The Italian Job - A Napoli Journey

zakiboy97

Reaction score
View attachment 231844

BREAKING NEWS!
Walter Mazarri steps down as Napoli manager to pursue greater management in the world of football and has left Napoli with a tough decision for the Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis
A press conference announcing the new manager will come in the next few days

View attachment 231845

View attachment 231872

Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis leaving San Paulo after announcing that rookie Zak Hutchinson would be taking the reigns at Napoli and had this to say:

"Zak shows potential, we have to show faith in him and don't expect to win the league straight away its a project that must take time and we hope for the best"

Zak had this to say to World soccer magazine:

"
I'm so pleased that the president and the board had faith in me and wanted me to succeed Walter and I want to repay my faith with the fans with some good results"

Napoli complete first signing of the season

Napoli have completed their first signing of the season with a bid of £500k to secure the services of young Bulgarian striker Soma Novothy who had this to say:

" Chances this are one in a million, I can't wait to play for such a talented club with the likes of Cavani and Lavezzi it just shows that the boss has high hope for myself"

Soma Novothy at Napoli training ground with new team mates
View attachment 231877

Aronica outward bound!
View attachment 232282Aronica in his last days in a Napoli kit during a reserve fixture

Salvatore Aronica has completed a £600k move to Palermo after becoming surplus to requirement at San Paolo

Other transfer news
PSG Midfielder Nene and Man Utd young keeper Ben Amos are both rumoured to be in talk with the Naples club
More news to follow..

Nene joins the Partenopi
View attachment 232549
The Brazilian 29 year old

Nene joins Napoli on a 2 year deal for around £4 million and had this to say;

"Its good when a club with such stature wants to make a move for you, especially since i wasn't needed at Paris and i'm happy to re-establish myself in a new league"

Amos takes the transfer tally to £5.5m
View attachment 232554Amos at the unveiling of the young English keeper

Ben amos has joined the Naples club for around £1 million on a 4 year deal and should act as great cover for ageing keeper Morgan De Sanctis. Manger Zak had this to say;
"Ben shows massive potential, we've seen this at Manchester and we believe he will have good future at Napoli"

Djuricic's "A dream come true"View attachment 232565Young Croatian 19 year old

Filip Djuricic secures a £3.5 million move from Heerenveen to Napoli on a 3 year deal and said this;

"Napoli are a great club, I have high hopes for the future at such a promising club"

More news to follow...

Injury strikes during Napoli's pre-season

Injuries to new signings Filip Djuricic and Ben Amos have both suffered 6-7 week injuries. with Djuricic undergoing treatments for a strained knee and Amos suffering from a double hernia coming at a time to show their first team potential leaving the likes of Nosvothy and Rosati eager at the chance of impressing Mr. Hutchinson

Other News
Napoli winger Camilo Zungia has been co-owned to Sampdoria for £500k and will move there immanently.
View attachment 232579
25 Year old Zuniga

Napoli finish of pre-season on high

Napoli have finished their pre-season with a total of 4 wins and 1 draw

They started their season with a win at Portugal side portimonense 4-0

Then moved onto creteil luistianos with a 6-0 thrashing

The first game of August saw Napoli travel to England with a 2-0 victory over Blackburn and a 3-1 victory over Sunderland

Their final game of pre-season saw Napoli welcome Real Madrid with a shock 1-0 with a lavezzi goal!​

Last edited:
Napoli representing in the Champions league

Napoli have been placed with the hardest group in the champions league being placed with Arsenal of England, Benfica of Portugal and finally Lille of france.

Manager Zak had an opinion of this;

"Well it may be a hard group, but were involved anyway and were just trying to make a point to top clubs that we mean business and won't be a walkover"

More news

Napoli are set to make their final signing of the season with Tunisian striker in a top league ..... more to follow

Last edited:
Napoli make 5th and final signing of the season

View attachment 232624Allagui spotted at Napoli's 1-0 victory against Real Madrid

Napoli had made a move for tunisian striker Sami Allagui from German side Mainz for a reported £2.5 million on a 4 year deal and had this to say;

"Napoli are a great club, and to show my talent in a new league is always interesting. Im glad the manager had faith in me"

Napoli off to winning ways!
View attachment 232806Hugo Campagnaro the man of the match

Napoli started their campaign with a 3-0 victory over Bologna
It started as a generally boring game until the 30th minute when bologna player Gabi Mudingayi was sent off which lead to Hugo Campagnaro capitalised on a free kick to make it 1-0. Lavezzi made it 2-0 on 50 minutes and Campagnaro made it 3-0 with his second goal of the match, Sami Allagui made his debut in the 60th minute and made a starting impression by assisting a goal.

A debut to remember!
View attachment 232881Nene with a goal to remember on 45 minutes

Napoli come back from 2-0 down to clinch a 3-2 victory.
Goals from Nene, Lavezzi and Cavani secured the win for Napoli to make it 2 wins on the bounce with nene scoring a debut goal after coming back from a 2 week injury.

Manager Zak Hutchinson had this to say;

"​Matches like that are scary for a manager, but the Nene goal just blown me away, it'll give the lads great confidence going into the champions league"

Napoli gain credible draw at the Estadio da Luz
View attachment 232991Hugo Campagnaro on form once again

Hugo Campagnaro received his second man of the match in 3 games after securing a 48th minute goal against Benfica to gain a draw against the Portuguese giants.

Hutchinson had this to say to Sky Sports:
"Benfica are huge, so drawing against them is a big achievement so we hope this goes into our next few games to secure some vital points"

Cavani and Lavezzi on form for Napoli
View attachment 232996Cavani and Lavezzi both with the goals to secure the win

Napoli won in a exciting game against Parma in a 4-3 game which saw Cavani and Lavezzi with 2 goals each but goals from Francesco Modesto, Sergio Floccari and an own goal from inform defender Hugo Campagnaro made for an exciting comeback but with no prevail.

Cavani's former club suffer!
View attachment 233055Cavani celebrating against former club
A double from Edinson Cavani and an Andrea Dossena goal completed 3 games won in a row in the league against Cavani's former club Palermo, Mr Hutchinson had this to say to journalist Gabriele Marcotti

"Games like this just great motivators for future games and helps go into games like Inter and Arsenal"

Pandev's game to remember
View attachment 233062Pandev after his third and final goal

Goran Pandev kept Napoli's unbeaten run going with a superb hat-trick against Catiania and the loan striker from Milan is showing that he could be apart of Hutchinsons future plans and maybe hopes of a future move to the Azzuri with being found surplus to inters requirements.

Cavani sets new standard for English clubs!
View attachment 233070Cavani shows England whos boss!

Edinson Cavani had shows clubs with interest in him why he is the main man for Napoli with a stunning hat-trick and a Lavezzi goal to masterclass Arsenal with only a Campagnaro own goal as a sign of hope in the champions league. Arsene Wegner had his say on the Uruguayan striker;

"Hes in a class of his own, our defence didn't see it coming, he definitely gave the fans something to cheer about."

When asked about his interest in Cavani he also had a comment to give;

"Hes a certain goalscorer, he would be a great addition to Arsenal and the Premier league and I know i'm not the only team that wants him"

With teams like Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Arsenal of course wanting the Striker Napoli will be hoping to keep him at Sao Paolo.