TamMcCann

Reaction score
_47378838_laudrup-grant_466b.jpg

Brian Laudrup is a Former Danish International Football who was capped 82 times by his country scoring 21 goals from the right wing. He was remembered more with his time with Glasgow Rangers playing 116 time and scoring 33 times for them during his Four Seasons at the club. He also has spells with European giants such as Bayern Munich, Ac Milan and Chelsea before finishing his Career at Ajax making a total of 342 appearances and scoring a total of 84 goals in his Club Career. He won the Danish Footballer of the Year a record 4 times also he was named by the great Pele as one of the greatest living Footballers at the FIFA 100 ceremony in March 2004, alongside his older brother Michael Laudrup who now manages Swansea City.

After hanging up his boots Laudrup has been commentating on the Champions League and is a pundit at Danish
TV3+ with the fellow Danish and also Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel and also former Danish partner Preben Elkjær Larsen.He is also involved with the so called "Laudrup & Hogarth ProCamp", a youth Football camp, co-coached with former national team keeper Lars Høgh. In his spare time, he played for Lyngby BK's old boys side. There were also some scares through out his life after Football when he discovered he had lymphoma on September 7th 2010, Three Months after starting his treatment he was told there was no signs of the disease.

images

Laudrup looks to managment

Sky Sports news can today confirm Brian Laudrups interest of venturing into management like his older brother Micheal. Brian earlier told us he felt at the age of 44 it was either now or never and after fighting off Cancer and seeing his older brother doing so well with Swansea this Season and guiding them to the Capital One Cup he felt envious and wanted to taste the glory times at managment level! Here is the chat we had with Brian via video link back at his homeland in Denmark :

David Jones: Hi Brian first of all congratulations on fighting Cancer.

Brian Laudrup: Hi David, Thank's it was a long Three Months but I'm on the up now which is great news for me and my family.

David Jones: Great news. So Brian, tell us a little more, what's your plans about going into Football coaching?

Brian Laudrup: Well to be honest it's something I have thought about for a couple of years now but at the same time I've been enjoying being a pundit and spending a lot more time with my family but at the age of 44 I believe it's now or never and I really do want a crack at it whether it be in Denmark, England or Iran!

David Jones: Well good luck Brian I wish you the best of luck with your Career into coaching!

Brian Laudrup: Thank you David!

Well there you have it. Brian Laudrup is looking into the possibility of coaching. Brian would a wealth of knowledge and a great reputation to wherever he goes but will it work out in management? Will he soon be battling it out in a top league or will he end up in an unkown league somewhere within the Football riots of "Iran"!? Only time will tell...

egypt-soccer-riot.jpg

251384d1339423250-swansea-lona-swansea-city-squad-35496338.jpg

The next day after my Sky Sports Interview I flew to Swansea to spend a couple of days with Michael (Laudrup). He invited me down to meet the Swansea City boys and to help with the training session which was great, the lads were full of banter but very professional when need be. Michael has done an excellent job at Swansea and that alone gives me motivation to get into management. After some intense training Michael sorted the lads into teams of 5 and had a few games for the last half hour and Ashley Williams team was short due to Nathan Dyer pulling up with his hamstring..

Ashley Williams : "Brian, winger off, winger on"?!

Brian Laudrup : "A few years ago maybe Ashley!"

Team laughs

Leon Britton : "Common Brian, blast from the past!"

Brian Laudrup : "(Sighs), Ok lets do this!"

37.jpg

God I'm too old for the Swansea boys now! I guess my old knees just aren't up to the job these days! I'm sure I'll be fine in a week or 5! After the games I hobbled off to the showers then into the Cafeteria to get some lunch with Michael and the boys. Michael was sitting with a man I never seen before, bald and dressed pretty smart, seem's as if he may well polish his head too his head was that shiny! I walk up over to Michael and before I get to speak Michael stands up :

Michael Laudrup : "Brian, meet Martin"!

Brian Laudrup : "Oh, er..Hello Martin, nice to meet you".

Martin : "You too Brian, you too".

He sits there with a cheesy grin on his face.

Martin : "Well Brian I hear your looking to get into management"?

Brian Laudrup : "Yes Martin, I'm very keen to get into management".

Martin : "Great Brian, now I know a lot of important Footballing men throughout the UK and abroad and I believe I can help get you one foot in the door of management".

I smile.

Brian Laudrup : "That would be excellent Martin, I would really appreciate that"!

Martin : "No bother Brian, I will be in touch within the next few days with a list of teams that might be suitable for you".

