Anyway guys, I've discovered something that works for the MC when testing my Pellegrini's 4-2-3-1 which equally works for the Trequartista tactic. It will increase the number of interceptions in the middle of the park. Will update with a tweak once i finished the Roma season soon.

Does this new pellegrini tactic you are working on have wingers?

Does this new pellegrini tactic you are working on have wingers?

No wingers. Narrow 4-2-3-1. Cos I watched Man City this season, Silva and Nasri roamed near the edge of penalty area instead of wide areas. They imposed themselves by playing one-twos and by leaving the flanks to Zaba and Kolarov to exploit. So trying to replicate that. My AFC Wimbledon after slow start now in 6th place. No signings.

When are you planning to release it?

The midfield is in CM or DM positions?

When are you planning to release it?

The midfield is in CM or DM positions?

They are in CM position. Honestly I did not like tactics that were wayward and unreal. But credit to the guys out there and most worked wonders for people here. I'm just trying to create formations that are more FM like and plug & play style. I'm not going to release it yet till I'm convinced it is above average. I created this during an online game with some random host and he rage-quited after he saw my Newcastle team thrashing teams by 3-0, 5-2, 4-1 for 3 games. I thought to myself "Wow, this narrow tactic works and let's see if it works consistently on lesser teams". Btw he was using Man Utd. LOL

And yes, I had the Complete Wing-back OP utility in the tactic as well. I think SI need to fix this role. Way to strong than normal fullback utility.

And so the 1st season of my Roma save ended. The tweak I talked about in an earlier post did not materialized or rather I did not do justice to it. I was experimenting by changing the focus of the 2 wide MCs to 'Automatic' for I felt it was really underuse by most people. It was working well for my Pellegrini's Narrow 4-2-3-1 because my gut feeling is that if you do not want to assign 'Box to Box' role to your MCs or you have no players suitable for it, you may put them as normal MCs with 'Automatic' focus to give more stability to your formation especially your tactic do not have anchor in front of your flat-back four. It somehow seem like 'Box to Box' MCs as well, but not as overly dynamic as the real one and do not require your midfielders to have high Stamina and Workrate attributes.

The Tweak Experiment

So first game after the supposed tweak was like this:

2nd Game:

In short, I sticked to my original one. I knew I should give it more time and it was only 2 games. It But I was chasing for top spot so switched back (was trailing then league leaders by Napoli 4 points as key players were out injured, leaving me with selection problems). Maybe some of you out there might change the 2 wide MCs role and give it a run for a whole season. It looked promising despite the loss to Genoa.

End of Season

I did not win the league. Incredibly, Juventus had a late surge and finished top of the league by 1 point. What's more astonishing is goals scored by them over the season, just 43 goals. My team cracked in 98 goals and still wasn't good enough to win the league. Now I truly felt Liverpool's pain. Awww...

For the player stats, Destro was top scorer with 29 goals in 35 matches. Pjanic had 18 assists for playing as the trequartista most of the time. Also not far behind in the assists chart are Maicon and the last remnant of a true trequartista natural Totti. My team bull-dozed all the way to the Italian Cup Final with Juventus proving a strong obstacle because of their immense quality I guessed. Lost 0-1.

Juventus Games

From the game highlights in my matches against Juventus, it seemed the fear of the Old Lady's wing-backs exploiting the space on my flanks are unfounded. My defense more than able to cope. How we lost was that Conte's solid philosophy of denying space in the middle and fast-counter proved the downfall of my team. It also seemed that the AI Conte used Vidal or Pogba to do intense man-marking on my Trequartista. If you imagine, something like a 'Stopper Ball-Winning Midfielder'. Pjanic or Totti just couldn't get it going in those matches.

Last edited:
neyi değiştirdin taktik ?zerinde
Yaratıcı forveti fırsat?ı golc? yapmış,yardımcı forveti ?alışkan forvet yapmış defansif oyun kurucu destek rol?n? savunma yapmış.
Tactic is looking good i will try

Nice original tactic. Though as in real life i dont like playing with no wingers in fm.

Nice original tactic. Though as in real life i dont like playing with no wingers in fm.

Agree with you bro. I realized though the Complete Wing-Back utility seemed OP, I still like the idea of old-fashion incisive wingers hugging the touchline...

So that we all can sing 'Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs running down the wing...'

It's been awhile. I've incorporated Jassar's set-pieces into the tactic.

Good luck and have fun.

ok what % match prep
Pre-season: General (Fitness Very High) & Match (Tactics Only)
Season: General (Balanced Average) & Match (Tactics Only)

Move one notch to the left on Scheduling and un-tick (Allow rest before match) for both before and during season.