The Great San Marino Challenge

I had Medina in a fm11, got the european golden boot and helped me win the league with crewe, I found him a bit inconsistent, he never lived up to that season

View attachment 269119WHAT THE ****. I've won the league once, and came twice three times and got to the semi's of the CL, and they want to replace me? This better not happen!

Potty mouth!

I had this once and from memory it was fine, I think as long as you do well post takeover then they don't end up sacking you. Try not to sell any of the fan's fav players, make sure you don't lose any easy games etc and after 6 months you should be fine.

Potty mouth!

I had this once and from memory it was fine, I think as long as you do well post takeover then they don't end up sacking you. Try not to sell any of the fan's fav players, make sure you don't lose any easy games etc and after 6 months you should be fine.

Haha, sorry for the language :p I was rather annoyed, considering all I've done, especially since I'm usually tight on spending.

Most I've spent was 17.5m on a 16 year old. And I've resisted temptation of splashing my 36 million transfer budget many a time.

View attachment 269123

Yeah it would be annoying, I'd be very annoyed as I've won the league 5x in a row, CL 4x in a row and I've actually made the club a decent profit on overall transfer dealings!

I've not had any takeover but I know alot of players in this thread have had it happen to the, but they didn't get replaced.

Last edited:
Oh and anyone who has played a SM league team - can you comment on stadium upgrades? They expanded it to 1500 but by adding another 500 STANDING, which is pointless as I only get 600 approx for league games and only sell out the CL games.........but they have to be seated so it maxes out at 350! I need more seating but can't specify that in the boardrooms options.

Not sure to push for a new stadium, anyone had that? I wonder how much a 5k (with potential for growth) stadium would cos? I think this current one is limited to 4k expansion potential, which TBH is a long way off before I get crowds that big....

I think I'm now ranked either 97th or 117th in Europe :)

Currently with my save I have a stadium close to 10K or so. Haven't played in 3 weeks because I been out of town and running around. So not sure. Although I am not the biggest stadium (I build mine, and one team only sells like 800 seats but somehow has a 13K seating stadium). It is good to build a new one. Off of my memory I believe mine was around 3 million to build mine you can upgrade it to a little over 10K before having to wait 20 years to build a new one. As for your work permits still finding it extremely hard to bring in players, but it's the fun part of finally getting a guy who can work. Also the most frustrating part as well.

View attachment 269119WHAT THE ****. I've won the league once, and came twice three times and got to the semi's of the CL, and they want to replace me? This better not happen!

Everytime the owner sells the club they always say that. You could be mid table and still be fine (although if you just won the league you might be a little closer to getting fired). Once the new owner comes in the fans will be behind you and he will keep you. Don't need to stress about losing your job. Only time to stress is if you have the NT and despite tying some games you might lose your job.

Currently with my save I have a stadium close to 10K or so. Haven't played in 3 weeks because I been out of town and running around. So not sure. Although I am not the biggest stadium (I build mine, and one team only sells like 800 seats but somehow has a 13K seating stadium). It is good to build a new one. Off of my memory I believe mine was around 3 million to build mine you can upgrade it to a little over 10K before having to wait 20 years to build a new one. As for your work permits still finding it extremely hard to bring in players, but it's the fun part of finally getting a guy who can work. Also the most frustrating part as well.

Thank you for this :) I will pester the board for a new stadium. The game is boring now except for the CL side of things, so will keep plodding along!

Cheers mate, I did get kept on anyway, forgot to post it up. Just hesitated as it was a first for me :p

Thank you for this :) I will pester the board for a new stadium. The game is boring now except for the CL side of things, so will keep plodding along!

Yeah the league for me is basically will i score over 100 goals and will I get a tie (although some times are closing the gap in my game now so that is good). Also the bigger the stadium helps go to rep and better players to bring in. Again work permits are not so good, but I am finding Spain, Germany, and of course Italy I am able to sign guys or at least get loans from those leagues and it is helping me out. So much I got to the semi's with a lucky draw in the Champs league.

Wow that's a huge achivement getting to the semi's - gives me inspiration to keep going with this save! I'm 5 years in with Tre Fiori and although I've got to the group stages of the CL 3 years running it was only this year that I managed my first point (a 1-1 home draw with AZ).

I've been hammering the board for facility upgrades so most of the money has gone on that, I have a good young team now - 12m in the bank and spending £43k a week on wages (high I know but needed to pay some people £3k+ to sign).

I've only conceeded one goal in the SM league and 1 in the Cup league, one of my strikers has over 50 goals in 25 games.

I'm also playing a San Mariono (club AND NT) so the game can be v slow, I can't wait until I can start loaning my young Sm national players to Tre from San Mariono, they aren't close enough yet for that to happen though - nobody will go there.

