Reaction score
21/02/2016

Francesco Totti left out of Roma squad; the end of an era?

View attachment 174745
Many have been left wondering about Totti's future at his club AS Roma after a clash with manager Luciano Spalletti. The forward had mentioned in an interview that he thought he should be treated better by the club and the manager which led to him not being selected as part of the team that'll face Parma later this weekend. Is this the end for the man who's been at Roma for the past 18 years.
The current Roma captain has represented the club just under 595 times with 593 appearances, scoring 244 times in the process.
Are Roma ready to let go of their Golden Boy? That seems liek a very tough question to answer and the fans will without a doubt do everything they can to keep Totti at the club for a bit more time before an eventual retirement. At 39 years of age, Totti has been injured over and over again and has just come back from a biceps muscle injury which kept him out for a little over three months. Manager Luciano Spalletti clearly did not want to risk playing the forward to not injure him again but Totti is not happy with how he is treated by the club and seems to have all of Roma's fans behind him. More info on this situation coming soon.

26/02/2016
View attachment 174729

Francesco Totti retires!

View attachment 174730

The man, the myth, the legend. Francesco Totti. No words can describe the career that he's had, what he's won and what he's achieved with Roma where he stayed his entire career. A couple of days after a conflict with Roma manager Luciano Spalletti, Totti decided to call it a day.
Spalletti is yet to comment on Totti's retirement but it'll definitely have a huge impact on the Roma fans who will be incredibly disappointed and sad to see their legendary captain leave the club. The player himself, who posted a message this morning on Twitter to announce his retirement, has declined any further comments but did drop a hint about his future in the message he sent the fans:

"All I can say is that I am sorry. I never wanted to leave the club but the conditions that I have to live in and play in now are just too much for me. After all I've given for this club, I feel like now's the best time to leave and announce that I'm hanging up my boots. Throughout my entire career I've always promised to never play for another club which is why I decided to retire. This decision was mine to take and it was not influenced by any of my teammates or fans. For now I need some time to just think by myself about what my future will hold but I will forever be part of this club and that is all thanks to you who have supported me for so long. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Roma has been my city, my family, my club, my life ever since I was born and I'm ready to bet that I will come back one day. As an ambassador, a manager, who knows? I have ambition, I want to come back to this stadium and hear the fans roar during the Roma derbies or the games against Juventus. All I know now is that I need a break from it all but soon I will be back better than ever."

Emotional goodbyes from the captain who's truly been one of the greatest footballers to ever play in Italy, even in the world.
We will miss you Francesco, thank you for everything.

Last edited:
12/08/2016

I've been spending some time with my wife to just get away from all the pressure that was put on me after I announced my retirement back in February. I've been asked a lot of questions about it but I never really wanted to talk about it. We went to Greece and Sicily between June and August and it's been great. The beaches, the sun, the sea. It's really helped me think about what I want to do now. Should I move somewhere and try to play again? No, I'd be breaking a promise and betraying all the fans who supported me so much throughout my career. I thought about it for a long time and I've realised that now is a great time for me to manage my own team. Bring them to glory, achieve a lot of things with that team. I know I'm capable of loyalty, I love football and I just want to stay in that world for a couple of years. I never wanted to leave Roma. Having to say goodbye to all the staff members and everyone at the stadium was the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. For almost 20 years I stayed in that stadium, it became my home.
After days and weeks of deep thinking, I've made my decision. I'm going to become a manager; I've got the reputation for it, the knowledge of the game and the passion for it. I'm eager to show Spalletti what he missed by just letting me go and I can't wait to face him as manager against manager sometime soon. For now, though, I'm going back to Rome and officially making myself available as a manager.

