The GB team 2012

i mean all the countries involved, i swear the teams are made up of like the b team or am i wrong?
Nah, under-21s and some fringe players. Not B-Teams I don't think, not for Brazil/Argentina or the big Olympic teams.

I forgot about Gibbs, Sturridge, Welbeck, Fraizer Campbell (though not included in your team). Also, why Frimpong and Gibbs, I swear they aren't that good. Gibbs was good 1/2 seasons ago, although we haven't seen much of him now.

Frimpong is an excellent prospect. Gibbs has had a tough season - he was injured then we he was ready to come back, Clichy was in good form so he never really got 100% fit with match practise etc. Still a good player.

@CJ - He's far more effective at LW, though - why move a player who can't defend?

Manager: Hodgson/Bruce/Pearce

Hart
Richards
Jones
Smalling
Walker
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Wilshere
Ramsey
Bale
Sturridge
Carroll

Nah, under-21s and some fringe players. Not B-Teams I don't think, not for Brazil/Argentina or the big Olympic teams.

oh yeah, i looked on the internet appriently Messi has a gold medal...Fair play

Manager: Hodgson/Bruce/Pearce

Hart
Richards
Jones
Smalling
Walker
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Wilshere
Ramsey
Bale
Sturridge
Carroll
Who the ****? I agree with your manager choices though.
EDIT: Haha, Southampton, you having a laugh?

Frimpong is an excellent prospect. Gibbs has had a tough season - he was injured then we he was ready to come back, Clichy was in good form so he never really got 100% fit with match practise etc. Still a good player.

@CJ - He's far more effective at LW, though - why move a player who can't defend?

Your Right, he clearly cannot defend.

Hart

Walker - Smalling - Jones - Bale

Wilshere

Fleck - Gerrard

Walcott -------------------------------- Bellamy

Rooney

I doubt any big name players will be in there.

Smithies
Forster
Richards
Jones
Evans
Walker
Fleck
Chamberlain
Delfounso
Adam
Ravel Morrison
Albrighton
Ramsey
Rodwell
Sturridge
Welbeck
Carroll
Delph
Tomkins

could all be in it

Who the ****? I agree with your manager choices though.
EDIT: Haha, Southampton, you having a laugh?

Are you truly saying you haven't heard of Oxlade-Chamberlain? The player Arsenal almost got during Jan.

Best GB 18:

Scott Carson - O23
Jack Butland

Kyle Walker
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Gareth Bale
Kieran Gibbs
Martin Kelly

David Beckham - O23
Jack Wilshere
Aaron Ramsey
Joe Cole - O23
Jack Rodwell
Tom Cleverly
Alex Chamberlain

Daniel Sturridge
Danny Welbeck
Andy Carroll

[GK] Wayne Hennessey (over 23), Jack Butland

[DL] Neil Taylor
[DR] Chris Gunter, Kyle Walker
[DC] Johnny Evans (over 23), Phil Jones, Chris Smalling

[ML] Gareth Bale, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
[MR] David Beckham (over 23), Theo Walcott
[MC] Aaron Ramsey, Tom Cleverley, Jack Rodwell

[ST] Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Andy Carroll

[GK] Wayne Hennessey (over 23), Jack Butland[DL] Neil Taylor[DR] Chris Gunter, Kyle Walker[DC] Johnny Evans (over 23), Phil Jones, Chris Smalling[ML] Gareth Bale, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain[MR] David Beckham (over 23), Theo Walcott[MC] Aaron Ramsey, Tom Cleverley, Jack Rodwell[ST] Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Andy Carroll
Danny welbeck,Sturridge,Smalling and Jones will go to euro and so could Cleverley so no olympics for them I guess!

Danny welbeck,Sturridge,Smalling and Jones will go to euro and so could Cleverley so no olympics for them I guess!

Yes this is a possibility - I think Pearce will think ahead though - isn't he managing both teams England @ the Euro's and GB at the Olympics?!

To be honest though I think Jones, Smalling and Clevs would be better suited to going to the Olympics rather than the Euro's. Cleverly hasn't come back strong since his injury. Jones and Smalling are competing with each other for either the right back spot or a backup CB spot - would rather them partner each other in the GB squad than sit on the bench at the Euro's. Welbeck has been useless in front of goal lately and I think a good run in the Olympics could do him a world of good - Take Grant Holt to the Euro's ;).

Sturridge definately take him to the Euro's he is so explosive and unpredictable that he could be a massive asset coming off the bench to replace either young or walcott. Walcott with NOT be on the Olympic squad as he is too important to the England team.

Here is how I see the Olympic Squad.

[GK]Jack Butland, Alex Smithies

[DL] Neil Taylor
[DR] Chris Gunter, Kyle Walker
[DC] Johnny Evans (over 23), Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Danny Wilson

[ML] Gareth Bale, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
[MR] David Beckham (over 23)
[MC] Aaron Ramsey, Tom Cleverley, Jack Rodwell

[ST] Danny Welbeck, Bellamy (over 23), Connor Wickham

Why is everyone picking Alex Smithies? Hasn't he been injured for the past year or so?

BTW, anyone who plays in the Euro's can't be picked for the Olympic squad, which rules out the likes of Rooney, Gerrard and Hart, [Raikan (;].

[GK] Jason Steele, Jack Butland

[DEF] Neil Taylor [WEL], Nathaniel Clyne, Danny Wilson [SCO], Martin Kelly, Steven Caulker, Grant Hanley [SCO]

[MID] Chris Brunt (O23) [NI], Gareth Bale [WEL], James Forrest [SCO], Jordan Henderson, Steven Davis (O23) [NI], Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Joe Allan [WEL]

[FWD] Steven Fletcher (O23) [SCO], Jordan Rhodes [SCO], Daniel Sturridge

[NAT] 8 English, 5 Scottish, 3 Welsh, 2 N. Irish

I'd love to see a mix of players, having English + Bale is just boring. I really don't think it will just end up being an England-B like a lot of the others selections suggest.

Last edited:
Rooney, Gerrard, Hart for the over 23's always!

Ruddy

Gareth Bale, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Kyle Walker, Danny Wilson, Naughton, Steven Caulker, Gibbs

Marc Albrighton, Jordan Henderson, Alex Chamberlian, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Daniel Sturridge, Tom Cleverley, Jack Rodwell, Jack Cork

Welbeck, Theo Walcott

Back