The journey of a Rotherham born and bread

• Thread starter Thread starter emoasyou
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 5K
After the match I found out that an injury that Terris suffered would keep him out for 3 weeks a disappointing lose seeming he is a new player and also our first choice captain hopefully the replacement will come in and do a good job

Last edited:
After a full month of fitness training for the pre-season the team seem pleased to get back to normal training with positional, attacking and defending drills. The players know that they will benefit in the long run from the training though. The pre-season as been hard and gruelling and im happy to say it wasn’t as bad as it could have been and a few performances were of the highest quality, the narrow lose to Gillingham topping the list as the team should courage to come back when they seemed down and out. Also the demolition of Thurrock was pleasing because we controlled the game completely.
I think in all were in a good position come the end of pre-season more so then anything because we have played many players and they all have good stamina levels and also the squad as great strength in depth.

With the season ahead my first in football management im proud and honoured to be alongside players with so much passion and grit determination it’s such a great feeling.

As pre-season as winded down I decide it’s time to do some wine and dining my fiancé and I decided to go for a big meal to celebrate the new job. Not spent much of my money so most of that as been saved for the wedding. Charlotte just won’t shut up about it. Can be annoying at times but its great to see she’s so excited about it.

After a nice meal me and Charlotte head off home.

Me: Oh exhausted I am. Been such a long and gruelling month.

Charlotte: Yeah you look it babes.

Me: Well im off to be babes busy week ahead non stop training until the big day.

Charlotte: I’m so proud of you Mark, hope this is all you hope it to be.

Me: Thanks babes the fact your proud means it already is.

Last edited:
6th​ of August 2011

Today is the first day of the season I am really looking forward to the season and its finally on the way.

Press release

Press Man: Mr Dimbleby today you start your career as a blue square north team manger how do you feel.

Me: I feel great the pre-season as gone well for my boys and Im positive we wil make a good start. I think the players know whats expected of them and are fully capable of a successful season.

Press Man: Wil your team miss the likes of Shulton, Haines and Terris today.
Me: in an ideal world all 3 of these players would have started today but with all of them out injured it give other players a chance the like of Craig and Artemi. I believe we have plenty of strength in depth at this club and so we will be able to fight even with an injury crisis.
Press Man: Do you think with your lack of experience you could struggle cope with the pressure of football management?

Me: Well to be fair I think this is a ludicrous claim, I wouldn’t be here today if I wasn’t confident in my abilities and able to cope with the pressure. I fell what I don’t have in experience I more than make up for with passion and determination.

Me: That will be all thank you for your time.

Here we are about to step out on the pitch for the biggest match of my life my first league game. Im confident and ready to go and so are the players.

Me: Today guys, I want you to go out there and play your game control the ball in the middle of the pitch restrict them to playing a scrap in the middle with ourselves and go at them from the first whistle good luck.

The stalybridge game was tough and both teams battled hard to what looked to be a draw until the 80th​ minuete were a fluke cross come goal was scored devastating to lose like that. The team fought hard and played admirably and had 2 corners headed towards goal but cleared of the line. We had more possession and at times really dominated the game. But Stalybridge had luck on their side and through dogged defensive display they held on to their narrowest of wins. Not the start I had hoped for but the team weren’t too bad and im convinced they will find the net in the coming games.

View attachment 265870

With only 3 days to go unitll the next league game not much time to dwell on this resut back to training hard and pushing the players to the limits of their abilities im sure the team as what it takes to get this team were it should be stil hoping to be in the blue square prem within 2 to 3 years the youngster’s have the potential to do it.

Next up Nuneaton away.

I can already feel the pressure the fans saying the football being played isn't very entertaining i think the first thing comes first getting points on the table then well try and make it more entertaining

Last edited:
With the Nuneaton game a few hours away I look at my team selection I have wrote down looks a good lineup thankfully Haines is back from injury and should get back in the team soon

View attachment 265872

The game as been very close for upto the 20 minuete mark both teams pushing on and using posseision of the ball wisely been poor so far though as not many chances on goal and most of the possession coming from the middle of the field.

On 32 mins Prestedge hits it from 30 yards out fumbled by the goal keeper gayle bears down on the keeper. Slid into the net by Hadland own goal.

36 mins 4 mins later a great passing move. Abhulhai out wide to Dunbar who came on for the injured stewart. Inside to Prestedge lays off out wide to the right to Gayle slips into the close bottom hand corner.

2-0 to Bishop’s Stortford at half time and its all Bishop’s way

Me: Guys this is amazing great football just continue nothing else to say brilliant stuff.

Second half on the way, Johnson subbed for ives.

Pretsedge corner on 54 mins headed in by Andersen its as good as over now.

Gayle on the right wing runs down the length of the pitch great run ball crossed in at pace to the middle of the area BANG GOAL ! PRESTEDGE with the header hes been a revelation this second half some one really said something to him at half time.

Nuneaton pull one back a beautifully placed shot.

A great performance with prestedge running out MOM with 2 assits and a goal.

Me: WOW that was something specia guys well done today really pleased you came out and pulled that kind of performance off after we should have been way in front before Stalybridge scored in the last game this was a pleasure to watch.

View attachment 265887

Last edited:
The next game is against Halifax town a team my team could struggle against. But a home fixture does work in our favour with the game being a few days away I will look at making some changes to the lineup to keep everyone fit.

n a slow and timid affair nothing of note happened until the 26th​ minuete when Halifax broke threw and forced a corner and scoring from it.

Matt Johnson went off injured just before half time to make matters even worse.

After a terribe first half Halifax go in at half time 1-0 up this can only get better we all hope.

Me: So yeah guys your mum’s want to know who taught you how to play football because they thought they were watching a team of rejects taught by your Nan’s that was ******* terrible get your **** acts together. I want to see an improvement and I better.

Finally a break through as gayle runs after a long ball forwad by Dunbar the keeper cant get to it and gayle drbbles past him and shoots from distance into an empty net on 90 minuets.

Me: That was simply terrible if I wanted to show my kids in the future how not to play football that right there would be it both sides were shocking and if you ever play like that again I’ll be docking you all a weeks wages terrible. No more of that thank you.

View attachment 265902

Last edited:
Any one reading this ? if not im going to end it as its too time consuming

Yeah looks like there is enough quality in the team but they just keep getting undone by either a **** fluke or poor defensive error

That is a major frustration of this game, i,m findung that no matter how many CCC's i create i can't put them away. They get one attack and score, it sucks ****

Back