14/08/2016
View attachment 174704

Totti spotted back in Rome with his wife after rumours of return to football as manager

View attachment 174703

The Roma legend had been away from his hometown for a couple of months following his retirement back in February but has been spotted back in Rome for his son's football game against a local team. He was accompanied by his wife who didn't seem too bothered to be spotted by some paparazzi during half time. Earlier this month some rumours started going around about Totti potentially becoming a manager and it seems as if those rumours were confirmed as he wrote on his Twitter account today that he had completed his coaching licences and was now looking for a club to manage. It is rumoured that he wants to stay in Italy in order to not get homesick and be able to stay with his family as often as possible. Will a club approach the man who so abruptly ended his playing career? We'll have to find out in the next couple of weeks/months.

04/12/2016
View attachment 174668
Francesco Totti takes Internazionale hot seat

View attachment 174667

About 4 months after Totti's decision to become a manager, the Italian legend has taken over at one of the San Siro clubs: Football Club Internazionale Milano. This might be seen as a surprise to a lot of fans as his first club seems to be arguably one of the bigger clubs in Italy but with the experience he's had as a player in the Serie A, there are no reasons to believe he won't succeed in Milan. Totti's first game will come against Napoli in 6 days and with Inter currently sitting in 16th place in the league, he'll have to find a way to change the way the Milan-based club plays in order to get them a couple of wins in the next month or so. Some players were asked about Totti's appointment during their last practice and most of them seemed very excited to work under such an icon of Italian football, as described perfectly by Inter captain Mauro Icardi:

"We're all really excited. I definitely think I'm talking for all the boys in the team and even though it was quite unexpected we're just really happy that we're going to get to work under such an incredible man. It's important for us to keep our heads up as we're sitting quite low on the table but we're all very confident that Francesco can really take us to the next level and get us right up there in the league table at the end of the season."

Inter have also qualified for the next round of the Europa and are waiting on the TIM Cup first round game later this month which means that Totti still has the chance to win a lot of things before the end of the season. Most Inter fans who were asked about their new manager were all as excited as the players and it seems as if Totti can only get off to a good start here in Milan.

04/12/2016

View attachment 174660
I've dreamt of this moment since August. Finally a club, Finally a new place to start fresh. Roma will forever be in my heart as a player, I'll always love that club. But now's the start of a new life for me. A life as a manager. Inter could not be a better place to start and I think I'll have an amazing time here in Milan. It's a bit inconvenient for my family because they didn't want to move away from Rome so they decided to stay but other than that I'm really excited about the next couple of weeks and months. I've got a terrific squad available to me and I can't wait for the first game next week. Ultimately my goal is to one day manage the club that I love so much, AS Roma but for now I'm at Inter and I'm so eager to show everyone what I can do off the pitch.

View attachment 174655
This is what I'm rocking with right now. An asymmetrical 4-1-2-1-2 with a couple of fantastic players. There are some players I was surprised to see in this team when I arrived but that was just another positive aspect of me coming here. I need to get on with training to get these boys familiar with the tactic and hopefully get a good result against Napoli in a few days. Let's see how everything plans out now.

10/12/2016

View attachment 174545
All square at San Paolo for Totti's managerial debut

View attachment 174537
View attachment 174534

A fantastic performance all round. Napoli were second in the league and we had a lot of pressure from the fans to try and get something from this away game. Dominated possession and chances and managed to come back after going 1-0 down 30 minutes into the game. Glik was absolutely superb at the back and is definitely going to keep his place in the team even after Miranda comes back from injury. Great stuff from the boys and I can't wait for our next game.

15/12/2016

View attachment 174529

Inter in control despite finishing the game with 10 men

View attachment 174528
View attachment 174527
A good win in the first round. We took some time to finally get the goal and I got a bit worried after the red card but we completely controlled the game. Two disallowed goals in the first half were enough to get us fired up for the second half and we got the win, it's all that matters. I'm looking forward to our next game against Sampdoria now but also the second round game against Atalanta, our rivals. It'll be a great game. Proud of the team for another great result for us.

16/12/2016

View attachment 1026557
We finally get to know who we'll face in the next round of the Europa League. I definitely think that we have a great chance of winning it as we're one of the strongest teams left in the competition and I was now just left wondering who we'd face in the next round.

