The Gunners Battle On...

wonderkid360

Reaction score
First of all,unfortunately I'm already 2 games into the EPL so I'll have a quick recap on the games.I'll do my own view on things like transfers etc but most of the time it will be 'media' articles...
Pre Season Fixtures :
Arsenal 5-1 Arsenal Reserves
(Walcott,11,Gervinho x2,17,12,Park,76,Chamberlain,86 ; Roberts,90+2)
FC Kobenhavn 2- Arsenal 0
(Kristensen,8,Nordstrand,43)

SK Rapid Wien 1- Arsenal 0
(Begovic O.G)
Bromsgrove Sporting 0- Arsenal 3
(Anderesen,5,Afobe,17,Park,54)
Colrorado 0- Arsenal 1

(van Persie,54)
Real Sociedad 3- Arsenal 2
(Prieto,50,Zurutza,74,Nadal,84 ; van Persie x2,26,40)
Hercules 0-Arsenal 2
(Arteta,4,Walcott,50)
Elche 0-Arsenal 0
Player Of The Pre-Season : Robin van Persie
Summary: Im not to happy about are pre-season especially the defeat to Sociedad when we were 2-0 up at half time.To be honest im nt happy with the Bromsgrove result either,it may seem picky but come on,we could and should have got 5.Obviously i'm not happy with the defeats to Kopenhaven or Rapid Wien nor the bore draw with Elche.So all in all the only results Im happy with is the 5-1 thrashing of the reserves and the 2-0 win over Hercules.
League results(so far)
Wigan 0 - Arsenal 2
(Andersen,5,Walcott,36,van Persie missed pen,22)
Arsenal 4 - Newcastle 1
(Vrasljko,24,Andersen,29,van Persie,35,Mertesacker,85 ; Gosling,72)
Summary : I'm with how the campaigns going so far especially the 4-1 thrashing of Newcastle.
CL Qualifiying :
1st leg Udinese 3 - Arsenal 1
(Manoel O.G.,60,Basta,81,Floro Flores,88 ; Park,63)
2nd leg Arsenal 0 [1]- Udinese 0[3] Udinese win 3-1 on aggregate.
Summary : I am really dissapointed with this loss.In the 1st leg we really needed to get a 1-1 draw than we would need 0-0 to go through on away goals,but we let the lead slip.I am particularly annoyed at the 2nd leg 0-0 draw in which i told the lads this was a must win match and then we only had ONE shot on target out of 13! ONE!

Transfers : View attachment 238241
Summary : I am happy how this transfer windows going so far the Gooners,and I have to admit I did not expect to be given £40 odd million for EURO cup qualfication!Although,to honest I was excpecting more from Begovic...
Warning : Well it's about time i told you I am also doing W4nkers Revolving door challenge in which you set an age imit and when a player reaches that limit you have to sell him.My limit is 28.I will need a replacment for van Persie since he's 27 any ideas?
My Current tactic :
View attachment 238242
Here's my EURO cup group : View attachment 238818

Gunners helpless as Baggies scrape late win!
Arsenal 1 - West Brom 2

(Andersen,50,song sent Off,35 ; Brunt,51,Scharner,85)
27 Aug 2011Arsenal were left shocked after West Brom managed a late equlaiser when Paul Scharner gave West Brom a 2-1 lead,after previously being 1-0 up.The 1st half was,in truth quite dull and the game looked to be heading for a 0-0 draw,with the only real incident beig Alex song's sending off.However this was not to be wth 16-year old Lucas andersen(who is Arsenal's top scorer with 3 in 3) put Arsenal ahead.West Brom were quick to respond through Chris Brunt.The game suddenly got more exciting after this with Odemwingie having 2 goals disallowed,both for offside and Chamberlain hitting the wood work.
MoM : Chris Brunt.
******************************************************************************************************
I think the problem is,with Walcott and van Persie injured we lack real venom in attack...Next update Is about the comings and goings in the transfer window!

