Yeah. Hopefully we can get back on track in the next match because it could be the difference between going down and staying up!

Aftermath of defeat

The spokesperson says the fans are disappointed again, but I thought it was a slight improvement. Maybe its my job to cling onto the positives.
View attachment 163307
If we take a look at Monday nights five results,
View attachment 163304

All of the bottom 4 teams were beaten, leaving the table as it was with 7 games to play. The result of the night is the 6-0 thumping Longford received from Dundalk at Oriel Park.
View attachment 163301

Attention now switches to the next match against Wexford Youths in ten days time. Another away match. The news that Funston and Josh Mailey got booked means they are both suspended for the match in Wexford. Its a loss, especially because they both play the same role in midfield.
View attachment 163294
Thankfully it isn’t all bad news as the physio tells me Raymond Foy is making a timely return from injury. I think he will start in Wexford if he is anyway fit because of the two lads being suspended.
View attachment 163284

Last edited:
Arrival of my first signing.

Since we haven't scored in the past two matches and with us only managing one shot in those matches, I decided to sign Cillian Morrison on a free when the opportunity presented itself. He passed the medical with no concerns from the physios.​

The fans seem happy about his arrival already.
View attachment 163244

View attachment 163243
A tall, physically strong player that is good in the air, he seems to be better than Curran or Scully. While he is a good replacement for the retiring McHugh.
My only concern is when I look at his goal scoring record in his career so far. 10 league goals doesn't fill me with confidence but here is hoping he can start banging them in for the Harps.

View attachment 163242

Last edited:
Saturday housekeeping

This weekend we have no match on, so it’s a chance for me to do some housekeeping at the club. After training, our sub goalie requested a meeting to discuss the lack of first team opportunities he has had all season. I tell him:

View attachment 163120

Today we are hosting interviews for positions of physio and scouts at the club.

One extra physio is allowed by the board, so, from the eight applicants that applied over the last two weeks, I am looking for someone that besides possessing excellent knowledge of physiotherapy, also is a good man manager with good motivational skills.

After all candidates were interviewed and evaluated, we offered a contract to Tony McCarthy.
View attachment 163117

View attachment 163114View attachment 163112View attachment 163105
Next up is the hiring of the 3 extra scouts. I need the scouts to be specialized in one area of judging young potential, current ability, and also have a tactical expert. Of the eight that applied, the three that are pictured above were chosen.​

View attachment 163090
Head Physio Micky McGlynn told me that Gary Harkin will miss next Fridays match because of an injury he got while training. Another loss in midfield to contend with.​

Last edited:
Team selection and Media Preview for next match

Team Selection.

We expect Wexford Youths to line up with 4-4-2 formation.
View attachment 162912
So we have have decided to return to 4-4-2 for this game. The last time we played with 4-4-2, was against Galway, when we won in my first game as manager of Finn Harps. I make only 3 changes to the side that lost against Shamrock Rovers. Cillian Morrison will make his debut for the club at the expense of the unlucky Scully. Partnering him up front will be the club captain McHugh. Foy comes into a 4 man midfield, that has to make do without the suspended duo, Fulston and Mailey.

View attachment 162911
Media Preview
View attachment 162909
This match could be a season defining match for both sides. If we win we move up to 10th place and out of the relegation places.
View attachment 162901
The bookies see us as slight underdogs for the crunch match.
The headlines leading up to the game are all about the changes in my backroom team.
View attachment 162900

Reaction to Friday nights matches

View attachment 162779
In the press conference after the 0-0 draw with Wexford, I learn that the match was Ciaran Colls 175th game for Finn Harps.
View attachment 162778
At the same time Cillian Morrison was making his debut for the Harps and received a great welcome from the travelling fans in Wexford.
After taking a look at the results of the night, and seen how they affect the bottom half of the table,
View attachment 162774

View attachment 162773
we see that we have moved up one place in the league and still only one point of 10th with 6 games left.
This result has given the supporters of the club real hope that we can get out of danger
View attachment 162767

Dundalk host Bray on Sunday and we will be hoping Dundalk win that one to keep Bray in the automatic relegation spot.
View attachment 162766

Sundays Result while looking forward to next Friday night

View attachment 162731
Brays remarkable 1-1 draw with league leaders Dundalk surprises me as they jump above us in the table once again to 11th​.
View attachment 162729
Now our focus turns to next weekend, and our next match against Cork City in Finn Park on Friday night. Longford hosting Wexford Youths that night, could be significant as well but first let’s worry about doing our own job first.
View attachment 162728

View attachment 162727

According to the scouts, Cork City have been vulnerable when met with 2 up top. For this reason, I am considering an unchanged side with just a few minor tweaks in tactics.
View attachment 162726