View attachment 174531
Villareal uh? Currently 4th in La Liga, we'll definitely have to be careful about them. They're a very strong side but so are we and we both deserve to be in this stage of the competition. The draw for the second knockout round is starting now, let's see who we could get if we went through.

View attachment 174530
Ajax or Napoli. A team that used to be the greatest in Europe or one of the strongest teams in Italy. Both teams will be extremely tough to beat if we went past Villareal but I'm confident. For now let's just focus on our upcoming games in the Serie A.

Great story and layout! Best of luck Mr Totti :p

01/02/2017
January review

View attachment 174511

January turned out to be quite a good month for us. With Marco Asensio coming in for
14 million euros and Jovetic signing permanently with the club, we made some great progress and signed some players who'll definitely help us for the remainder of the season and in years to come. Results wise, we're yet to lose a game and despite some performances being less convincing than others, we've done well and have managed to shoot right up the table. Since I've taken over, we've moved from 16th in the league to 6th, just 1 point off the European spots for next season.

View attachment 174491
Our next 4 games in the Serie A see us go against 2 of the top 5 teams so far and those will be crucial games especially given that they won't be too long before our Europa League first knockout round fixture against Villareal. Our strikeforce is finally starting to bang them in and we're looking good.

Our performance of the month has definitely been the TIM Cup
quarter final victory against Atalanta away from home.

View attachment 174487
Man of the match rightly went to Icardi who scored two goals in that game and exemplified our goalscoring prowess this month. Looking forward to our fixtures in February now:

View attachment 174481
I've been really happy here at Inter since I arrived and to be honest the managerial life is so exciting. Making your players play your way and end up getting fantastic results because of the way we played is so rewarding. The biggest games we'll have this month are for sure the two against Villareal for the team but personally, the game against Roma is the one I've been waiting for; to get one back over Spalletti for not treating me right, to see my old teammates again but also to get one back over the board at Roma who just didn't really support me last year. It will be a very emotional game for me and I just hope I can cope with that and still get the team to come away with a result.

21/02/2017

View attachment 174247

Inter enjoying unbeaten streak under Totti

View attachment 174248

Francesco Totti has enjoyed a terrific start to his managerial career at Inter after leading I Nerazzurri to a 14 games unbeaten streak. The Milan-based team, who are now through to the second knockout round of the Europa League after defeating Villareal 5-2 on aggregate, have enjoyed 10 wins and 4 draws from those 14 games and have climbed so high up the table that they can now compete for European football next season. Totti will definitely have Davide Santon to thank after the Italian right back has put him some fantastic performances week in week out.

Internazionale - AS Roma, Totti's biggest challenge yet

View attachment 174245
The man who left Roma last year finally faces them in a Serie A match that should be nothing short of emotional. Roma, currently 2nd in the league, will go against an Inter roaring to get up the table into the Champions League places for next season but also missing key-man and captain Mauro Icardi who's out for another 2 to 3 weeks due to injury. Looking at Inter's victory against Villareal in the second leg of the first knockout round of the Europa League, Roma should be quite worried about the recent impressive performances from Totti's side;

View attachment 174243
Davide Santon will be the man to watch for Inter down the right-hand side whereas Alessandro Florenzi will definitely be Roma's key player in a very important match for Spalletti's side. Of course, this encounter will also see Totti face Spalletti in a very heated match.

View attachment 174241

22/02/2017

View attachment 174137
Inter Milan - AS Roma live commentary

View attachment 174136Hello and welcome to our live commentary of the Inter Milan - AS Roma clash here at the San Siro;

View attachment 174135Here are our lineups for tonight; Inter rocking their usual 4-1-2-1-2 and Roma going with a 4-2-3-1 approach.
Both managers will probably have quite different team talks before the game but it should be a great one.

