The "I don't enjoy playing this save anymore" syndrome!

Reaction score
Good morning to you all!

This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I've spelled something wrong etc..

About a month ago, I began as the Manager of Millwall Football club.
I bought some players, and after two season, my team was in the Premier League!
I signed about 4-5 players on a free transfer, and had a relatively good squad!

But there was something wrong, I just lost all interest in the save.. :(

It was rather tragic...

Has anyone out there ever experienced the same 'syndrome' as I ? :(

All the time, probably way too often cause it annoys me. I have only made it to like the third season on two of my saves before I have gotten bored of them and moved on to something new for a couple days.

try finding new challenge in other country, or declare interest at other club :p

The trick is to not play too much - and I know that is hard. But playing hour upon hour at a time causes this feeling I think.

I used to be like you; but now I just play a game or two in a session and it keeps my interest.

i usually get bored when my team starts to win every competition, then i move on and start another save

i usually get bored when my team starts to win every competition, then i move on and start another save

same vith me... then i take some lower league club and try to make them top division club

I get bored of my saves quickly too.

You could try to load up the lowest playable leagues in the world, and choose a really bad team to play with. That usually keep my motivation up. :)

Each and every save this happens. I never can get past 2 seasons, max ive done is 3 seasons

yeah because it starts to get repetitive?,
its more fun online and live beating real people and opposition i think,
should set up a server and play with some freinds who will be able to play as much ;)

have a set goal when you start a save, like I want to be the best manager in the world, above Sir Alex in the HoF :)

or win the Champions League with 3 different teams...

or three different League titles...

what I do is I take a mediocre team like Sc Freiburg and make them into a powerhouse in their respective leagues, then after 3 or 4 seasons I want to move on, declare interest in other jobs and see who is interested and take it...

then bring in your favourite players and staff from your previous team and start again with new challenges...

be like, if Roma offer me the job I want to win the Serie A after 3 years, ECL in 3 years.. etc etc :)

have a set goal when you start a save, like I want to be the best manager in the world, above Sir Alex in the HoF :)

or win the Champions League with 3 different teams...

or three different League titles...

what I do is I take a mediocre team like Sc Freiburg and make them into a powerhouse in their respective leagues, then after 3 or 4 seasons I want to move on, declare interest in other jobs and see who is interested and take it...

then bring in your favourite players and staff from your previous team and start again with new challenges...

be like, if Roma offer me the job I want to win the Serie A after 3 years, ECL in 3 years.. etc etc :)

This is what I had done in FM10, Dinamo Kiev to Real Madrid (H) David Seaman ftw :p

so do it again! I remember the story :) start with Genk or Chernomorets or some strange club, St Ettiene would be a cool team as well... great youngsters...

so do it again! I remember the story :) start with Genk or Chernomorets or some strange club, St Ettiene would be a cool team as well... great youngsters...

Each and every save this happens. I never can get past 2 seasons, max ive done is 3 seasons

I always try to get people to play with Hajduk and it is an interesting challenge, and my second most dear club(after the 2.HNL hometown club Junak), try that one maybe :D

I've once done 6 and half seasons on FM10, and that's my max. On FM11 I'm now fourth season and it's my best so far and I'm still playing the save(with Hajduk of course (H))

I always try to get people to play with Hajduk and it is an interesting challenge, and my second most dear club(after the 2.HNL hometown club Junak), try that one maybe :D

I've once done 6 and half seasons on FM10, and that's my max. On FM11 I'm now fourth season and it's my best so far and I'm still playing the save(with Hajduk of course (H))

Alright, I'll start with Hajduk, never managed in Croatia before so should be interesting 8-|

I guess my sin is I give up too easily. For example, I won Serie A with Napoli first season and was like 7th after 15-20 games in the second, so I let myself believe I'm quitting cos it has gotten boring but the truth is I just can't take that I'm not winning :p

To help this syndrome, I've started watching my FM teams games via stream more often and get inspired that way. Too bad Napoli hasn't been too impressive in the last couple of games ;)

I managed to do 11 seasons on one of my saves but I had recently saved Cardiff from relegation and finished 7th in the season after but got sacked in my 3rd season with them because I lost 6 games on the bounce.. Now I'm out of a job and can't find a respectable team... I have won the ECC, Serie A 3 times, Qualified Sporting CP for the ECC, got to the quarters, Won the portuguese league with Porto after they offered me a job (actually won the double, league and cup).. Bugging me now that with my CV, no one wants me :(

Did 9 seasons once with villa on fm10 , so far i manage about 3 seasons then get bored and try somethng else, didnt ever manage anywere except england though so plenty of stuff to try , my brother told me to try indian leagues he says its a lot of fun.

I have yet to complete a full season on FM11, closest I got was with Barcelona around 10 games left to go. When 11.3 patch comes out (hopefully tomorrow) I will definately have a good few saves going.

I never finish more than 1 and a half season unless i'm leading a national team.