thats why people like beckham and gerrard didnt play for england in the last olympic games

Reason why no one played was because GB didn't have a football team.

maybe thats because england wasnt in the last olympic games in football :p

Hart

Richards - Smalling - Jones - Walker

Parker

Wilshere - Ramsey

Walcott - Rooney - Bale

Coach:Roy Hodgson/Steve Bruce

Subs:Loach, Naughton, Kelly, Rodwell, Albrighton, Fleck, Carroll

Over 23's: Richards, Parker, Rooney

A team good enough to rival Brazil and Argentina at the Olympics! I notice everyone else hardly has any non-English players apart from Bale.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

anyone know if the GB team appears in FM itself?
No, because a GB team doesn't exist! FM is meant to be realistic so they can't go round creating teams.

I think you'd be able to select 2 better Over 23's than Richards and Parker.
The Olympic system doesn't work like that. They select first team fringe players, not proper starters. For example, at the 2008 Olympics Brazil selected an out of form Ronaldinho, when they could of selected someone way better. Top players think the Olympics are a waste of time, and so do their clubs.

Hart
Walker Jones Smalling Bale
Lennon Gerrard Wilshere Young
Rooney Carroll

bOOm.

Forgot how effective Bale was at LB..

And how popular 4-4-2 is with England fans :p

Hart

Walker - Smalling - Jones - Gibbs

Frimpong

Wilshere - Ramsey

Welbeck/Sturridge - Carroll - Bale​

Forgot how effective Bale was at LB..

Hart​

Walker - Smalling - Jones - Gibbs​

Frimpong​

Wilshere - Ramsey​

Welbeck/Sturridge - Carroll - Bale​
I forgot about Gibbs, Sturridge, Welbeck, Fraizer Campbell (though not included in your team). Also, why Frimpong and Gibbs, I swear they aren't that good. Gibbs was good 1/2 seasons ago, although we haven't seen much of him now.

Forgot how effective Bale was at LB.

More of a 4-2-3-1 tbh with Rooney playing off Carroll, as he does.

Bale will eventually play LB and it will become harder for RB's to track his runs from deep meaning more space. Similar to A.Cole.