INTER KICK OFF - 1'

7' And the first booking of the game comes for Andrea Ranocchia starting today instead of Miranda who's out suspended, yellow card

13'
First actual offensive of the game with Inter getting a throw down the right-hand side; Santon throws it to Icardi who finds Felipe Melo in the box, the Brazilian can't do anything with it and sees Santon down the line and gives it back to him; straight one-two between them as Santon sends Melo a great through ball in the box; Melo cuts inside from the right side and switches onto his left and hits one and the goalkeeper Kivrak can't get to it and it's a GOAL FOR INTER MILAN!!! 1-0 FOR THE HOSTS HERE AT SAN SIRO THE CROWD IS GOING WILD

INTER 1-0 AS ROMA - 13'

View attachment 174132

14'
CHANCE as Roma attack straight from the kick-off and Achraf Lazaar gets an absolutely incredible cross in from the left side of the pitch and Pjanić heads it on Handanović's post! What a great opportunity for Roma to get back in the game straight away!

23' Icardi gets tackled in Roma's half and appeals for a foul but the ref is having none of it; Roma launches a counter-attack from the midfield and Pjanic gives the ball to Dzeko who sees Salah alone in the middle, the Egyptian puts in a great through ball down the right to Torosidis with the first time cross and finds Florenzi who hits it and that's a GOAL TO AS ROMA!!! What a cross from Torosidis and what a finish from the Italian right back who blasts it past Handanovic! What a game!

INTER 1-1 AS ROMA - 23'

View attachment 174131

45' Offside for Roma as Ljajic hits the ball on the post but was behind Inter's last defender; almost a great chance for the away side

45+1' CHANCE for Inter who straight from the offside call launch a counter-attack with Santon switching the ball to Nagatomo on the left who finds Mkhitaryan; the Armenian playmaker finds Jovetić who puts a great through-ball to Icardi, surprisingly starting the game after he was out for a month due to injury, who can't put it past Kivrak and it goes out for a corner

HALF TIME: INTER 1-1 AS ROMA

View attachment 174130
AS ROMA KICK OFF - 45'

55'
Couple of chances from both sides but so far still no major opportunities and both teams are cancelling each other out extremely well

59' Throw in for Inter on the left side with Nagatomo throwing it straight to Icardi; Inter's captain can't go past the defenders and sees a whole in the defense to find Felipe Melo who hits it first time and that's another GOAL FOR INTER MILAN!!! A brace from the Brazilian defensive midfielder! who saw that coming? Fantastic play from Inter who are definitely taking their chances and deservedly go back in front in this game!

INTER 2-1 AS ROMA - 59'

View attachment 174129

71'
Two substitutions for Inter as Jovetić comes off for Éder and Giuliano comes off for Marco Asensio

74' Corner for Inter as Asensio whips the ball in but it's cleared by the Roma defense; Brozovic gets it straight back inside the box and passes it to Mkhitaryan at the edge of the box who instead of shooting passes it right next to the goal to Éder; Kivrak is completely lost and the Italian striker hits one and scores! ANOTHER GOAL FOR INTER!!! 3-1!!! What an incredible game and Inter are running away with it now! Fantastic play once again and the striker makes a difference just 3 minutes after coming on!

INTER 3-1 AS ROMA - 74'

View attachment 174128

82'
Just 8 minutes left in this game and as of right now Juventus are beating AC Milan and Bologna are leading against Napoli which means that Inter go all the way up to 4th place in the Serie A, level on points with arch rivals AC Miland who are currently sitting in 3rd.

89' Final couple of minutes here at the San Siro and as Roma launch an attack the referee blows for a foul after a bad challenge from Felipe Melo. The man who scored two goals tonight is already on a yellow and could see himself getting sent off and he does! What a shame; it wasn't a good challenge and he could have definitely avoided that. Inter will now play with 10 men for the next 2 or 3 minutes but it shouldn't change the outcome of the game

90+2' And that's it! The referee blows for full time and the game is over! 3-1 win for Inter who have now really showed everyone that they can be considered genuine contenders for Champions League places! Totti will be quite happy about getting one over his former manager Luciano Spalletti and will definitely have a performance to base his next couple of games on with that game. Great stuff from Inter who never looked too nervous or worried about the outcome of the game, continuously passed the ball around very well and kept most of the possession which paid off in the second half for them. Roma, on the other hand, will want to move on from this game as they probably would have wanted to do a little bit better but they stay in second right behind Juventus who secured a 2-0 win at home against AC Milan. Thank you for staying with us tonight during this fantastic game, we hope to see you soon and until next time, this has been Forza Italian Football, goodbye!