Would be amazing to have a SM vs Tre CL final one day :)

How is the money 10 years in, TV deals/prize? Where is the league & club ranked now? What are you spending on wages?

Just started this, on course for promotion in the first season in the league. Most of the international results have been typically poor but one stands out...

View attachment 270143

Sure, it doesn't really count for anything, but it's nice to at least have a win.

How is the money 10 years in, TV deals/prize? Where is the league & club ranked now? What are you spending on wages?

Prize money for me 10 years in:
TV 26.82k
SM Challenge 107k
Trofeo Federale 536k
1st place in league 804k
Coppa Final 536k
CS Final 268k
CC TV Revenue 1.87M

In last year the money is this for the 2030-2031 year:
TV 90.54k
SM Challenge 403k (next year drops to 362k though)
Trofeo Federale 1.91M (drops to 1.71M)
1st place in league 2.71M
Coppa Final 1.86M
CS Final 905k
CC TV Revenue 8M

For the league and everything from the past year we were 12th best league in the world. My club is now 3 stars (like 2 or 3 teams are 2 1/2 star, and all but 2 teams are Professional now)

Board allowed me to have 452K for budget (set the highest I could) and still have a transfer budget of $34.34M, but again work permits are killing me. At least for guys who are dominate already. Can get people who i need to spend 2-3 years to build up to be good. Currently spending 153K on salaries. I don't have a very good squad and my whole bench is made of loans (although those loan players mostly start cause they are very good). That equals to about 8 million a year in salaries. Three other teams are over 3 million a year for salaries too.

Currently everything is maxed out for my club except for something (had to look on fmrte, but strangely other teams have like 3 or so in that category and i am still at 1). I need other teams to do a lot of climbing for me to sign better people though. Although we do have one team to always make champs league now which of course is always my team.

Hope that helps. Next year is going to be a down year for me I think. I already lost a game and two of the top people on my team are getting older and at the end of their contracts so I might just sell them to make some money. I am better at this game for finances so I am one of the richest teams (top 30 I think) and have almost 100M in the balance. Once I can start buying people then I will do a lot better. Good luck with Tre Fiori. League will be super boring now, but at least you have SM and NT to play with I am just playing as Fiorentino

Wow- that you so much for the detailed reply, very much appreciated! I will keep going and update you all, this game should last me WELL into the launch of FM13 :)

Up to October 2014, so i shall post an update, starting with the NT

results - in the qualifying, still absolutely no real progress made, no results yet and the closest have been a couple of 2-1s and a 4-2 loss, all v Moldova, but gather decent results in friendlies, country are up to 175th in the world, euro 2016 quals look to be just as tough, a group of Bosnia, Croatia, Hungary and Greece should see another 0 point haul from me

players, couple of players came through the ranks at SM club side, most excited by Nigro and D'Elia, both are 4 star potential and may see more playing time with the club, Carollo has also developed nicely and is starting to become a handful

club side - SM are progressing well, champions of C2/A at the first attempt and beat perugia 7-5 on agg (extra time, 4-4 after two games of 2-2) in the C2 Super cup
first season in Serie C1/A was ok, middle of the road, plenty to build on

second season, managed the non league treble of Serie C Cup (C2/A side Valanzena were my opposition, cruised 6-1 on agg, they got relegated too) C1/A champs and C1 Super Cup winners in dramatic fashion (90+3 goal to give me a 5-5 win on away goal) will post a little more in depth on season 13/14

Season 13/14

In january 2013 i managed to piece together a massive bunch of pre-contract deals for a bunch of players that drastically turned my fortunes around, most of them could have probably got serie b deals and ciro immobile should probably have found a deal at a newly promoted side into serie A, but i got in quick and agreed amazing deals (immobile wanted 3k a week, he signed for about 1400) and these signings pretty much built me a whole new team capable of reaching serie B, pushed all the way by Vicenza and AlbinoLeffe (though the latter faded badly) was able to seal the title on the final day, adding to the serie C cup and in future the C1 super cup, most of the players signed still form part of my Serie B team, they are just that good, theyve also led me to a wonderful start which has me top after 7 games in B, with lazio (how) in the division too

GK
RB Palacios CB Forster
Cuomo
RM Gulraiz
AM
Immoble Laurito

so thats 6, with ritsovski (rb) kysela (cb) romano (dm) and rodreiguez (st) all hovering round the XI, other people were here before/after promotion season

See the first page of this thread....

Question please - has anyone had a 2nd stadium built for SM club, I'm sure one person did? How long before I can request that, does my old one need to be paid off? Mine's now at 50,000 and selling out every week - max expansion reached but the new stadium option in the boardroom is greyed out 'board do not feel the need' or something, annoying, I have £150m+ in the bank.

Also how long with SM league team before you got them to build a new stadium?

Thanks