The Italian Job - A Napoli Journey

• Thread starter Thread starter zakiboy97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 15K
Napoli only just beat Calgari
View attachment 233080Man of the Match Dossena

Napoli 1- 0 Calgari

Napoli kept their league run unbeaten now for 6 games.
It started as a general boring game until the final 10 minutes of the match when Dossena came to life and sprinted through the defence to get his second goal of the season. This win takes Napoli to 18 points and top of the league in the start october.

Poor finishing that cost Napoli in their defeat
View attachment 233092Cannavaro with only goal for Napoli

Lille 2- Napoli 1

Lille put Napoli back down to earth with their first defeat of the season with goals from Dimiri Payet and Rio Mavuba confirmed the win for the French giants with Paolo Cannavaro getting a 93rd minute comeback but wasn't good enough.

Lazio feels defeat at hands of unbeaten in league Napoli
View attachment 233108Both goalscorers at Olimpico in Rome.

Lazio 0 - Napoli 2

Napoli go 2 points clear at the top of league thanks to goals from Edinson Cavani and Paolo Cannavaro which sunk Lazio who shown no signs of life to make a comeback. Manager Hutchinson had this to say;

"Were really flying high at the moment, it was something I was expecting when I took the job but I cant complain. Were just focusing on our next matches and hope to make a good impact before January"

Napoli gain incredible draw against Inter
View attachment 233127The game changer for Napoli

Napoli 0 - 0 Inter Milan

Napoli kept their unbeaten run going with a draw with inter Milan with Paolo Cannavaro being the key man for Napoli in helping them not concede for 6 games now.

Napoli outclass Cesena
View attachment 233192Miguel Britos the man of the match

Cesena 1 - 4 Napoli

Napoli made game of Cesena with goals from
Gianluca Grava, Edinson Cavani, Filip Djuricic and Miguel Britos helped seal the victory only with a Morgan di Sanctis own goal but nothing special from bottom league team. Mr. Hutchinson had this to say to Sky Sports Italia;

" Games like these show our dominance in a top league in europe, it takes us into great confidence for out next game against Lille"

Lavezzi put Lille in their place
View attachment 233193Man of the Match Lavezzi

Napoli 3 - 1 Lille

Napoli secured a 3-1 over French champions Lille with goals from Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi which is becoming a regular occurrence on the score sheet, putting the Naples club top of their group on goal difference.

Nene gains Atlanta 3rd loss in a rossView attachment 233326Nene secures Napoli's 10th win of the season

Napoli 2 - 0 Atlanta

Nene (x2)

Nene stole the show at Sao Paolo with 2 stunning stikes to sink Atlanta to 18th in the league by a staggering 28 points, Nene was speaking to World Soccer Magazine;

" Well what can i say, ive thrived on games like these and this league has all the opportunities I need to score. I will continue to score hopefully and hope being 30 doesn't stop me from starting ahead from the front lads ( Cavani, Lavezzi)"

Azzuri crush Viola
View attachment 233335Cavani celebration after collection second of the game

Fiorentina 0 - 4 Napoli
(Maggio)
(Cavani 2x)
(Dossena)

Napoli crush Fiorentina with one of their profomances of the season with big contributions from all the goalscorers with Cavani being in a class of his own this season not only for his club but in the league and is showing possible suitors why he would cost big money for a player this talented

Solid story, considering starting a Napoli save when my Arsenal game becomes repetitive. Any chance of posting your tactics and the Serie A table, just wondering if you are playing 3 at the back.

Keep up the good work, will be following!

Solid story, considering starting a Napoli save when my Arsenal game becomes repetitive. Any chance of posting your tactics and the Serie A table, just wondering if you are playing 3 at the back.

Keep up the good work, will be following!

table will be done soon and tactics will be posted at end of season :)

Napoli secure knockout stages with 3-0 victory
View attachment 233490Cavani securing victory gaining the man of the match

Napoli 3 - 0 Benfica
(Paolo Cannavaro)
(Edinson Cavani 2x)

Napoli beat Benfica 3-0 to secure their place in the last 16 of the champions league and are just waiting on other results to see their next opponent in Europe's top competition. Cavani posted on Napoli's website;

" I'm thrilled about the result, I'm always looking for new ways to impress the gaffa and the team and with interest from England and Spain it just makes me want to play better for Mr. Hutchinson and get the wins Napoli need to get into this competition next season".

Poor finishing cost napoli draw
View attachment 233496Miguel Britos the key man for Napoli

Napoli 0 - 0 Siena

Napoli's great run of late came to a halt with a goalless draw with Siena with only Miguel Britos needing recognition for his key performance in defence to stop the Siena strikeforce.

Last edited:

Table as of 30th November 2011

With Napoli top of the table in November moving into December only by 2 points but with 3 teams unbeaten this makes it more of a challenge for the Naples side. Mr Hutchinson has made this league look easy in his first job in a top league in the world and with his team in the knockout stages of the champions league and are competing against Catania its all going well for Napoli who are still in the run for a first treble and are hoping for a great second half of the season.

Last edited:
Back to winning ways
View attachment 233538Nene with the only goal of the game

Udinese 0 - 1 Napoli
(Nene)

Napoli got back to their winning ways after Nene finally got scoring in the 71st minute to secure the 3 points for the Azzuri and still leaves them top of the league.

Napoli end group stages on a high
View attachment 233544Paolo Cannavaro the Key man for Napoli tonight

Arsenal 0 - 0 Napoli

Napoli have secured the second spot in the champions league group B with Lille finishing top in their group but with Napoli still qualifying despite drawing against Arsenal. Mr Hutchinson had this to say to The Sun newspaper;

"We've deserved this since the start, our players have been in a different class this season and it's what I expect from them when a new guy shows up and they want to prove a point not only for their fans but for the neutrals that Napoli are a team to see this season"

Napoli demolish Genoa in 4-0 victory.
View attachment 233553The man of the match and the match winner

Napoli 4 - 0 Genoa
( Dossena 2x )
( Cavani 2x )

Napoli's stunning form continued with the 4-0 thrashing of Genoa because of goals from Andrea Dossena and Edinson Cavani to help secure the win with only 2 more games before the January transfer window and we are hoping to make some new signings but hopefully not lose anybody importaint.

Napoli win in unexpected encounter
View attachment 233737The man who won it for Napoli

Juventus 2 - 3 Napoli
(Claudio Marchisio, Alessandro del Piero )
( Gokhan Inler, Edinson Cavani, Marek Hamsik )

Napoli have taken their great form to Juventus stadium to outclass the Turin club with a outstanding 3-2 clash with Marek Hamsik with the pick of the goals with a 25th minute goal to give the Azzuri a 3-0 lead by half time but a comeback from Juventus saw them show Napoli their not the only team looking for the title but the victory will put a dent in their title hopes and maybe looking for a champions league place.

Back