View attachment 174127

Last edited:
01/03/2017

What another great month for us. Still unbeaten. And what a victory against Roma at home! We've climbed all the way back to 3rd in the Serie A just behind the team that made me who I am today. We had a couple of disappointing results, more specifically the games against Cagliari and Fiorentina but with the next couple of games in March, we've really got a great chance of showing everyone that we are strong title contenders or at least contenders for second place. Mauro Icardi was still absolutely fantastic throughout the month and despite getting injured he came back better than ever. Brozovic really stepped up too after he asked me to give him some more playing time. We should all be extremely proud of the team and to be honest I couldn't dream of a better managerial career so far.
The big test next month though will definitely be the games against Napoli in the Europa League; they're by far one of the better teams left in the competition and as our rivals I can only get the boys to win this tie for the fans.

View attachment 173879
Napoli was my first ever game as a manager and now it will be my most important one to date. The game against Roma was my most emotional one for sure but this game against Napoli is not only important for me but important for the fans and the club. Winning this tie would mean that we go into the quarter-finals of the Europa League, a competition that this club hasn't one in what, 20 years? What an achievement it would be to win it. I have a lot of things to think about now, how to deal with my squad ahead of our heavy schedule, how to make all the players happy, how to get the right results. It'll be a lot of work but it's what I signed up for when I decided to become a manager. Let's bring back Inter to where they were 7 years ago shall we?

View attachment 173877

09/03/2017

View attachment 173851

After a first leg that saw Inter give away a 2-0 lead to end the game 2-2, Totti's side perfectly responded to a disappointing collapse by destroying Napoli's defence away from home which sees them through to the next round of the Europa League. Henrikh Mkhitaryan was the man of the match after scoring two goals in Inter's 4-0 victory which remains their most impressive display since the start of the season. After a very impressive 5-1 win against Hellas Verona in the league, Inter continue their fine form and stay unbeaten, taking their streak to 19 games. The 4-0 scoreline might seem a bit harsh on Napoli who had a couple of good chances but never really took them and ended up conceding 3 goals in the last 10 minutes of the game after Greek centre-back Kostas Manolas was sent off. Totti will now have to wait on the draw which will happen in 4 days where Inter could be matched up against any of the following teams: Liverpool, Lille, Udinese, Hoffenheim, Zenit, Everton or Fenerbahçe. Of course, the draw will also reveal who those teams could play in their semi-final matches, were they to qualify. No matter what happens all the remaining teams are all very strong teams and the matches are very promising.

13/03/2017

View attachment 173846
View attachment 173844

What an interesting draw we had here! Inter will face Liverpool whilst Udinese were matched up against Hoffenheim, who knocked out AC Milan in the last round, Everton against Zenit and Fenerbahçe against Lille. A couple of fantastic games lined up for these quarter-finals which should keep us on our feet once again in this amazing competition. Personally, the Inter-Liverpool game seems like it will be the most entertaining; two fallen giants face each other in the second best competition in Europe where they're not used to playing since they used to be in the Champions League. The Reds are currently 6th in the Premier League and will definitely have something to prove to their fans when the time comes to face the current 3rd place in the Serie A who have been excellent since Totti's arrival a couple of months ago.

