The Great San Marino Challenge

I still need to do like 5 of them but that means I would have to get San Marino relegated to do that. Which I don't want to do.

mate you're the first (and only) person I have ever seen winning world cup with San Marino, I think that's enough ;)

Hi guys. Really new to the forum and just started this challenge: Am in October of my first season and currently top of Serie C2A with 17 points from 7 games and in the Second Knockout round of Serie C Cup, topped group and then beat Spezia 4-3 aet with Fausto Rossini coming off the bench to score a hat-trick! This is my first eleven:
GK: Gabriele Paoletti (Value £5K, joined for free, age 33)
DR: Marco Taccucci (Value £12K, joined for £12K, age 34)
DCR: Rudy Gerard (Value £120K, joined for £120K, age 22)
DCL: Matteo Pivotto (Value £4K, joined for £10K, age 36)
DL: Salvatore D'Elia (Value £7K, joined for free, age 22)
DM: Laurent Delchie (Value £3.5K, joined for free, age 31)
MC: Erixon Danso (Value £12K, joined for free, age 22)
AMR: Eduardo Ballini (Value £6K, joined for free, age 30) or Alessio Cossu (Value £24K, joined for free, age 25)
AML: Marco Ingrao (Value £6K, joined for free, age 29)
ST: Alexis Abrahim (Value £9K, joined for free, age 27)
ST: Claudio Zanchetta (Value £6K, joined for free, age 27) or Pablo Counago (Value £3K, joined for free, age 31)

For the first time ever i'm watching San Marino play England and i've heard off all the San Marino players... **** i miss my now errored San Marion game... :(

Would start again but i'm 3 seasons into my City/Rangers/Santos/England/Vaxhaul game.. so cannae be bothered starting again, maybe with FM 2013 it'll be San Marino all the way.

Forza !

Decided to start this again, and not doing too bad. Scored 5 goals in 3 games with the NT! Didnt manage to win any though. This was my best game, so close to a result!

View attachment 278602

How do you load all the san marino players so that you can be the san marino manager because I can't work it out

How do you load all the san marino players so that you can be the san marino manager because I can't work it out

where it says database size and tehre's a choice out of small, medium or large, there's also a custom option where you can chose to load all players of nationality, then select san marino from the list.

also downloading and using the san marino league will make sure the national team is available.

Looks like a great challenge! I'm in December 2011 on my FM12 save, currently 5 points clear at the top of Serie C2/A and in the semi-final of the Serie C Cup. Here is my starting XI:
GK: Carlo Sciarrone (Value £9K, joined for free)
DR: Marco Taccucci (Value £12K, joined for £12K, age 34)
DCR: Rudy Gerard (Value £120K, joined for £120K, age 22)
DCL: Matteo Pivotto (Value £4K, joined for £10K, age 36)
DL: Salvatore D'Elia (Value £7K, joined for free, age 22)
DM: Laurent Delchie (Value £3.5K, joined for free, age 31)
MC: Erixon Danso (Value £12K, joined for free, age 22)
AMR: Eduardo Ballini (Value £6K, joined for free, age 30) or Alessio Cossu (Value £24K, joined for free, age 25)
AML: Marco Ingrao (Value £6K, joined for free, age 29)
ST: Alexis Abrahim (Value £9K, joined for free, age 27)
ST: Claudio Zanchetta (Value £6K, joined for free, age 27) or Pablo Counago (Value £3K, joined for free, age 31)

Sod it i'm gonna add a san marino team into my new game... :) cant resist, will be an other team, so prob wont be included in the challenge but gonna run a legit concurrent san marion game regardless... **** internation fixture making me miss the challenge..

I wonder if you guys know the real professions of the San Marino footballers
. View attachment 278735

awesome, Cibelli always looked like the most creative player :) though I'm quite sure the keeper is also a professional footballer (was 3rd keeper for Serie A outfit Cesena).

haven't won WC after all as England (!) beat us in quarter final of 2026 world cup and I decided I couldn't go on with the challenge. Latest recap update in the story thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-another-san-marino-story-31.html#post1607986 ;)

I've owned at least 4 of the actual national team and cheered when Selva came on, much to the bemusement of the rest of the family... :p

Side note : any one any recommendations using the updated LFC database, get me Simonichi and Abrahim, but Scorza and GUlraiz are having non of it..

Really struggling with this now, in 2025, SM club are just dominating, but bringing through SM regens is slow.

NT are 6th in the world but won't be winning the WC/Euros anytime soon, knockout round team at present.

Tre - 50th club in Europe in the rankings now, league is ranked 90th. I'm a group stage CL team, but bridging the gap between the bigger knockout stage teams is VERY slow. Struggling to get players due to work permit issues, struggling to keep hold of my best players and also hard to make much profit now due to wages creeping up.

Add this to the fact Fm13 is on it's way, it's making it hard going for me, gutted as I wanted to Win the CL with Tre and the WC with SM NT.

So I have decided to start off with this on fm13.

Bug reports will be provided by me if there are any.

One other bonus is that you can start with both club and country without any hassle :)

this is great news for us fans of club/country challenges :)

if you manage to go far enough in the next weeks I'd like to know more about a few aspects of the game:

- role of head of youth development and his impact on youth intakes
- are Sammarinese regens created in other clubs outside San Marino (happened quite often in FM11 but NEVER in FM12 despite lots of SM staff being at other clubs)?
- dual nationality is still a big pain in the a$$? I can't keep freezing best prospects until they're 24, that really spoils my game...
- Andy Selva and Aldo Junior: where are they playing? are they interested in joining SM club in first season?

I too have started on fm13 ... So far doing avera\ge in the league BUT won 2 serie B teams in cup and a serie A team too!!!

My first league win 5 games in comes courtesy of a few old friends...

View attachment 279381

Internationally i have had a 5-1 loss to Austria (Manuel Marini scored), a 5-0 to Montenegro and a 6-1 to England in Wembley (Selva with a pen). I have signed Aldo Junior Simoncini as prob my backup keeper. Didn't make a bid for Selva as he is at a club

Edit: This was actually the Serie C cup so still in search of a league win

My first league win 5 games in comes courtesy of a few old friends...

View attachment 279381

Internationally i have had a 5-1 loss to Austria (Manuel Marini scored), a 5-0 to Montenegro and a 6-1 to England in Wembley (Selva with a pen). I have signed Aldo Junior Simoncini as prob my backup keeper. Didn't make a bid for Selva as he is at a club

Edit: This was actually the Serie C cup so still in search of a league win

What did you load at the beginning? I cant find scorza?!

I have Uruguay loaded. probably why.

Just scored a hattrick next game for my first league win 4-0 away to Carpi