The Leeds United Thread

I heard that rumour but doubt it's true. He'll want to big wages for Bates to pay ;)

He might accept lower wages just to get regular football. Shame that he got those injuries. He'd been quality striker for most of PL teams.

He might accept lower wages just to get regular football. Shame that he got those injuries. He'd been quality striker for most of PL teams.

Would love to see him sign but can't see it myself. Maybe Bates feels like he owes us a good signing after Gradel leaving :O

I agree Lonergan is'nt a bad keeper but i dont feel hes a strong as Kasper was and ofcourse Kasper has youth on his side too although at 27 Longergan is'nt exactly old, That being said we could have the best keeper in the world without a solid defence infront of him we're always going to leak goals and right now we have a very weak defence.O'Brien is decent enough but thats about it really, Kisnorbo needs more time to get back to where he was but even then we would lack alot of pace at the back and we still need to sort out the fullbacks as neither one fills me with confidence.

Loan signings could make a difference but the problem is, Next season we're in exactly the same position as those players will return to their parent clubs leaving us with a midtable team at best, A owner who does'nt seem willing to invest and its only a matter of time before Snodgrass decides he has to move on to the top level because theres no doubt he can play in the premiership, Becchio is another who could leave if he comes back and has a strong season.

As for Paynter, I can see why he was signed as he would cover for Becchio if injured, However he needs alot of chances before he actually takes one and more importantly, Hes injured more than anyone else in the team which is just no what we needed when we already have two of our three better strikers out, Although in truth McCormack is'nt a striker he does seem to have found his feet which is good.

Then theres that little problem of Nunez, He looks to be a decent little player, Gets into goal scoring positions, Knows where the goal is.......But he was given a 1 year contract with the option of a second year, We took that option up but that means he too is now in the last year of his contract, Will he be offered a new one, Looking at our recent history i doubt it very much.

Top 10 finish at best and come next season we could lose even more players, While Grayson said the money from the Gradel deal was there for him to spend in all honesty what is 1.7 million going to bring us in quality wise, Maybe one player, Its never easy being a Leeds fan thats for sure.

Both fairly solid keepers but as you said it's pointless if the defence in front of them is ****. Not sure Kisnorbo will ever be as good as he was before considering how serious his injury was, we'll see how he progresses :) At least Tom Lees seems decent :) ye true but its another year for someone to come and buy us (yes I can hope :p ) ye Snodgrass will have serious interest this January and I hope we are doing decent in the league otherwise he could leave. He says he wants to get Leeds to the Premier league but if we're no where near it then he may leave and I wouldn't blame him. Ye at least McCormack has started scoring :D Interseting points about Nunez, he could be offered pre contracts in January so hopefully we get him sorted before then.

Our first choice back 4 are pretty weak and our backup defenders are dreadful, Was very happy we let Bessone go to Swansea though, Even by our standards he looked ****** poor when he managed a game for us.Parker showed alot of a promise at one stage but injuries have really set him back along with Kisnorbo who i agree may never get back to where he was but he would work as a rotation player with O'Brien if we had a pacey CB to play along side either of them which right now we dont have.

Our defence is known for being weak but last season our attack was very strong, This season its not as strong sadly, The loss of Gradel is key to that and Sam and Nunez will have to step up and get on the scoresheet along with Clayton as Johnson also managed to grab a few goals, He was'nt the most consistant player and neither was Kilkenny but we never replaced neither of them, Clayton was on our books before just out on loan and Brown will serve a purpose but in the game against Southampton he did seem very prone to make rash tackles but then again he is getting on abit so he lacks alot of pace.

We still never got a holding midfielder to protect that dodgy back four we needed so much, Unless that is the role Brown is ment to fill but as i said his rash tackles as the last thing we need, We dont want to be giving away freekicks and having balls pumped into our box with such a leaky defence.

Howson and Clayton work well together, Snodgrass is a key player for us and i think once Becchio is fit you will see McCormack switch out onto the wing which his natural position, May end up playing the 4-5-1 we played so much last season which might not be such a bad thing.

As much as i hate loans because come the end of the season we're left as weak as we were again we do need to bring some players in even if its just as cover, We need another CB or two and we could really do with a solid holding midfielder, Someone with abit of pace who can play a simple passing game and get the ball to Clayton, Howson and Snodgrass, Should we bring those players in maybe we could push for the playoffs but its a big if and without them top 10 is a good shout i guess.

