Kyanite

Reaction score
THE GODFATHER
story_title-244-large-1024.jpg

[video=youtube;kzXCIRY8HF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzXCIRY8HF0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

formation.png

results.png

Defensive Shape (5-4-1)
defensiveformation.png

Attacking Shape (3-4-3)
attackingformation.png

Opposition Instructions: None
Training:
Pre-Season (One option towards more match training + match tactics)
100% Familiarity (One option towards less match training + def positioning)
Player Instructions: AMCL (man mark opposition AMR/MR/WBR), AMCR (man mark opposition AML/ML/WBL)

DOWNLOAD

Note: I know this thread is of a lower standard than my other tactics, I'm short on time atm, but I'll edit this and make it look nicer in the next few days.​

Last edited:
Looking to see people's results on this. 3 at the back dosent really work in FM's match engine compared to 4 but it'll be nice to see more results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand. You found paradise in Conte style. You had a good structure, you made a good instructions. Now you come and say "Hey guys check this!" But you don't say with respect. :D

hqdefault.jpg

So, this is very unusual formation. But I played one game and this is close like real current Chelsea!
Passes, combinations, etc.
Special thanks for personal marking :)

(I'm away team)
View attachment 114116

Last edited:
Costa SS?? very very strange :)

Yep however as you can see the defensive position, it's almost as if he is a striker.
The reason he is an SS is because the 3 AMC's creates a wider shape than 1 ST and 2 AMC's sat behind also Hazard is further forward than Costa under Conte...

wow kyanite, what happened against Liverpool? 1-6

I forgot to put the man marking coz of quickly testing the tactic, 1-1 at half time then we just collapsed. Bad management from me tbh.

Looking to see people's results on this. 3 at the back dosent really work in FM's match engine compared to 4 but it'll be nice to see more results.

I always find teams that play 5 at the back like this formation (with the wing backs) are ridiculously OP, have done since FM14.

So, this is very unusual formation. But I played one game and this is close like real current Chelsea!
Passes, combinations, etc.
Special thanks for personal marking :)

(I'm away team)
View attachment 1093601

Awesome, let me know how you get on!

Tried it out for one game as i do any top tactic from here (not fully fluid) plays really well.

i will try this tactic as always with small clubs. i hope is not ***** like almost the rest. Cause when you lay with Chelsea, it's not a big deal to have those results.

i will try this tactic as always with small clubs. i hope is not ***** like almost the rest. Cause when you lay with Chelsea, it's not a big deal to have those results.

With all due respect, I think you are significantly incorrect to think that a tactic that will be successful with a large club will automatically be successful with a small club.
This tactic is built to mimic Conte's Chelsea which Conte has built around them specific players. For example, the reason why this may not work well with a smaller club is because of the high line or lack of wing backs with stamina to keep you in the game.

So instead of degrading people's tactics that work with big teams and not small teams, understand that not every tactic is necessarily created to work with a small team.

If you want a good small team tactic, I recommend my Pellegrini one:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...manuel-pellegrinis-4-4-2-solid-underdogs.html

Can I just confirm your man marking instructions please. You mention two AMC's yet the tactic only has one. Are you classing one of the SS's as an AMC?

Can I just confirm your man marking instructions please. You mention two AMC's yet the tactic only has one. Are you classing one of the SS's as an AMC?

The tactic has 3 x AMC's (players in the central attacking midfielder position). Two as shadow strikers and one as an attacking midfielder.
Sorry for the confusion, my fault.

Basically, set the left SS to man mark the opposition AMR/MR/WR and the right AM to man mark the opposition AML/ML/WL.

This is what allows you to get them to track back and form the wall of 4 in midfield when off the ball.

No way Costa plays as SS.....he should be CF or DLF

No way Costa plays as SS.....he should be CF or DLF

AMCL and AMCR won't track back even with man marking if they are strikers to achieve 5-4-1 when off the ball, Hazard's average position is further forward than Costa... do the math. Doesn't matter what position or role they're playing in on the silly tactic board, what matters is that the performance and team playing style is what it claims to be.

AMCL and AMCR won't track back even with man marking if they are strikers to achieve 5-4-1 when off the ball, Hazard's average position is further forward than Costa... do the math. Doesn't matter what position or role they're playing in on the silly tactic board, what matters is that the performance and team playing style is what it claims to be.
I don't mean to play all 3 as strikers....but only 1 of them like Costa in real life the 5-4-1 can be achieved like that too

Really like the look of this! Team shapes look solid. Looking forward to having a go with this.

I don't mean to play all 3 as strikers....but only 1 of them like Costa in real life the 5-4-1 can be achieved like that too

Still doesn't work because their real life average positions has Hazard further forward than Costa.

Really like the look of this! Team shapes look solid. Looking forward to having a go with this.

Good luck!