The Jewel of Old Bari - An Antonio Cassano & SSC Bari Story

1609619161856.png

NIGERIA

Friendly
uruguay.png

Lineup
- Uzoho, Aina, Akpoguma, Omeruo, Sanusi (Ilori), Ndidi (Etebo), Agbo (Aribo), Chukwueze (Eze), Iheanacho, Iwobi (Onyekuru), Osimhen*

Uruguay are a class above us and although we conceded 5 (7 with them having 2 disallowed) we gave them a good match and scored 3 ourselves. Uruguay are probably better than all the other sides involved in the Nations Cup so we can still be confident. Osimhen's hat-trick means he has 40 goals in 38 caps and is now Nigeria's record goalscorer.

My own player, Ignacio Laquintana, made his international debut here for Uruguay.

--

Friendly
zambia.png

Lineup
- Uzoho, Aina (Ilori), Akpoguma, Omeruo, Sanusi, Ndidi, Agbo (Aribo), Chukwueze (Onyekuru), Iheanacho*, Iwobi (Okereke), Osimhen (Olayinka)

I expected a much bigger winning margin here but we did play well enough to score 5 or 6 in all fairness.

--

AFRICAN NATIONS CUP SQUAD

Goalkeepers
NAMECLUBAGEPOSVALUECAPSGOALS
Theophilus AFELOKHAIAl-Rayyan35GK£625,00040
George IGWEVirtus Francavilla16GK£55000
Francis UZOHOAPOEL24GK£1.3m460

Defenders
Ola AINASporting Lisbon26DRL£4.4m480
Semi AJAYIWBA29DC£7.5m110
Kevin AKPOGUMABayer Leverkusen28DC£15m90
Tiago ILORIVitoria Guimaraes30DRC£2.9m90
Kenneth OMERUOReal Betis29DRC£11m142
Zaidu SANUSIFC Porto26DL£19m310
Samsun TIJANIRB Salzburg21DC£3.9m160
William TROOST-EKONGUdinese29DC£9.5m682

Midfielders
Uche AGBOReal Betis27MC£15.75m120
Joe ARIBORangers26M/AMC£15.75m252
Samuel CHUKWUEZEVillarreal24AMR£19.25m354
Peter ETEBOStoke City27MC£450,000625
Ebere EZECrystal Palace24AMLC£24.5m21
Alex IWOBIEverton27AMRLC£35.5m6814
Wilfried NDIDILeicester City26MC£54m6513
Peter OLAYINKABrighton & Hove Albion27AML/ST£14m20
Henry ONYEKURUAS Monaco26AML£10.25m142

Forwards
Kelechi IHEANACHOLeicester City26AMC/ST£32.5m4411
David OKEREKEClub Brugge25ST£26m218
Victor OSIMHENNapoli24ST£49.5m3940

1609623439501.png

NIGERIA

Group F
mali.png

Lineup - Uzoho, Aina (Ilori), Akpoguma, Omeruo, Sanusi, Ndidi, Aribo, Chukwueze, Iheanacho (Eze), Iwobi, Osimhen (Okereke)

We kick off our tournament with a good win and a great performance. Defensively we were poor but going forward we were amazing as we created chance after chance. Okereke came off the bench to score 2 goals to seal the win and he also missed a penalty.

--

Group F
libya.png

Lineup
- Uzoho, Aina, Akpoguma (Troost-Ekong), Omeruo (Ijani), Sanusi, Ndidi, Aribo* (Agbo), Chukwueze, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Osimhen

An excellent victory as we score 6 and thrash the minnows of the group to qualify for the next stage but we could and maybe should have reached double figures as we had 51 shots on goal in the match which is quite incredible.

--

Group F
gabon.png

Lineup
- Uzoho, Ilori, Akpoguma*, Omeruo, Sanusi (Ajayi), Etebo, Aribo (Agbo), Onyekuru, Iheanacho (Olayinka), Eze, Okereke

3 wins out of 3 as we stroll the group stage. I rested a couple of players here but it didnt affect us fortunately.

--

2nd Round
cv.png

Lineup
- Uzoho, Ilori, Akpoguma, Omeruo (Tijani), Sanusi, Etebo, Aribo (Agbo), Onyekuru (Olayinka), Iheanacho*, Eze, Okereke

I dont know what the group was that Cape Verde made it through but I am glad they did as they were no match for us. It also gave me a chance to give another rest for some of my big guns and we won comfortably enough.

--

Quarter-Final
algeria.png

Lineup
- Uzoho, Akpoguma, Troost-Ekong, Omeruo (Tijani), Aina, Ndidi, Aribo (Etebo), Chukwueze*, Iwobi, Eze, Osimhen

ASTONISHING!!!!!

I dont know what the **** happened here but I am naturally delighted with it. To score 10 goals past Algeria (and we also had 1 disallowed) is incredible and surely we are now living up to our pre-tournament favourite tag. One of the best FM results I have ever had.

--

Semi-Final
ghana.png

Lineup - Uzoho, Aina*, Troost-Ekong, Omeruo, Sanisu, Ndidi (Etebo), Aribo (Agbo), Chukwueze (Onyekuru), Iwobi, Eze, Osimhen

We march into the final with this comfortable victory. It could have been a much bigger winning margin but we failed to be as prolific as we were in our last match!