View attachment 173834

22/03/2017

View attachment 173741
Inter take huge step towards TIM Cup final after dominant win over Lazio

View attachment 173739
View attachment 173738
What a great win! I was feeling very nervous about this game, I know how strong Lazio can be; but we handled them perfectly well; more than handled them in fact we absolutely destroyed them. It gives me hope for the second leg especially having that 3 goal cushion when we go to the Olimpico. Jeez that'll be emotional; going back to the stadium that housed me for so long even if it won't be against AS Roma will be incredible. Hopefully the occasion doesn't get to me and the team performs well in the second leg. The good thing about it is that it's not too far away from this game. Just one away game against Bologna and we come back again with an even better chance of reaching the final of the TIM Cup. As of right now it seems like we'll be facing Fiorentina. Hmmm. That'll be interesting. In the meantime, Inter hasn't won this competition since the treble in 2010/2011 so I really hope the occasion doesn't get to the players and we perform as well as we did today.

View attachment 173731

Great unbeaten month there! Be interesting to see how you do against Liverpool

01/04/2017

View attachment 173576
First defeat for Totti as Inter concede late

View attachment 173574

View attachment 173575

Terrible. Just terrible. An awful way to lose; this game was extremely even and a draw would have been the fairest result but I'll give credit to Bologna, they fought till the very end and managed to grab a goal late on. It's disappointing for sure and sets us back as we fight for second place with Roma but we need to get our heads back up for the second leg of the TIM Cup semi-final against Lazio. I told the guys at the end of the game that I was obviously not happy about the result but that it could have gone either way and we could have scored that late goal too if we had stayed focus towards the end of the game. I don't know if I said the right thing, I guess I'll see that in the next game but I didn't expect my first loss as a manager to come from a game like this. I knew how it felt to lose as a player but as manager I feel like the responsibility is so enormous that your team losing is probably even worst that being one of the players who lost. I felt awful after going back home at the end of the game and honestly the whole team was down on the flight back to Milan. I don't really know what to say I'm not sure how I'm feeling right now and I just feel confused. Having been unbeaten for about 20 games and then losing just like that a game that could have gone either way; looking at it now it was a very tough match and they got away with the better end but we could have gotten that win and I hope the players know that and stay focused against Lazio.

05/04/2017

View attachment 173447
Inter lose to Lazio but go through to final on aggregate

View attachment 173445

View attachment 173446

This result was disappointing but we qualify for the final on aggregate and that's more than I could have asked for. I was so happy when Ivan scored the goal that I just knew would get us there. The players deserve this so much and I'm incredibly happy for them and I'm incredibly happy as a manager myself. My first final ever as a manager! We will face Fiorentina in that game which I know will be incredibly tough; last time we played them we drew 1-1 and they pretty much outplayed us so even though we might be favourite when the final comes I know for a fact we will have to stay focused throughout. We had some disappointing performances today for sure but the players who didn't do too well know who they are and they know what they have to do come next game to impress me. Funnily enough, we're playing Lazio again but this time in the league where they've been struggling a little bit. They'll be on a high after beating us 3-1 and I think that's a good thing for us. They'll get complacent and think that because they beat us today they'll be able to do it again next week but you know what? I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve and I know what to do to shake things up and ensure victory. Now that we are back in the top 3, which is where Inter deserves to be, we have to take every match seriously and do as well as we can when the opportunities come. A top 3 finish would be incredible for this club it'll be the club's best season since 2010 and we would qualify for the Champions League, which would just be absolutely incredible. Until then, I've got a lot to think about as we prepare to face Lazio once again.

View attachment 173443

Last edited:
12/04/2017

View attachment 173439
Inter face Liverpool in promising encounter

View attachment 173438
Tomorrow will see Inter battle it out with Liverpool at home for the first leg of the Europa League quarter-finals in a game that should be the most entertaining of the evening. Inter have been in superb form as of late and climbed the table from 16th in late November to now 3rd in the Serie A whilst Liverpool sit in 6th place in the Premier League. With a point to prove, Klopp's Reds will definitely want to play well away from home to try and secure a place in the semi-finals.
Looking at both teams' last games before the tie, it seems as if Inter hold the better end. Indeed, they've just qualified for the TIM Cup final last week and earlier this week won 4-1 in the league against Lazio in a game that definitely made up for their 3-1 loss in the second leg of the semi-final of the TIM Cup.

