The Great San Marino Challenge

Soooo frustrated right now. Started off the 2nd season doing very well and scoring ~3 per, but suddenly my team forgot how to score for the past 4 months. Barely holding 3rd on the table and can't get a win anywhere. My key poacher was injured in a casual friendly over the holiday break and is out for the season. My star poacher last season now has a SOT % of 28% (I don't even know how it's possible to be that bad). I have never seen such poor, wasteful finishing, not even from an 8th level english team I took to the premiership in FM 11.

Typical game as of late:
View attachment 199956

10k under budget, have all my players on around 5* rating, have this run of pre-season games:

Winning from Seria A teams... They play a good team, I get more shots in most....!
only bought a keeper, rest transfer free, I play 4-1-3-2, Hope I can get a good run going!View attachment 199959

Lol San Marino just beat andorra 3-2 and I'm not even managing them...

This is absolutely AMAZING !!! one of the things that makes FM GREAT !!! im am currently managing hercules and i want to win la liga without cheating, however, seeing how good barcelona are, it'll take years
G ood luck to everyone doing this challenge !!!!

Lost interest in my save :(

Just can't buy a win as it stand's, I'll pick it back tomorrow maybe.

Ok so 2nd season completed, was not as fun as the first as you can tell by the standings.

View attachment 200001

But at least I managed a safe spot in the league as well as ensuring the club can continue to progress. I wont show my seasons transfers as there was no one I brought in who actually starred, we scrapped through on collective mediocrity!

I'm gonna try my hardest this season to get some quality into the squad, I've been sitting beneath my Weekly salary cap so I havent been putting the club into debt, which is good. Stadium Expansion by 1000 seats to which means more money yay! Although I would of preferred a Youth upgrade but they kept telling me no money :(. I'll Keep you all posted :D

Hmm an interesting little challenge. I can see i shall have to give this a go and may start it this weekend.

Soooo frustrated right now. Started off the 2nd season doing very well and scoring ~3 per, but suddenly my team forgot how to score for the past 4 months. Barely holding 3rd on the table and can't get a win anywhere. My key poacher was injured in a casual friendly over the holiday break and is out for the season. My star poacher last season now has a SOT % of 28% (I don't even know how it's possible to be that bad). I have never seen such poor, wasteful finishing, not even from an 8th level english team I took to the premiership in FM 11.

Typical game as of late:
View attachment 199956

yeah sometimes it feels like the game decides it's time for your team to start losing ;) Try using converatios/team meetings to boost players' morale, then a "no pressure" teamtalk could be useful. Also don't understimate the importance of PPMs especially for strikers: "places shots" and "likes to round keeper" often mean better chances of scoring.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Ok so 2nd season completed, was not as fun as the first as you can tell by the standings.

View attachment 200001

But at least I managed a safe spot in the league as well as ensuring the club can continue to progress. I wont show my seasons transfers as there was no one I brought in who actually starred, we scrapped through on collective mediocrity!

I'm gonna try my hardest this season to get some quality into the squad, I've been sitting beneath my Weekly salary cap so I havent been putting the club into debt, which is good. Stadium Expansion by 1000 seats to which means more money yay! Although I would of preferred a Youth upgrade but they kept telling me no money :(. I'll Keep you all posted :D

well you are definitely making progress as a club despite a pretty average season, financial stability and stadium expansion in 2nd season are a great achievement. I can almost guarantee I'll be in red (I'd say about 2M euros) for the first two seasons ;)

well you are definitely making progress as a club despite a pretty average season, financial stability and stadium expansion in 2nd season are a great achievement. I can almost guarantee I'll be in red (I'd say about 2M euros) for the first two seasons ;)

Yeah I dont understand why the stadium expansion is going ahead, because for me I was I think -200000 in the red at the end of season 2, not bad compared to 2mil but still was confusing, they cut my wage budget by a third for this coming season though.

San Marino

Serie C2/A - 2011/12

First season, all went well. As always quite an easy league and had won it with 6 games to go.

View attachment 200122

Serie C1/B - 2012/13

Second season was a bit tougher but thanks to a good signing (see below) I clinched a playoff place on the final day. I then subsequently beat the teams convincingly and got promoted! It was great!

View attachment 200123

Juri Biordi. My new Sammarinese hopeful. Rated as being a good CB for Serie B teams I have high hopes for him!

View attachment 200125

One of my key, key players. He has 17 pace and in the lower leagues he destroys the other teams' defence. Scored 30 goals in 31 appearances, he made my season.

View attachment 200124

And a couple of great signings helped out. Had to sign the first one because of his performances in Fm11! And the second is a surprisingly good scout!