Last edited:
27 Aug 2011Transfer Rumors :
Arsenal : It is rumored that they are taking a serious look at Asamoah Gyan...(BBC London)
They are also said to want Leverkusen's Stefan Kiessling on loan for £1.7m.(football.guardian.co.uk
Napoli :
According to Guerin sportivo Napoli are ready to bid £1.6m for West Brom's Paul Scharner.(Guerin Sportivo)
Sunderland : Zamalek's Amr Zaki
is reportedly a £4m target for Sunderland.(Goal.Com)
Everton : Sources inside the club have suggested Adrian Aldrete
is a £1.8m target for the merdeyside club.(TEAMtalk.com)
Derby : Norwich's Korey Smith is rportedly a loan target,providing Derby pay £750k.(Football365.com)
Bristol : Sources at Bristol say Norwich's Simon Lappin is a £1.6m target.(Sky Sports News)

Arsenal announce Kiessling signing!
View attachment 238896
Arsenal have announced the signing of Stefan Kiessling on a season long loan with a fee of £1.7m.Simon Rolfes has expressed his amazement at the decision to let Kiessling go out out loan saying that Leverkusen's loss may be Arsenals gain.

Last edited:
2 Out 1 in,as Koscienly and Fabianski leave... And Ayew Comes in
Despite showing an unwilngless to leave Fabianski joined Oil-Rich Man.City.

View attachment 238924Lukasz Fabianski and Laurent Koscienly both left the club,Koscienly to Leverkusen for 7m,although it will be pid over the next 48 months and Fabianski to Manchester City for £1.5m as city are badly in need of a back-up keeper.It is rumored,as Koscienly was widely regarded as a key player for Arsenal that Arsenal were badly in need of te cash.We caught up with Koscienly who had this to say ; "I enjoyed my time at Arsenal andhope to return the some day,but now I am at Leverkusen and will focus on the chalenge ahead."When asked why he chose Leverkusen over arsenal he said "Stefan (Kiessling) told me about the club and said it was great so I took the chance.Ilook forward to seeing him when he returns from his loan at Arsenal.
At the end of the season Koscienly will be able to meet up with arsenal loanee ,Stefan Kiessling.
View attachment 238926
Jordan NOT Andre Ayew

View attachment 238947
Incoming was former OM starlet Jordan ayew,although it was thought that his brother,Andre ayew would make the move NOT Jordan.When asked why he chose to move to Arsenal with Man.City lurking he said "I believe it will be best for my umm.. urr.... How you Say? ahhh... development as Arsenal have great Facilities and their manager Didier Drogba is a good freind of mine".He moved for £6m.
P.s Below that Is ANDRE Ayew NOT Jordan.

Last edited:
Transfer Window Slams Shut!
sky sports news reveals all the biggest deals on transfer deadline day ;

• Marek Hamsik moved to Real Madrid from Napoli for £20m.
  • Arsenal signed Jordan Ayew for £6m.
  • Atheltico Madrid signed Amrzaki for £4m from Zamalek.
  • Stoke Signed Bernard Mendy from OB for £1.3m.
And now for the biggest moves in The world :
  • At first place there's Marek Hamsik's £20m move to Real Madrid(see above)
  • Bacary Sagna also joined Real Madrid his fee of 16.75m landing him 2nd.
  • Walter Montillo joined Man.City from Cruzeiro for £15.5m,a fee which nabbed him 3rd place
  • Asmir Begovic came a close 4th with Arsenal paying Stoke £15m for his services.
  • And in 5th place there's Manoel's £13.25m move from Atletico Paranaese to Arsenal.

Arsenal's bad run continues!
Arsenal 0 - Everton 1
(jano Sent off,26 ; Jelavic,14)
Arsenal will be cursing their bad luck and match official Phil Dowd,Who,Didier Drogba said "Couldn't spot a goal even with goal-line technology" after Arsenal had a clear Andersen goal ruled out for offside,though replays show Baines was playing him on.Even worse for arsena was Jano's sending off,which means they only have 4 options in CM(Arteta,Ramsey(both normal starters) and Chamberain and andersen)with Alex Song also suspended.Drogba will be hoping they don't carry this form into the next match against Athletic.

