The Kit Making Pen Tool Challenge - FINAL ROUND

Which are your favourite 4 kits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradyo

Reaction score
The Kit Making Pen Tool Challenge - FINAL ROUND - POLL CLOSED: WINNER ANNOUNCED!

So, here we are, at the FINAL ROUND of the Pen tool challenge.

The two players vying for the title of being one of the best kit makers on Fm-base are:

1.Ryanhobbs
2.Mike

I asked them to design a kit for the following:

World Club Cup Winners
European Super Cup Winners
European Cup (Champions League) Winners
EUFA Cup (Europa League) Winners

They could choose to design either the home, away, or third kit for any club who is involved in the themes, for example I might decide to do:

Corinthians - Home
Barcelona - Third
Real Madrid - Home
Valencia - Away

The kits I have received for the final are extremely strong, and have made me decide on a unique way of voting, just for this final.

Voters will have a multiple choice vote on which 4 kits they like the best. That means you can vote 2 of Ryanhobbs' and 2 of Mike's. I will then tally up the total number of votes for each players' kits, and whoever receives the highest overall score will win.

So, without further ado, here are the kits:

WORLD CLUB CUP WINNERS

Mike:

"Manchester United [home kit]. They won it in 2008."

finalunitedhome.png

Ryanhobbs:

"I have actually produced a very understated style in this design, I am always trying to be flamboyant in my designs, but I felt here that the classic red and black strpes, with the White trim were sufficient enough to be striking!!, just to clarify, I again made this kit from a blank, I created everything with the pen tool, apart from the collar"

c4ba920c.jpg

EUROPEAN SUPER CUP WINNERS

Mike:

"Zenit St. Petersburg [away kit]. Won also in 2008."

finalzenitaway.png

Ryanhobbs:

" tried to inject some passion and vibrance into the historically subdued composition of sevilla shirts, I have focused on the red and black signiture colours, but also kept it relative to the black star brand, with some small but significant brand related design features"

6b5392d2.jpg

EUROPEAN CUP (CHAMPIONS LEAGUE) WINNERS

Mike:

"Ajax [home kit]. Won four times, the last in 1995."

finalajaxhome.png

Ryanhobbs:

"I chose to honour my club, Aston villa, I have designed a contemporay expression of the away shirt we wore that night in Rotterdam. I have given the pin stripe claret feature a seem border, and I really like the shirt."

c7422ba3.jpg

EUFA CUP (EUROPA LEAGUE) WINNERS

Mike:

"Ipswich Town [third kit]. Surprise choice here, won once in 1981."

finalipswichthird.png

Ryanhobbs:

" I have gone back to a fairly flamboyant arrangement here, the classic White and black Valencia colours are complimented by the vivid orange which has become significant in the recent Valencia kits, I have gone for a very original design and I am pleased with the overall kit"

a11c439e.jpg

So, that's all the kits for the final, and the whole competition for that matter, so get voting.

The poll will close on 00:28 SUNDAY 29TH AUGUST 2010. Good Luck!!!!!

Last edited:
I voted for the first three Mike kits and Ryans Sevilla kit. :).

I voted 3 for Mike and Ryan's Valencia kit, which I personally think is the best one there.

I voted ac Milan, zenit, villa and Valencia, thought all were good kits, well done chaps

Voted for Mike's Ajax, Zenit and Ipswich (one of the best kits I've ever seen) and Ryan's Valencia one. Very good efforts from both of you, both supremely talented with the pen-tool, well done guys.

Nice to see Ryan voting for all his own kits... ;)

I voted: Mike, Mike, Mike, Ryan.

Nice to see Ryan voting for all his own kits... ;)

I voted: Mike, Mike, Mike, Ryan.

I've said I have no problem with people voting for their own kits, let's be honest here, people want to win, not be sportsmanlike, especially in the final :p

To be fair dunc everybody does it, and it's been discussed to death, I know how hard I worked on all four kits and for that reason I see no shame, I am being beaten fair and square by a very talented designer, I am pleased to get to the final and I wanted to win, otherwise pointless working so hard.

Have to say bradyo, quality competition, you have done a great job in organizing and commiting to this, I have run a competition on here and it takes alot of time and patience to do this, great credit to you my friend!!!!!!

Mike, congratulations!!! Consistantly high standard of kits but you well and truly upped your game for the final, I thought my kits were top, but you will prove a worthy victor!!!

Maybe we proved during this competition that the mods can trust certain people to start, manage and acheive great competitions to challenge and in prove us all on here

now I'm going before my speech ends in me crying and wondering about what might have been!!! Like I did at wembley last February ( villa losing carling cup final)

right I'm off for a week or so break from designing, cheers boys, it's been emotional !!

i think its a complete joke people vote for themselves , i mean how much more arrogant can you get . for voting for yourself you should be removed immediately , as it shows your not fair at all , every kit competition i was in i voted for my opponent

Sorry gza but until everbody agrees not to do it, like gentlemans agreement then people won't do it, I would have no issue doing it if it was agreed at the start of a competition, but I think your overreacting mate it's 1 persons vote, it don't make any real differance

Nice kits ryanhobbs, on my PS3 so can't say much lol good luck mate!

My final stance on it is that you wouldn't gift the opposing team a goal in football, just to not look arrogant, how **** are you going to feel when you lose out by 1 vote, because you voted for the other bloke?

Thanks for the complements Ryan, it's been a pleasure running the competition for you and everyone else :)

I am rather surprised at the leading kit being Mike's Zenit kits, I like them, and think it's a clever design on the sleeve, but it just seems a bit too bland for my liking. The Ipswich and Valencia kits are my joint top favourites.

Mike gets my vote because he didn't put stars on everything.

Voted Mike. Mike, Mike, Ryan
Not liking "the black star", ruins the shirts