Brian Laudrup : "Ok Martin, Thanks a lot"!

Martin says his goodbyes and heads off out into the Car Park.

Excellent! This could be my chance to get into management, I really hope this Martin guy can get a list drawn up soon, I can't wait to get into management...

brian-laudrup.jpg

BRING IT ON!!!

Great stuff mate, can't wait to see where you start. One thing though, can you make font size abit bigger please mate, will make look better in my opinion. :D

Cheers mate! A was thinking the same thing to be honest, I'll make it bigger next post.

My eyes hurt trying to read that text. But other than that good start mate :)

Fc Midtjylland want Laudrup

428399_594509060567853_1791539169_n.jpg

Fc Midtjylland today have revealed they want Brian Laudrup as there next manager following
Glen Riddersholm's sacking after a fall out with Chairman Johnny Rune.

Outspoken chariman,
Rune today said " Brian is our main target, I'm not afraid to come out in public and say that we want Brian, he is a legend here in Denmark and arguably the best Footballer Denmark has produced! He would bring in a crowd and increase our reputation and also give everyone a lift at the club to help us push for the title this Season!

Brian Laudrup or his agent was unavailable for comment earlier today but reports suggest Laudrup would be very keen to take over at Midtjylland if Rune can agree to some of Laudrup's demands.

images

Fc Midtjylland were founded on 2nd February 1999 as a result of a merger between Ikast FS and Herning Fremad - clubs that had been strong rivals for decades but had never played in any significant role in Danish Football. In 2000 Fc Midtjylland were promoted to the Danish Superliga after a season where no other team has gathered more points in the History of the 1st Divison than they did.

On the pitch the Club has been runner-up four times in the Danish Cup final, and finished second twice and third twice in the Superliga.

The best international result was in the 2002-2003 season, where the team reached the 2nd qualifying round of the UEFA cup, but lost to RSC Anderlecht of Belgium.

On 14th August 2008 they beat Manchester City 1-0 in Manchester, in the 2nd Qualifying Round 1st leg of the UEFA cup it was Manchester City's first ever loss at home to a foreign team, having only ever lost at home in a European Competition to Chelsea. Manchester City won the return leg in Denmark 1-0 after Danny Califf scored a last minute own-goal. Neither team was able to score in extra time and Midtjylland eventually lost the tie on penalties.

FCM%20fans%20p%C3%A5%20SAS%20Arena%20FH_1.jpg

Laudrup would be a popular choice in the fans eyes.

Oooo nice, funnily enough they were the team I was going to start with if I chose to be Brian Laudrup for my story, obviously before I chose Becks. Great stuff and font sooooooo much better. Keep it going. :)

Oooo nice, funnily enough they were the team I was going to start with if I chose to be Brian Laudrup for my story, obviously before I chose Becks. Great stuff and font sooooooo much better. Keep it going. :)

Cheers man |). Start again tomorrow, a tad drunk right now lol!

6406735065_1e1e1b695b_z.jpg

Laudrup jets in for talks with Rune

After Fc Midtjylland chairman Johnny Rune confirmed he wanted Brian Laudrup as his next manager we can today reveal that Laudrup has flew back to his native Denmark and is locked in talks with Rune to try and thrash out a deal that will see him become Fc Midtjylland's new man in charge.

The only downside may be that Rune's Club isn't in the best of shapes financially and reports are suggesting they will be looking to offload 2 or 3 of there star players which some people think will put Laudrup off as it would mean his hands may well be tied while trying to make a career into management, a close friend of Brian's who spoke to us earlier said "Brian is open minded at the moment he isn't ruling anything out as to the possibility of teaming up with Rune, we will just have to wait and see how the talks go but in my opinion he seems keen so watch this space"!

5869345-johnnyrune.jpg

Fc Midtjylland's Chairman Johnny Rune

cockadoo-bar-restaurant.jpg

After a two hour flight from Swansea back to Denmark and an hours drive to a Bar in Copenhagen I met up with Johnny Rune to discuss a possible move to Fc Midtjylland. I was pretty nervous as I've never been in this situation before but I have confidence in my abilities to succeed. As I walk into the bar I'm quickly greeted by what must be one of Johnny's acquaintance's :

"Brian! Welcome, come over here"!

I smile and head over.

Johnny Rune : "It's a pleasure Brian, sit down son."

Brian : "Thank you, you too".

Johnny : "Would you like a drink Brian?"

Brian : "Yes please, that journey was murder"!

