The Great San Marino Challenge

See the first page of this thread....

Question please - has anyone had a 2nd stadium built for SM club, I'm sure one person did? How long before I can request that, does my old one need to be paid off? Mine's now at 50,000 and selling out every week - max expansion reached but the new stadium option in the boardroom is greyed out 'board do not feel the need' or something, annoying, I have £150m+ in the bank.

Also how long with SM league team before you got them to build a new stadium?

Thanks

only built one stadium for SM, but when I did it was unexpected: board had always rejected my requests and suddenly announced the construction of a new stadium during the summer, so everything can happen. I heard there's a rule you have to wait 25 years before building a new stadium, so maybe you'll have to wait that much? not sure though

only built one stadium for SM, but when I did it was unexpected: board had always rejected my requests and suddenly announced the construction of a new stadium during the summer, so everything can happen. I heard there's a rule you have to wait 25 years before building a new stadium, so maybe you'll have to wait that much? not sure though
It's a twenty year rule.

Season 2020/21

Defended our league title! Wooo!

Walked away with it and finished 19 points clear of Juve, despite several stupid draws.

Won the Cup and Supercoppa.

Got to the final of the CL where Real came from behind to win 2-1! Still, I'm minted from it so not too disappointed, and it was our best ever result. Could have won if star striker hadn't been out injured.

No youth intake to speak of, only 3 x 2.5* prospects, all dual nationality. Some of my oldest dual nationals are approaching 24 so might get a breakthrough soon.

Stadium to be expanded to 20k, facilities to be improved (to top standards I think). Sitting on £20mil in the bank and have focused on free transfers for the most part. Might need a new CB, but got a new 1st choice keeper for free.

Eventually got a fairly decent feeder club, Spezia, who were mid table in February when the deal was made, and then got relegated without me being able to send them any players, so lots might refuse.

NT is at 183rd, nothing really interesting happening there, still losing anything important.

Tre Fiori have done the treble again, have only holidayed them but will go back for CL quals, they've improved their facilities again which is nice. Need to keep looking for more players for them, and there's a slim chance we could push for group stages.

i've just got back to my pennarossa save after about 2 months of not playing fm for various reasons, and going into my 10th season in charge we turned pro, signed a great striker who goes by the name of mattia steffanelli, some of you might recognise that name, and he goes and scores a hattrick on his debut which just so happens to be our first game of the season and a home european tie. seeing as i've been chasing him for about 5 years now i bet he's wishing he signed ages ago after that kind of a debut.

I'm 6 seasons in now I think with Tre Fiori, we managed our best ever CL campaign, beat Shaktar home and away in the CL group to earn 6 points and 3rd place. I then went into the Euro Cup and beat PSV 6-3 in the 1st knockout round, now I'm about to play Feyenoord in the next round.

14m in the bank, spending £50k+ a week on wages but we have a pretty decent team now, probably English Championship level.

In the Jan transfer window I signed a certain Fredrico Macheda - he is 32 now but a good signing for us.

Also I can now loan players between my SM club team and Tre, handy - esp for trying to develop the SM NT players.

NT is around 10-15th in the World and off to the Euros in the summer.

It finally happened. Yes, what you were all waiting for...

View attachment 275070

Right there. Group G. That's right. A certain Sammarinese side called Tre Fiori have, after 10 years of trying, made it to the group stage of the Champion's League.

We had to play 3 matches, a shoe in vs Pub Side AFC which we dominated, what I thought was a very tough draw vs Olympiacos which we lost 2-1 away but pulled it right back with a 4-0 victory at home, then a very easy draw vs St Pat's Athletic, which saw us come out on top 7-3 on aggregate.

I'm not going to get any points from my group, but hey, who cares, just doing it for the money! The highest balance I've ever had, more than most of the teams in my league are worth put together. Not bad...

What leagues/nationalities do you all activate at the start? - As I can't find Enzo Scorza and other players I've seen...

Erm hate to say it but I've made it to the group stage 4x in a row now with Tre Firori, and that was from the 2nd season in charge.....

I got 6 points this year, came 3rd so went into the Euro cup and now I'm in the semi Finals after beating PSV, Feyenoord and a surprise win over Inter.

I have 14m in the bank with Tre, must be 5th season with them now.

What leagues/nationalities do you all activate at the start? - As I can't find Enzo Scorza and other players I've seen...

many people here started the game with first patch. In latest patch there have been lots of transfers updates so many players might be elsewhere - eg Scorza was free and part of Italian leagues database, now I think he's signed for a club in Brazilian lower divisions so won't show up unless you load brazilian leagues.

personally I started with only Italian leagues playable, plus all San Marino players, all inernational players in South America and players from top clubs in South America (like me some brazilian/argentine stars :)). This gave me a nice pool of players.

Erm hate to say it but I've made it to the group stage 4x in a row now with Tre Firori, and that was from the 2nd season in charge.....

I got 6 points this year, came 3rd so went into the Euro cup and now I'm in the semi Finals after beating PSV, Feyenoord and a surprise win over Inter.

I have 14m in the bank with Tre, must be 5th season with them now.

You're probably much better at this game than me, and I've been concentrating on SM first. Now TF are getting some love as I can easily win Serie A.

If you're playing as both SM and Tre then in a few years you should be able to establsh a link between the clubs and loan SM players to Tre, handy for filling gaps and also for developing NT prospects, that and them being SM nationals helps as the 20 max foriegh players rule can be annoying.

Work permits are a big issue! Scout scout scout!

question relating to the TV money, in serie B i got 1.6m in TV money, went straight up, but in Serie A first season im only getting 800k in TV money, surely id have got more following promotion?

WOW Euro 2024?! That is a HUGE achievement, I'm around the same time and best I'm going to manage is 1st KO round - and I'd consider myself to have been HUGELY lucky with some good SM regens and such.

j-robinson, check out the 1st page...depending on the patch you need to add the TV deal with FMRTE.

its an up to date patch, just wondered if i was getting less money because i got promoted and less attention was going to be on me or something

Won my first Competitive match with San Marino NT against Moldova. It was a World Cup qualifier. Moreover, it was my first match as NT manager. :)

View attachment 275473

Hence, completed the First Time Ever challenge.