The Global Free Agent Challenge

lads can anyone help me, right downloaded first file and put it in the db folder in football manager 2012. Gone to start new game and ticked change to pick the free agent db and its not there. Have i missed something?

Have you downloaded any databases apart from this one? If not try downloading another using the same process to see whether it is the database or something ur missing?

Sorted it, i needed to create Editor Data folder rather than just a db folder.

Hey I'm having a little trouble... I can get all the players as free agents but the wage is a problem because clubs start with their normal wages and stuff and i tried turning off transfers funds in new game but it didnt fix the problem does anyone hve a fix?

Does anybody else have a problem that clubs are not signing many players? I played arsenal first game of the season and the had the random generated youngsters in defense trying to stop Messi and Cavani for me. Also there are big teams like Man U who have 3GKs and one or two amazing players but no full team. Its also not like i have signed everyone there are still loads of good players about it just seems like the other clubs dont try to buy them unless i put a bid in on everyone.

Is anyone else having a problem when they have to register their squads for a competition and it says you need to have 4 players who trained at your club for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21, because I don't have any..

Considering down this but only signing up the wonderkids and building my squad around trying to develop them.

The second file you uploaded works for me but the wage is not 1.5m, is there any quick way to change it?

Is anyone else having a problem when they have to register their squads for a competition and it says you need to have 4 players who trained at your club for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21, because I don't have any..

You should of read the opening thread tips! If u r playing in European competitions u need to sign a few hg players!

You should of read the opening thread tips! If u r playing in European competitions u need to sign a few hg players!
****, I think I did read it and I tried to get homegrown players but I didn't realise they needed to be from my club! It's ok though because I went on holiday for the day when the squad had to be submitted and they gave me some gens

Hey guys im having abit of trouble here, I do the required stepps until I geg to the button saying add players to playable teams and its unticked then i start a new game and the teams are fulled of regens

Downloaded this last night. Worked fine for me. Built myself a nice little Borussia Dortmund squad to hopefully go on to world domination. Just need to work on my youth squads now.

Only thing I'd suggest, is maybe making everyone's squads empty, so everybody is a free agent. Was hoping to grab some top youngsters in Sime Vrsaljko and Mateo Kovacic in Croatia and Erick Torres and Carlos Fierro from mexico, but all 4 were still with their parent squads

Well its been a while since i first replied to this tread, and this DB is a massive success, had alot of fun playing with it, thanks mate!

Downloaded this last night. Worked fine for me. Built myself a nice little Borussia Dortmund squad to hopefully go on to world domination. Just need to work on my youth squads now.

Only thing I'd suggest, is maybe making everyone's squads empty, so everybody is a free agent. Was hoping to grab some top youngsters in Sime Vrsaljko and Mateo Kovacic in Croatia and Erick Torres and Carlos Fierro from mexico, but all 4 were still with their parent squads

Yes I understand your suggestion about making every player free transfer. However, Im too lazy to do it haha plus I think if you make too many changes too the databases it can make the game speed really slow!

Well its been a while since i first replied to this tread, and this DB is a massive success, had alot of fun playing with it, thanks mate!

Cheers mate. I was thinking of developing this challenge further through a lottery challenge, where I randomly generate players onto each of the prem teams using a number generator. Then see how well each club does. What do you think?

Cheers mate. I was thinking of developing this challenge further through a lottery challenge, where I randomly generate players onto each of the prem teams using a number generator. Then see how well each club does. What do you think?
Thats a brilliant idea man! If you need any testers gimme a shout :D