More tests and tweaking this weekend.

- I've taken all the long shots
- Changed the tempo to slow
- Changed the waste to none
- Left MC is playmaker

Result: Got 82% of possession, plus 75%, 80% and 68%

I dont get much from the AMC if he is too attacking, but if he is more MC type and with PPM to get 1-2's to get more pace in the game, it works better.

Also, i've seen that this tactic also works better against smaller teams because of the amazing pressure that it makes. if you use it against bigger teams, if they pass the pressure by the wings, a big highway is presented.

More tests and tweaking this weekend.

- I've taken all the long shots
- Changed the tempo to slow
- Changed the waste to none
- Left MC is playmaker

Result: Got 82% of possession, plus 75%, 80% and 68%

I dont get much from the AMC if he is too attacking, but if he is more MC type and with PPM to get 1-2's to get more pace in the game, it works better.

Also, i've seen that this tactic also works better against smaller teams because of the amazing pressure that it makes. if you use it against bigger teams, if they pass the pressure by the wings, a big highway is presented.

are you no longer using that makavelli tactic?

Did it turn out to be not as good as you first thought?

are you no longer using that makavelli tactic?

Did it turn out to be not as good as you first thought?

Oh no, that's my main tactic. As i posted above, this is good against smaller teams, because it chokes them. But if you play, for example Man Utd, that as fast and furios wingers, if they pass your wing backs, you're done: The CB are with the cover role, will run to the wingers in anticipation, leaving the middle of the field empty for...Rooney or Chicharito!! And you don't want this, do you?

On the other hand, Makavelli is not so choking but its more steady in the back. That's why i use 3 tactics: Makavelli for most of the times (80% league games, home and groups away ECL and cup games against favorites), this tactic against smaller teams (early cup stages, poor league teams) and the new one for TBH that's high pressing for away against even or better teams.

As you see, it depends A LOT, from the opponent that you have

Oh no, that's my main tactic. As i posted above, this is good against smaller teams, because it chokes them. But if you play, for example Man Utd, that as fast and furios wingers, if they pass your wing backs, you're done: The CB are with the cover role, will run to the wingers in anticipation, leaving the middle of the field empty for...Rooney or Chicharito!! And you don't want this, do you?

On the other hand, Makavelli is not so choking but its more steady in the back. That's why i use 3 tactics: Makavelli for most of the times (80% league games, home and groups away ECL and cup games against favorites), this tactic against smaller teams (early cup stages, poor league teams) and the new one for TBH that's high pressing for away against even or better teams.

As you see, it depends A LOT, from the opponent that you have

Fair enough, sounds like it works very well for you.

Im currently using the Makavelli on a test save with Arsenal. So can I ask, Seeing as you use another tactic against even or better teams, was makavelli not producing good results against these teams?

I am very familiar with tactics that win 95% of games and then just get battered by city, barca and madrid. However, i don't particularly like using tactic sets, i prefer using just one all season until i feel for a change the next season

Seeing as you use another tactic against even or better teams, was makavelli not producing good results against these teams?

Like this one, the problem of possession and high pressure is to get your backs unprotected.

This tactic, in my concern, leave the backs a little more exposed than Mak, that's why.

Even with the wing backs with man marking, bigger teams tend to attack with both mans (wingers and defenders), witch cause some overload in your defenders. Then, its more of the same, a 2-1 in the the flanks, your defenders go to "cover" and you have a center opened.

There's no ideal system, but if someone find a way to stop this, or to get so much pressure that the other team just kick the ball to get it off, then this tactic would be great, because it would replicate the best football that we have seeing in the last years, witch is barça way of play. Saying this as a Madrid fan, so don't get me wrong.

Harriers09, can you try this, with my tweaks, please?

@Jimmy_x_, if you want to talk more about Maks tactic , send a message to me, because i've tweaked it, and this is another thread.

Seems cool and new .. Whats the best shouts used with this please?

Probably not going to be back until FM13 so any questions you want answered on this tactic please ask soon!