View attachment 200126 View attachment 200127

Anyway I am into my third season in Serie B and all is going well. I am in 13th with 30 points with 18 games gone and came extremely close to getting another one of Kanderrson's acheivements with a 2-1 penalty loss to Bologna in the Cup who are Serie A. But have come across a crash dump that keeps happening on the 2nd January every time so have to sort that out before I can continue.

I always wanted to do this challenge since I saw it last season however I knew I would not have time by the time I found it. Going to do it now though! Wish me luck :)

San Marino

Serie C2/A - 2011/12

First season, all went well. As always quite an easy league and had won it with 6 games to go.

View attachment 200122

Serie C1/B - 2012/13

Second season was a bit tougher but thanks to a good signing (see below) I clinched a playoff place on the final day. I then subsequently beat the teams convincingly and got promoted! It was great!

View attachment 200123

Juri Biordi. My new Sammarinese hopeful. Rated as being a good CB for Serie B teams I have high hopes for him!

View attachment 200125

One of my key, key players. He has 17 pace and in the lower leagues he destroys the other teams' defence. Scored 30 goals in 31 appearances, he made my season.

View attachment 200124

And a couple of great signings helped out. Had to sign the first one because of his performances in Fm11! And the second is a surprisingly good scout!

View attachment 200126 View attachment 200127

Anyway I am into my third season in Serie B and all is going well. I am in 13th with 30 points with 18 games gone and came extremely close to getting another one of Kanderrson's acheivements with a 2-1 penalty loss to Bologna in the Cup who are Serie A. But have come across a crash dump that keeps happening on the 2nd January every time so have to sort that out before I can continue.

Congratulations for back to back promotions, the Great Escape achievement is completed so you'll be the fist to enter San Marino Hall of Fame. I'll add now to OP :)

Scorza looks the kind of player who could win the Alessandro Cesarini Award... but now you have Cesarini himself ;)

a bit concerned to hear of that crash dump issue: crashes have litterally destroyed FM11 for me and especially my long term saves. Same issues would be unacceptable this time.

When I start this game, I will bring the legendary 361/343 tactic to the team/country. Just works so well for the style of football I like to play!

How is everyones NT doing if you're controlling them? I only played two games with them so far and just lost to South Africa after having a goal disallowed and then an 87th minute winner for them and then went all out attack against Holland for a laugh and narrowly missed out on victory by only a mere 10 goals.:p

How is everyones NT doing if you're controlling them? I only played two games with them so far and just lost to South Africa after having a goal disallowed and then an 87th minute winner for them and then went all out attack against Holland for a laugh and narrowly missed out on victory by only a mere 10 goals.:p

On my current save I'm not in control of the NT, although when I played game on my old save I lost 2-0 to Bosnia.

Does anyone know why Andy Selva doesn't have a club, and why he doesn't seem to want a new club?

Finished my 2nd season last night and thankfully managed another promotion. The higher seed rule saved my ***. Not expecting much in Serie B to be honest. I looked at some of the teams and the difference in quality between myself and them is frightening. I'm just hoping to avoid relegation.

Table:
View attachment 200195

Here's two 3.5 star PA recruits:
View attachment 200193View attachment 200194

First cap at age 16. Not too bad!

Some new signings:
View attachment 200197View attachment 200198View attachment 200199

The more i read this thread the more it lookds like a great challenge to take on.. i'm ofin the patior challenge at the min but am currently 2nd in my firest season so i dont expect that to last long. i like the different approaches to the way this is done, do you lay out your cash on new players or invest in stuff and hope to avoid the drop. Might give this a go over the xmas break, just ahve to make sure the san marino job is avialable. Do you guys start with national and club manager jobs? or work your wy up to offered the national job? just wondering if you start with a second guy as national manage surely its be to call all your sanmariese young player up regardless of the hamemring they'll get just for the experience and PA improvement? then when that guys gets canned your club rep is growing? if that makes sense.

Last edited:
The more i read this thread the more it lookds like a great challenge to take on.. i'm ofin the patior challenge at the min but am currently 2nd in my firest season so i dont expect that to last long. i like the different approaches to the way this is done, do you lay out your cash on new players or invest in stuff and hope to avoid the drop. Might give this a go over the xmas break, just ahve to make sure the san marino job is avialable. Do you guys start with national and club manager jobs? or work your wy up to offered the national job? just wondering if you start with a second guy as national manage surely its be to call all your sanmariese young player up regardless of the hamemring they'll get just for the experience and PA improvement? then when that guys gets canned your club rep is growing? if that makes sense.

not too sure what you're getting at but, some people start with the club, others start with the club and the NT. To start as both you must add a manager to the club, add a manager to the NT and you can manage them like that, and eventually leave the NT and apply for the NT job with your club manager.

In other news my new San Marino are kicking ***, 29 goals 2 conceded, 8 wins and 1 draw. Titani!