ILoveLamp

Reaction score
Liechtenstein-Flag-icon.png

This is a challenge I've seen on the SI forums for a while and always wanted to do so with FM16 on the horizon I've decided to attack it now until release day.

In short, this is very much like the San Marino challenge.

Sports Interactive Forum said:
The Challenge.

The major Liechtenstein club, Vaduz, play their football in Switzerland, as there is no formal Liechtenstein football league system. They are currently in the top tier, the Swiss Super League. The basic idea is that you manage both Vaduz, and the Liechtenstein National Team, using the players produced by an improved club academy to benefit the NT in a long-term save.

To complete the challenge you must win the Swiss league with Vaduz, the Europa League with Vaduz, and the European/World cups with Liechtenstein.

The Club.

Vaduz have played in the Switzerland football league system for a long while now, and have just reached the top tier getting promoted in 13/14. They have only ever played one league campaign at this level before (getting relegated straight away in 2008).

To start with I am changing the rules slightly. Instead of being purely a youth team recruitment policy I will allow myself to sign other Liechtenstein-born players.

I will also be playing on FMC for speed purposes so off we go...

Oh for f**ks sake!!

Just realised I can't manage the national team on FMC because there isn't enough players.

I will quickly restart on the full game with an instant result skin.

Europa League 1st Qual Round

View attachment 221191

Very routine two-leg victory.

Scouts are out trying to find some decent Liechtenstein players but not expecting any.

Europa League 2nd Qual Round

View attachment 221189

We bow out of Europe at the second hurdle.

Our next European adventure should be better as the club and players will be more used to my tactics. We didn't even have one preseason game before the Europa League campaign kicked off.

Holding Russia to a draw - and in a tournament game as well. Impressive! (H)

Competition Review

View attachment 220228
View attachment 220227

I assume if the Swiss league continues to rise up the ranking then our club will get better youth team graduates..

Hopefully we can pull our weight in the Europa League to help increase the coefficient.

Last edited:
good challenge, personally I kinda get frustrated by the fact that swiss league becomes 'easy' very soon, and you can't qualify for CL even when you dominate the league.

if you have patience this could be a great story, FM16 is coming though ;)

good challenge, personally I kinda get frustrated by the fact that swiss league becomes 'easy' very soon, and you can't qualify for CL even when you dominate the league.

if you have patience this could be a great story, FM16 is coming though ;)

I know what you mean. Have done similar careers in Andorra and San Marino and Champions League money is vital to improving youth and training facilities.

View attachment 220081

As you can see finances are poor (and this includes a run to the Europa playoffs and a player sale of £2m)