The How to get my player a Work Permit thread

How can I sign players that can't get granted a work permit? They always get rejected and therefore cancelling the transfer.

How can I sign players that can't get granted a work permit? They always get rejected and therefore cancelling the transfer.

It depends on what level of league you are playing.. it was a lot easier last year when you can accept even though they cant play then loan them out and offer contracts to get the WP issued, that does not happen anymore!

Who are you and who are you trying to sign? If the player does not meet the certain criteria he wont be able too..

It depends on what level of league you are playing.. it was a lot easier last year when you can accept even though they cant play then loan them out and offer contracts to get the WP issued, that does not happen anymore!

Who are you and who are you trying to sign? If the player does not meet the certain criteria he wont be able too..

I'm Arsenal in 2020-21, trying to sign a Uruguayan youngster (18 years old, 2 star current, 4 and a half star potential) and a couple of Brazilians and an Argentinian around the same current and potential as the Uruguayan.

EDIT: just had the appeal for the Argentinian accepted.

I'm Arsenal in 2020-21, trying to sign a Uruguayan youngster (18 years old, 2 star current, 4 and a half star potential) and a couple of Brazilians and an Argentinian around the same current and potential as the Uruguayan.

EDIT: just had the appeal for the Argentinian accepted.
Tried getting your board to get you a feeder club to get around work permit rules?

Tried getting your board to get you a feeder club to get around work permit rules?

I have just been given permission to select a club to be my 'Work Permit feeder team'. Will that then solve the problem?

I have just been given permission to select a club to be my 'Work Permit feeder team'. Will that then solve the problem?

It will help yes but may not solve the problem!

If you do have a decent feeder club (for WP gaining) like Antwerp/Anderlecht etc (Belgium clubs are the best) you are more likely to get it accepted (as this will ensure that you will send them "easily" to gain nationality)

Anyone had this problem?

Signed Choco first season for West Ham. No problems. He is brazilian with bulgarian 2nd nationality. Did well first season and got promoted and next season he gets his first Bulgarian cap and then he shows up in my squad with that WP. Now I'm left with him in my reserves until he gets english nationality cos board wont allow feeder team. Anyway around this so I dont need to sell him?

Anyone had this problem?

Signed Choco first season for West Ham. No problems. He is brazilian with bulgarian 2nd nationality. Did well first season and got promoted and next season he gets his first Bulgarian cap and then he shows up in my squad with that WP. Now I'm left with him in my reserves until he gets english nationality cos board wont allow feeder team. Anyway around this so I dont need to sell him?

Never seen that before... Championship teams struggle with WP,not sure how you got that right with the Brazillian first nationality and once he got his first cap (you were in EPL) he was unable to play all of a sudden due to a WP issue?)

Have you tried the steps in the OP? Offering him a new contract?

It will help yes but may not solve the problem!

If you do have a decent feeder club (for WP gaining) like Antwerp/Anderlecht etc (Belgium clubs are the best) you are more likely to get it accepted (as this will ensure that you will send them "easily" to gain nationality)

Glad you said that, I chose them last night (phew!). Still waiting for the answer though. Hope it does really help as they're very good prospects.

Westerlo (Belgium) is a good feeder club for WP issue? the days to gain nationality was reset back to 1095 when i sent Honda back to Westerlo after spent a half year in Belgium .pity me

Anyone had this problem?

Same here. Got promoted with Middlesbrough, Choco was fabolous in the Championship so I let Hoyte and McMahon go on a free and now i notice the red icon next to his name. I've read that Bulgarians won't need work permits from January 2014, so I guess I'll try to loan him to Europe for those 16 months...

You can always offer a contract to aplayer that needs aa WP i find that that often works (although they ask for more wages, in my case it has never been much more then what they are already on).

I'm Brighton in the Premier League, and I cannot get players from other countries usually because of these work permits, I have a feeder club (Worthing FC) and a parent club (Havre AC) but I can't send players to any of these because it hasn't got the 'Move to Affiliate' under 'Squads'. Anyone got any solutions?

Ask your board for a work permit based feeder club.

ok thanks for the help its just i try to get alot of brazillian nad Australian but they keep needing work permits