Johnny : "Get the man a drink! So Brian lets get started, You are a legend in this country, an idol to people young and old, yes you have no management experience but you know the game inside out, you know Danish Football inside out. I believe you could be the man to boost our profits and reputation for my club, also make me a few extra buck!"

Johnny and his friends laugh.

I feel theres something going on here, something that feels false about the whole situation, does Johnny really want me here to help his club or just to help promote him and gain him extra cash?! I keep quiet on it and see how it goes anyway...

Brian : "Thank you, I believe I can make it work at your club and make them known in Europe. I have watched your team on tv a few times and some players have really impressed me it would be a joy to work with them"!

Johnny sighs.

Johnny : "Yes Brian, we do have some real gem's here...right now our club are in a position where we may well need to sell a couple of our top stars to get our house in order but I believe there are youngers in the youth system that could step up"!

Brian : "Ok so if that happened would I have funds to spend?"

Johnny : "Not at the moment Brian but we will work something out at somepoint."

So Johnny wants to sell the star players and I will not have anything to spend to replace them, It has really put me off, how can I do my job to my full potential if my hands are tied?

Brian : "Johnny thank you but I don't think it's for me, I feel my hands will be tied if the stars will be sold and we can't replace them".

Johnny : "Ok Brian I'm sorry but I can't offer much more in terms of your playing squad".

Brian : "Well it's a Thanks but no thanks".

images

I believe I've made the right choice in knocking back the Fc Midtjylland job, I will continue to look and hopefully I'll have a job in time for Pre-Season...

davis4x3232-332933_478x359.jpg

Steve Davies Sacked!

Crewe Alexandra's boss Steve Davies has been sacked just months after guiding them into League 1, reports suggest he and chairman John Bowler had a fall out over there budget for the season ahead. No doubt fans will be in shock and will want something sorted out before Pre-Season starts in a couple of weeks. The likes of Aidy Bothroyd, Phil Parkinson and Dean Saunders look to be in the running.

mzl.xjixudre.480x480-75.jpg

Brian Laudrup : "Hello?"

Martin : "Brian!"

Brian Laudrup : "Yeah, Whats up?"

Martin : "I have a job interview lined up for you if your interested?"

Brian : "Great! Ovcourse, where?"

Martin : "Crewe Alexandra, definietley a Club with potential!"

Brian : "Ok Martin, when is the interview?"

Martin : "Today!"

Brian : "Erm..Ok Martin I'll get ready just now!"

Martin : "Great pick you up within the hour and get you down there, see you!"

Brian : "See you."

285451d1353964175-railway-heaven-crewe-alexandra-story-crewe4.jpg

Crewe Play-Off Winners 2012

love laudrup, watched him play again at the legends match vs united. Would be good to see him in management like his bro.

love laudrup, watched him play again at the legends match vs united. Would be good to see him in management like his bro.

aye he played well at the legends game set up albertz 25yard strike :p. more posts tonite!

apoel_nikosiya_kipr_old_logo2.png

APOEL in bid to hijack Laudrup

Apoel Nicosia are rumoured to have offered Brian Laudrup a lucrative deal become there new manager after sacking Ivan Jovanović.

APOEL are the most popular foobtall team in Cyprus and they are the most successful with an overall tally of 22 Championships, 19 cups and 12 super cups.

APOEL's greatest moment in the European competitions occurred in the season 2011-2012, when the club participated in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League (along with F.C. Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk and Zenit St Petersburg) and achieved qualification for the quarter-finals by topping the group and eliminating Olympique Lyonnias in the last 16, becoming the only Cypriot club to reach the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

Reports are that suggested that Crewe Alexandra are in talks with Laudrup but the offer of Europe with Nicosia and the life-style in Cyprus may appeal more to Laudrup.

Real_Madrid_-_Apoel+(4).jpg

APOEL in action against Real Madrid

Ooo interesting. Though I think Crewe have good prospects, would love to see you at APOEL, as never seen them in a story, plus then later you could get a bigger job in England. :D

images

Laudrup Confirmed as APOEL Manager!

Speculation over Brian Laudrup's managerial career has today been put at rest after signing a 1 year deal to become the new manager of Cypriot team Apoel Nicosia. Laudrup's appointment brings a wealth of footballing knowledge and experience to Cyprus and will no doubt raise there countries reputation within the footballing world . A spokesmen for Laudrup has said "Brian is delighted to become manager of APOEL Nicosia and he relishes the challenge to help them improve as a club and make them a force in Europe." No interview has yet been done with Brian but there should be a press conference within the coming days.

View attachment 341905View attachment 341907