--

Final
morocco.png

Lineup - Uzoho, Aina, Akpoguma, Omeruo, Sanisu (Troost-Ekong), Ndidi, Aribo, Chukwueze, Iheanacho (Eze*), Iwobi, Osimhen (Okereke)

Absolutely bonkers!!!!!

I cant begin to describe this match as it was just crazy. Just look at the scoreline and the minutes of the goals plus add in a missed penalty from Kelechi Iheanacho.

--

SUMMARY

We retain the African Nations Cup in some style. We scored an incredible 34 goals in our 7 matches including a 10-2 thrashing of Algeria plus we even managed to score 6 against Morocco in the final. Our attacking players seemed to be far too good for the other sides and even if one had an off day I had a top quality player to come in for him.

I dont think I have won the African Nations Cup before and now I have to decide whether to resign immediately or try and guide the Super Eagles to the World Cup.

1609676980914.png

PRE-SEASON POST

The summer was kinda split in two - the African Nations Cup and then recruiting players for Bari. In saying that I might not have been at Bari as Roma and Atalanta offered me the chance to be their managers (Atalanta had a whopping budget of £50m) but I have stayed loyal to Bari and look forward to moving the club forward.

In all I have spent £11m and even then my last deal was paid for by the board. The club has £40m in the bank so I think I could and probably should have had double the budget that I had but it is what it is. My highest earner is only on £36,000 a week so hopefully we will continue to earn money and build up our bank balance like we did last season.

In all I have brought in 18 players so far so I had better introduce them to you..........

--

PLAYERS OUT
out.png

The disease that is Petar Bockaj has gone and at a profit too which is rather miraculous giving how he behaved last season. All the other departures were squad fillers tbh and its a fond farewell to Marco Perrotta who has been with me since day one.

--

PLAYERS IN

Firstly my loan players. Esposito surely would have been kept by Inter Milan but no - we have got him back on loan!!!!! Plizzari and Gabbia are back too but Gaetano has not returned. As for Marco Brescianini, he was transfer listed by AC Milan and I jumped at the chance to sign him permanently for £3.5m so he is now ours!!!!!
esposito.png
plizzari.png
gabbia.png
brescianini.png

There is another return for a player who I had before - Vincenzo Millico!! I was searching for a LW and had agreed to sign Millico for £4.3m as that was his relegation release clause at Brescia. Unfortunately I couldnt afford him to complete the deal due to contracts being extended etc but fortunately my board stumped up the cash to sign him.
millico.png

My director of football in the meantime found a left winger for me and it is another Uruguayan. To join the likes of Laquintana and Polenta is Nicolas Schiappacasse. He joined from Penarol for £1.7m and he can also play on the RW, AMC and up front so hopefully he will be a good asset for us.
schiappacasse.png

With Gaetano not coming back I needed to bring in another AMC and I moved to bring in another wonderkid from Inter Milan - Gaetano Oristanio. He has come in on loan for the season but crucially we can buy him for £4.9m at any point and if he performs to his ability that will prove to be a bargain. Chelsea were after him so it was a real coup to get him.
oristiano.png

There were 3 other loan deals. Arthur Zagre came in from Man Utd and will be my new left back, Ismael Casas joined from Napoli for no wages or anything which was crazy considering they just bought him for £7m and he will be my new RB and finally Josan came in from Valencia as he was transfer listed and he will be one to keep an eye on.
zagre.png
casas.png
josan.png

3 players came in on free transfers. Ante Coric from Roma, Nicolo Armini from Man City and a regen, Kasper Holm Mahler from Copenhagen. Coric can play at CM or AMC and will be a key player for us while Armini is a CB. Holm Mahler is only 17y/o and he is in with a shout to partner Brescianini in midfield - he is that good and I think will be a world class midfielder in the future.
coric.png
armini.png
kolm mahler.png

My other signings were regens - 4 of them for around £250k. Will show them if they ever make a breakthrough.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

I have unfortunately moved back to be heavily reliant on loan signings but needs must as I have European football to deal with also. 7 loan signings in total but I fully intend to make Oristanio a permanent signing.

Regarding my first choice XI the main decision I have to make is in CM - Coric or Holm Mahler? Also on the LW I have to choose between Millico and Schiappacasse.

I will be playing Laquintana on the RW which is his favoured role after he filled in at RB last season so Manuel Marras will probably fade into the background a bit.

--

AIMS FOR THE SEASON

Qualify for Europe once again! With a 30 goal a season striker in Esposito that immediately pushes us into a top 10 position. The board just want me to avoid relegation but that is too low for me. It wont be easy though as we will have to contend with European fixtures so it is a leap into the unknown for us.

As for Europe I just want us to be competitive. I dont think we will win the Europa League but if it gives my players a chance to develop further and for us to bring in some extra money which is always a bonus.​

Loving the Bari story so far. Good luck in season 4. Which facepack/logos/kits are you using? They look great

Great work, Klippy.

I'm currently managing Schalke 04 at the minute and signed Sebastian Esposito at the very start. I have to say, he is the best player I have managed on any FM game that I've played. Unreal. Just finished the season with 45 league goals in 28 games, and 60 goals in 32 games in total. Goal machine.