A Leeds thread...and here was me thinking nothing could match the Villa thread...lol. By the way Jak, theres another leeds fan on the forum, Fellardo18. :)

You should be fir for a top half finish and might make a late charge for the playoffs. Hopefully we see Leeds back in the prem soon where they belong :D

A Leeds thread...and here was me thinking nothing could match the Villa thread...lol. By the way Jak, theres another leeds fan on the forum, Fellardo18. :)

You should be fir for a top half finish and might make a late charge for the playoffs. Hopefully we see Leeds back in the prem soon where they belong :D

I tried to take a bit of inspiration from the villa thread and make it a bit light hearted ;) Really? nice. There were a few Leeds fans on here a while back but they seem to have disappeared :S Hopefully but I'm not holding my breath :p Yep ever since I started supporting Leeds we've been **** (started supporting the season we went down from the Premiership) so would be nice for them to get back up there for a year :p

Gradel wanted to stay at leeds tbh, but he never got offered a new contract.. so he had to go somewhere and st Ettiene offered him a contract.. better wages and what not.. so its Management side of the club's fault not gradel for going :)

Gradel wanted to stay at leeds tbh, but he never got offered a new contract.. so he had to go somewhere and st Ettiene offered him a contract.. better wages and what not.. so its Management side of the club's fault not gradel for going :)

Bates' fault, not management. Same kind of thing happened with Kasper

Even Leeds united has thread? lol never known that, searched for Man City thread and didn't find it.
P.S. Leeds are for the promotion this season.

Even Leeds united has thread? lol never known that, searched for Man City thread and didn't find it.
P.S. Leeds are for the promotion this season.

I just made it the other day, because I can :p There is a Man City thread (in the England section, the same one as this). I doubt we are but hopefully :D

Would love to see him sign but can't see it myself. Maybe Bates feels like he owes us a good signing after Gradel leaving :O

He's just signed a 1 year contract with Leeds. Hopefully he does well and keeps fit.

He's just signed a 1 year contract with Leeds. Hopefully he does well and keeps fit.

ye saw that today :) happy with the signing, hopefully he plays well :)

Decent debut drom Forssell and now Leeds are linked with yet another finn Mika Väyrynen. We played in same youth organisation back in 90's and he was great then.

Decent debut drom Forssell and now Leeds are linked with yet another finn Mika Väyrynen. We played in same youth organisation back in 90's and he was great then.

nice to see him make his debut and great to see Becchio back and scoring. Hopefully we can build from this result, despite not playing too great

nice to see him make his debut and great to see Becchio back and scoring. Hopefully we can build from this result, despite not playing too great

I think you could use this new Finland connection to sign up Joona Toivio from Djurgården. He's been impressive for Finland and you could use new defender.

would welcome any kind of decent defender haha

Great to see Becchio back and scoring, Hes still a couple of week away from making a start but having him on the bench as a impact sub with Forssell does give us the long ball option late in the game which worked well against Palace, Again though we conceeded twice and they were pretty much down to our own stupid mistakes which is'nt promising at all.

Quite happy to see we signed Mika Vayrynen though, Again only a 1 year contract though with a second year option but still we needed a midfielder so i wont complain.Hopefully once his fitness is up to scratch he will start instead of Brown, As i mentioned in a earlier post hes going to cost us because hes too slow and gives away stupid freekicks, He did the same against Palace which as expected resulted in a ball into the box we simply did'nt deal with and conceeded.Vayrynen can play holding midfield something we just dont have right now and any protection for our weak back four has to be welcomed.

Hopefully now we can bring in a defender or two on loan/free and push on from there, In attack we seem pretty much there or there abouts right now, Midfield seems decent enough, Just the defence that lets us down really, Cant judge the keeper as hes not got a decent defence infront of him so hes bound to conceed goals so i'll reserve judgement on him until we have a better defence to protect him.

good 2-1 win today against Bristol. Kilkenny had to score against us haha apparently he celebrated in front of Bates' directors box which I don't blame him for :p Frustrating to get another player sent off but haven't seen the incident so can't comment on it. BRING ON MAN UTD ;)