'The Last Train to Wales'- A Chris Turner Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, 19th November 2009

libertystadswan.jpg

It was coming up to 9.00 and I was heading for Swansea City stadium. The mysterious man had called and said I was to be there at 9.15, 'on the dot.' His harsh words were an indication of what to expect at Swansea, if I got the job of course. I had been offered a taxi, but it was a nice day and I had decided to take a walk before heading to the nearby 'Liberty Stadium'. I turned the corner and there it was, Liberty Stadium in all of it's humble glory. It seemed to gleam in the sunlight, beckoning for me to come inside.

I was sat outside the board room at 9.10, biting my nails, nervous about the meeting I was about to enter. This was the biggest day of my life and I couldn't afford to mess up. I thought back to the last few years at Cambridge United. All of the hard work I had put in was what had got me here. I wasn't going to fail.

The door opened, and the receptionist, a slim woman with long, brunette hair and perfectly white teeth greeted me. She must have said the same words a thousand times:

'They will see you now.'

I straightened my hair, thinning from stress, brushed down my suit and took my first strides to the door. Time seemed to stand still. I pushed open the door and prepared for what was waiting for me. Success, or failure, there was no going back.

Last edited:
good story mate...horrible tram tho haha. keep it up!!

Nice update, i'm in Tesco cup next year ;)

swfc1234 who do you play for ? are they in Sheffield ?

Saturday, 21st November, 2009

493508623286346swansead.jpg

The board meeting had been gruelling, but I felt satisfied with my efforts. I was disappointed that they hadn't offered me the job. 'The decision will come on Sunday', one board member announced. However, if nothing else came out of it, I was to watch Swansea's match against Derby County at the Liberty Stadium. I turned up at 2.15 on that Saturday for the 3.00 Kick Off. After passing through the tunnel, the mystery man showed me to my VIP seat. I sat down amongst the WAGS and prepared for an enthralling match.

Enthralling, it was not but Swansea came out on top, dominating possession but scoring only one goal. This had been Swansea's problem under Sousa and I knew I could change that. A 1-0 scoreline was deserved and I made a big thing of making notes and joining in with the crowd. The board seemed impressed.

As I travelled back to the hotel in a taxi, my mind wandered back to the masked man, with the ****** arms. Who had it been? Was he trying to tell me something?

The taxi dropped me off, at the expense of the board, and I took the lift up to my room. As I went to put the key in the lock, I heard a smash. I cautiously opened the door and shut it behind me.

'He...Hello?' 'Anyone there?' I stammered.

I heard the squeal of the bathroom door but it was too late. The masked man was back and he had a knife.

'Don't move Turner. Unless you wanna lose your hands.'

He laughed an evil laugh and smacked me round the face.

I didn't see the note he left. I was already unconscious.

Last edited:
:O Noo! Great Update Chris, definitely following, enthralling start, and love seeing stories with so much effort put into them, well done!

Let's see more! Let's see more! :D

Thrilling story, and may I say an even better choice of country ^^) Following no doubt, can't wait to see the next update.

Let's see more! Let's see more! :D

Thrilling story, and may I say an even better choice of country ^^) Following no doubt, can't wait to see the next update.

Thanks alot Mike! You, Joss and Nick were my inspiration for this. :)

It means alot for you to say that. ^^)

Sunday, 22nd November 2009

postitbx.jpg

'Take this job and you will suffer.'

I had gone over the note one hundred times. I knew what it meant but I was defiant. This job was my life's dream and no... no ********... in a mask, was going to take it away from me. I had a huge lump on my head but I wasn't going to hospital. Oh no, today was when the decision was made. It was the first thing I had thought about, and it wouldn't be the last. The mystery man would come to the hotel and let me know.

Then the thought struck me. He'd already been. I knew he despised me for taking the job. He said I wasn't up to it. Until I'd met him, my life had been perfectly normal. No madmen in masks, no death threats. I couldn't be sure, however that the masked maniac was him and the lack of a Welsh accent only confused me more.

But, this was a job that was worth sacrificing everything for. The chance to manage Swansea City. The chance to live a life of luxury. For once, I would have money, fame and power. I had worked for 5 years at Cambridge United to be noticed, and finally, I had. This was my only shot at management and I had to grasp it with both hands.

There was a knock on the door. A knock that could be the difference, between life and death. I pulled the door open...​

Last edited:
The chance to manage Swansea City. The chance to live a life of luxury.

XD

Nice update, keeping the audience tense. Your writing is also very good and well descripted.

Great update Chris, glad my words had effect!

it's like I Walked into a Dreamland, just Welsh XD

Well done Chris - this is truly brilliant :D

Thanks all of you. :wub:

Probably squeeze one more update in. Will he get the job?

The Same Day

blackbalaclava.gif

It was the mystery man. He staggered into the room, I noticed the knife sticking out of his chest. There was blood all over the corridor floor and smears over the walls. His face was pale, his eyes bloodshot and weeping.

'Look 'ere Chris.' He gasped. 'I have never liked you'

'Wait, who did this?!' I cried.

'I don't know, I never saw his face but his arms! They were dripping with blood and he was wearing a mask. He ran off down the stairs before I could stop him. It was only a few seconds later I realised what he had done to me. It's all over for me Chris. But not for you.'

'Why? What's your name? Why are you here?'

I had so many questions but I could see the mystery man wasn't going to last much longer. I sat him down on the bed and for the first time, I could see he had given up. His eyes were glazed over and defeated. The stain on his shirt was rapidly growing across his chest and he was coughing up blood.

'He'll come for you next! He'll get you. Watch your back. Trust no-one.'

'Bu...But how? What do I do?' I was nearly sobbing with despair.

'By the way, you've got the job.'

Then, his eyes glazed over. The masked man, had claimed his first victim...

****​

Gets more interesting by the update. All looking good so far Chris, I'm sure you'll attract more followers in due time mate. Get a cool sig too (like mine ^^)) :D

I'm assuming that's your last update for the night? Just I can't wait until the next one, Chris :)

I'm assuming that's your last update for the night? Just I can't wait until the next one, Chris :)

Yeah, end of chapter Mike. :)

He's got the job so I'll start a new chapter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.