View attachment 173437
Mauro Icardi is definitely a man on form for I Nerazzurri and Liverpool will need to look out for the Icardi-Jovetic partnership who have been defences' nightmares in the past couple of months.

Liverpool, on the other hand, suffered a 2-1 loss to Manchester City in their last game away from home and will have to face the Italian side without the likes of Martin Skrtel, Andre Ayew and Daniel Sturridge all out injured.

View attachment 173436
This game will also see both Philippe Coutinho and Geoffroy Kondogbia come back at the San Siro for the first time since their departures from the club in 2012 and 2016 respectively.
A lot of pundits are predicting a very close game and with Inter playing at home, we'll probably see the Italian side pushing for a victory even though might just try and upset the odds and grab the win at San Siro before trying to wrap it up at Anfield.

13/04/2017

Pre-match press conference

View attachment 173427

R: So Francesco, this really is your first big test against a strong European side, do you think you can handle it?

Totti: I'm always ready to play those big games I mean I did it as a player and I don't see why my opinion about them would change now. All the players are raring to go and so am I and it'll be a great match.
R: Do you feel that with the added weight of your expectations the players might not perform as well as they could?

Totti: I don't feel like that's an assumption that should even be made. My players showed week in week out that they can handle that kind of pressure and that they can and even outperform the expectations that I set them and the fans set them. When we lost that game against Lazio in the second leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final they responded perfectly well by winning 4-1 at home the next game so I'm not worried.

R: Who do you think will be Liverpool's most dangerous player in this tie?

Totti: Their whole squad is a threat. Looking at their previous game against Manchester City they played a very good team but if there's one player that really stands out to me I'd have to say it's Coutinho. He knows the club, he knows the fans, he knows the atmosphere and he's an incredibly talented player. We'll have to see how we can handle him but he's definitely a very good player who we will keep an eye out for.

R: Francesco, thank you so much for answering our questions and best of luck for today, we hope we'll be able to catch you after the game!

14/04/2017

View attachment 173413

Inter power past Liverpool in thrilling encounter

View attachment 173411
View attachment 173410
Is the old Inter back? Everyone expected a very close game but it turned out to be more one-sided than I even initially thought! 3-1 what a result! Jovetić was absolutely incredible getting two assists and one goal; the fans were cheering us on like never before and it was just an absolutely incredible game. Everything went according to plan and I couldn't be happier! What a moment. They scored an away goal which isn't great but our 3 goals give us every chance of going through to the next round and play against either Lille of Fenerbahçe. What a game I still can't believe that we've just beat Liverpool like this. Henrikh just keeps getting better and better as well and I knew he was a good player but I didn't think he'd step up and be that incredible. Mauro though, he frustrates me. Throughout the whole game, he does nothing and I want to give Éder a chance to replace him but then in the last minute he decides to turn into Pirlo and make an absolutely incredible assist for Stevan. Anyways, I'm not going to take this lead for granted for sure, we can't risk another scare like against Lazio in the TIM Cup. Up next we've got Juventus for one of my toughest games ever as a manager and I really hope we can get a result that the fans will be proud of.

17/04/2017

View attachment 1027762

Juventus coast past Inter and win Serie A

View attachment 173397
View attachment 173396

Congratulations to Juventus, they were always the favourites to retain the Serie A and they've done just that. As of our performance, I've got absolutely nothing to say. I didn't even tell my players anything after the game; abysmal. Absolutely awful performance and even though Juventus are a very strong side, we should and could have done so much better. I'm extremely disappointed but hope that the players will get their heads back in it before we travel to Anfield in 4 days. I never thought we were title contenders, from the moment I took over at this club. Juventus are just too strong at the moment and were already gaining momentum when I arrived so it was impossible to catch them. Now, it's between us and Roma for second place and I want that second place I want to show Spalletti that he was wrong to let me go.

Last edited: