'The Last Train to Wales'- A Chris Turner Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff Chris,some enthralling writing which keeps the reader tense and wanting to read on

Great stuff Chris,some enthralling writing which keeps the reader tense and wanting to read on

Thanks alot mate. :) Updates will roll in at about 11.00. :)

Great Story so far Chris.
Reading this I should have spruced mine up a bit, mines dull and boring ;) but then again just started :p

Good work, keep it up mate.

Thanks mate. :) I will take a look at yours. ;)

Brilliant final update Chris, i need to know what's going to happen! Poor old mystery man :p Don't suppose they have guard dogs, or personal security in Wales? Mike, care to shed any light on this?
KUTGW Chris, very enjoyable so far!

Lol, thanks Joss. :) No guard dogs, I'm afraid. Unless Mike knows otherwise. ;)

The Train to Wales- Chapter Two

Friday, 1st January 2010

champagnetoast.jpg

It had been a while since I wrote, that was about the murder of the mystery man in my hotel room. I'm afraid I haven't had the time. The Police interviewed me soon after the murder and I was surprised that the board didn't immediately disassociate themselves with me. The masked man had not been caught but I wasn't worried for the time being. My dream had been held back but I had a while until the job was mine. One of the board members had visited me regarding the new job:

'Chris, as you know, you have accepted the contract offer of £2,600 per week.'

My eyes lit up! Over £10,000 a month! The dream was getting better and better. I had to pinch myself. The board member was saying things but I wasn't listening. My mind had drifted off, thinking what flash car I could buy, what apartment would soon be mine.

'However, with that amount of money, there comes a certain expectation of you.'

I nodded my head. I was confident of a mid-table finish and I thought 12th position was achievable for someone with my lack of knowledge and ability.

'We expect a Play-Off finish at the very least, or I am afraid...'

He slid a finger across his throat. I swallowed hard. The task was monumental! 6th position or else. I nodded again, slower this time. I had been brought back down to earth and it hurt.

'Well, I'll see you on the 7th July. I hope our little risk was worth it.'

He smiled cruelly and left the room. I was left alone to consider what had just happened. I picked up the phone by the bed and ordered a big pint of bitter. It was going to be a long night.

'Happy New Year, Chris. Happy New Year.'​

Last edited:
Is he following overpaid footballers and buying cars and binge drinking? Let's hope not! :D

Looking forward to more, keeping me on the edge of my seat. Well, bed, but you get the picture :)

Lol, cheers Mike. :p Don't fall off. XD

Update later, then after that one, we will get cracking with the season and see who he signs. :)

Thanks Alcaraz. :)

Wasn't my best but I had to run through the contract and stuff for the readers. ;) Not much of a cliffhanger either but, meh. :p

Thanks Alcaraz. :)

Wasn't my best but I had to run through the contract and stuff for the readers. ;) Not much of a cliffhanger either but, meh. :p

lol I know thats why I only said Good Update:p

I am sure the story gets more exciting and I am particulary interested in what the masked man does when he finds out you have taken the job

I reckon the masked man is just some hooligan from Cardiff, just a little drunk after a long night out at the Bingo. ;).

Nice update Chris, except little typo: £2,600 isn't more than £10,000 XD. (Check it..)
I'm sure 6th is achievable, but lol'd at this:

'[/I]

He slid a finger across his throat. I swallowed hard. [/LEFT][/FONT]

Lol, cheers Joss. ^^)

And 4 weeks in a month:

2,600 x4= £10,400. :p

****! That backfired a little bit. :'( Still - good update :'(

Lol, no worries, I do that all the time. XD

Thanks mate. :)

Great story so far Chris :). I love the cliffhangers ;). When's next update?

Thanks Anu. :)

Next Update will come after Transfer Deadline for sure.

Monday, 1st February 2010

iphoned.jpg

I have been in Swansea a couple of months now and I can't say I'm enjoying the waiting. My day was brightened up with the big news that Mido was moving to West Ham to save their season! I think that says alot about my life at the moment. Knowing that excitement is just round the corner, is what keeps me going. I am already planning who to sell, who to buy, that's if I get a transfer budget of course. Swansea City here I come!

Later that day, I got a phone call from an unknown caller. Cautiously, I pressed the 'green phone'.

'Hello?' I said curiously.

There was a moment of silence and a sudden rasp of someone breathing down the other end of the phone. The caller coughed once, then again and spoke in a deathly voice.

'The 7th July 2010 Turner. I'll be waiting.'

I dropped the phone immediately but the caller hung up. I could only guess it was the masked man but I detected an East European accent. I was living everyday under the shadow of the murderer. Someone who had been against this job from the very start.

I gasped. It couldn't be? Surely not?

I picked up my phone from the bed and made the call.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.