Will1981

Reaction score
For this challenge I have added Joe Kinnear as Director of Football of Newcastle.

The Challenge is as follows:

Download Database

Take control of Newcastle

Go to Staff Responsibilities and put Joe Kinnear in charge of everything (see screenshot)

Your only job as manager will be to pick the team and tactics, Joe will be in charge of all other aspects of the club such as buying and selling players, bringing in new staff and handling contracts etc.

End of 1st Transfer Window Update

Joe had a big clearout of the squad bringing in an extra £35.5m to spend but chose to only sign the following players:

nkoulou.jpg

Nicolas Nkoulou who arrived for £20m from Marseille

250013890.jpg

Gerard Deulofeu who arrived on a season-long loan from Barcelona

This has left me with a 1st team squad of just 16 players until January as Joe chose to leave £6m in transfer budget and £170,000 in wage budget in the bank.

Great Idea, at least brings something entertaining out of the current joke of a situation at my beloved club :/ .. Nevertheless i'll give it a go, should be fun :)

I am going to give this ago for a laugh, should be interesting to see who the idiot chooses to sign lol

I decided to mix things up a little and appointed Steve Kean as Head of Youth Development as well and given him complete control over the youth side of the club

how did you set joe kinnear as dof because when i save him as dof then load fm 2013 with new game he is suddenly a>not part of newcastle's staff and b> not included in the game database which i find really wierd

how did you set joe kinnear as dof because when i save him as dof then load fm 2013 with new game he is suddenly a>not part of newcastle's staff and b> not included in the game database which i find really wierd

yep i had the same problem, its because of his heart attack in 2009 he is retired from the game, but you can change that, go to the editor and go onto non-player data, general and the last option on the tab is retirement date, and the box is ticked, simply untick it

This is a very good idea! Certaintly it puts your manager skills on a test!

Season 1 - January Transfer Window Update

With Newcastle sitting in 2nd in the league and still in both the EURO and FA cup and despite Mike Ashley increasing the transfer budget to £17.5m Joe decides to not spend a penny leaving me with my 15 man 1st team squad.

Season 1 - Results

Newcastle finished in an impressive 3rd place despite only having a 16 man 1st team squad.

Mike Ashley was delighted and rewarded Joe with a new £3m five year contract.

Joe's Season 2 - Summer Signings

nordveit-arsenal.jpg

Former Arsenal Youngster Havard Nordveit arrived for £11.75m from Gladbach

Wilfried-Zaha-Crystal-Pal-001.jpg

Wilfried Zaha arrives on a season-long loan from Man Utd

264858d1344297492-lascesa-del-rosanero-palermo-la-storia-ezequiel-munoz-citta-di-palermo-official-headshots-my64n3v-sswl.jpg

Ezequiel Munoz arrives for £10.75m from Palermo

106462.jpg

Clement Chantome arrives on a season-long loan from PSG.

I have no idea why, but this isn't working for me. I set Joe Kinnear to handling everything in the Staff Responsibilities, but transfers are still coming to me which is weird because in other games I've had no such problems. Any clue?

Im starting to get abit worried there is 1 week left in the first transfer window and he hasn't tried to sing anyone. All he has done is sign staff members and finalise sales

January Transfer Window - Season 2 Update

With Newcastle flying high in the league and still in all the cups Joe chose to only sign the following two players in January.

tumblr_lbzbz5olam1qd18dc.jpg

Barcelona wonderkid Sergi Roberto arrives on loan until the end of the season and Italian wonderkid (Regen) Nicolas Gnecchi joins for £2.6m from Inter.

Season 2 - Results

Newcastle won a sensational treble winning the Premier League, Capital One Cup and Champions League.