The Gunners lose to a late goal...again
Arsenal 1-2 Athletic Bilbao 1
( J.Ayew,63,J Ayew injured,86 ; Llorente,8,David Lopez,87)
Yohan Djourou and Arsenal can only look on as Bilbao's players celebrate
View attachment 239298
arsenal will be extremely annoyed with today's loss,having managed to grab a equaliser through debutante Jordan Ayew only to see him carried off on a stretcher in 86th minute.Things went from bad to worse as Arsenal lost out to a late Lopez goal.Feelings of de ja -vu must have made an appearance as the gunners did a similar thing against West Brom in the EPL,losing to a late Scharner goal.
MOM : Fernando Llorente
Line Ups : Arsenal : Szczesny,Vrasljko,Mertesacker(Djourou,45),Manoel,Coquelin(at LB!),Arteta,Song,Ramsey,Jano(AM0)Walcott,Ayew(Kiessling,86)
Athletic Bilbao : Iraizoz,San Jose,Aurtenetxe,Martinez,Iraola(Zubiaurre,64),Iturraspe,Susaeta(Lopez,45),Herrera(Koikilli,70),Llorente,Toquero.
**************************************************************************************************************************************
NOOOOOOOOO.Am so annoyed at this result,i really thought we had snatched a draw.

Last edited:
Arsenal back to winning ways! Fulham 1- Arsenal 2 ( Dembele,84 ; walcott,45,Andersen,50)
Lucas andersen celebrates his 4th goal in an Arsenal shirt
View attachment 239440 Arsenal finally ended their run of 4 matches without a win,managing a 2-1 triumph at Craven Cottage today.16 year old top-scorer Lucas andersen(with 4 in 5,4 in 7 overall) said " I am very pleased to be Arsenals top scorer even though I am just 16 years old and hope we can start winning many more matches."
Lineups: Fulham : Stockdale,Baird,Senderos(injured,90),A.Hughes,Grygera(Briggs,45),Sidwell,Etuhu(D.Murphy,45),Arne Riise(Duff,8)Pogrebnyak,Dembele Arsenal ; Szczesny,Vrasljko(Mario,83),Djourou,Manoel,Coquelin(at LB again,Buysse,45),Chamberlain(at CM),Arteta(Ilsinho,83),Ramsey,Walcott(at STC),van Persie,Andersen(at STC)
MOM : Theo walcott

Yesssss! Very Pleased with this win.League Table :View attachment 239443

Last edited:
Super Bilbao!!!!!!!! lol.

Tough start - sure you will turn it around!

21 Sep 2011Newcastle get revenge
Newcastle 2 - Arsenal 0 (League cup 3rd round)
(Manoel OG,56,Buysse OG,87,Ramsey injured,35)
Ramsey being strechered off injured
View attachment 239520
Newcastle gained revenge for their 4-1 thrashing by arsenal in the EPL by beating Arsenal 2-0,although both the goals came from arsenal players.With Ramsey injured Arsenal are now redjuced to 5 players who can play CM(Chamberlain,Arteta(regular),Andersen,Coquelin and Ilsinho) excluding reserves Aneke,Ebecillio and Bunjaku.What makes it even more depressing is out of al those mentioned above it is only Arteta,Aneke and Ebecillo are natural Cm's.Gunner's fans will like to think it was luck that won newcastle the round,with both goals being from Asenal players.
MOM : Steven Taylor
Lineups :
Newcastle : Krul,Simpson,S.Taylor,Coloccini,Santon,Obertan(Lovenkrands,75),Guthrie(R.Taylor,80),Cabaye,Ba(Gosling,70),Cisse,Best
Arsenal : Szczesny,Vrasljko,Djourou,Manoel,Coquelin(Buysse,82),Chamberlain,Arteta(Ilsinho,35),Ramsey(Park,35),walcott,AndersenJ.Ayew.
in other League cup news...
Norwich win 2-0 against Chelsea!
Liverpool manage a 2-1 triumph against Tottenham....
And Manchester United scrape a 1-0 win against ipswich.

Arsenal make decision to give Ramsey injection
Arsenal football club have announced that they will be giving Aaron Ramsey some painkillers to get through Arsenals game against Manchester United.Manager Didier Drogba said "This is a critical game and we can't afford to lose any more Cm's,otherwise United will punish us."The injection will cost a fee of 1k an could see Ramsey out for 3-4 weeks,instead of he 2-3 weeks it woud have taken had Arsenal left him in the hands of the physio.

Back