Some good looking regens there! Seen a comment saying Vaduz cat qualify for CL but can they qualify for EL?

Some good looking regens there! Seen a comment saying Vaduz cat qualify for CL but can they qualify for EL?

As far as I can recall they can, but by winning the Lietchtenstein's Cup rather than by league results.

Interesting yet really frustrating challenge you have there, managing a club from Lietchtenstein is almost as frustrating than managing Wellington Phoenix (at least you can play continental football... even if it's EL).
The club is doing surprisingly well both in League (leading the Super League is quite a feat for Vaduz) and in Europe (surprisingly long lived run from your guys, almost making out to the group stages and knocking teams theoritecally superior like Botev Plovdiv and Spartak Trnava)... However your defensive line is kinda weak, the third most scored squad so far in the Super League.

As for the national squad... Well... For now the results are pretty much what one would expect from Liecthenstein so far (even though I admit that those three draws in the group stage are pretty impressive considering your national squad's current quality), hopefully things can change once your youth academy starts producing quality regens (let's keep our fingers crossed).

Good luck with the challenge, I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

Yea as Zlatan says, can qualify for the Europa League but never Champions League which makes it a tougher challenge than the San Marino, Andorra type ones

End of Season 2015/16

-- Club --

View attachment 219815

Our form dipped mid season as our unexpected title challenge lost momentum but we gained some form in the final weeks and finished a lofty 3rd.

Another Liechtenstein Cup win see us into the Europa League qualifiers again.

View attachment 219816

-- International --

View attachment 219814

The expected hammerings by the big boys but our two friendlies showed some improvement at least.

SeasonLeagueCupEuropa League
2014/153rdWinners2nd Qual Rnd
2015/163rdWinnersPlayoffs

Yea as Zlatan says, can qualify for the Europa League but never Champions League which makes it a tougher challenge than the San Marino, Andorra type ones

Since the EL winner now qualifies for the CL, you should be able to do it by winning the EL... theoretically...

Hi!I tried the same challenge a few months ago..If you want you can try 4-5-1 (5 of midfield in line)for national side I think suit very well..I had some good results with this tactics...Liechtenstein-Montenegro 4-0 (I don't know how but we had score 4 goals before half time!!) Moldova-Liechtenstein 0-1 and 1-1 against my country Greece a few years later...And try to sell lichtensteiner players to better clubs from you and last try to get young players from big nations (Brasil,Argentina)because in 5 years they can take Liechtensteins citizenship..;)One thing I didn't like was that whatever I did (Sell players,Get money from Europa league,make very low contracts)always my finances was bad...:mad: Good luck!!

GOING TO PUT A HALT TO THIS.

Our finances are so poor that I can't even offer the few decent players we have new contracts so there's absolutely no enjoyment in this save now.

I have a Gibraltar save from months ago that I may continue in place of this.

Last edited:
It's sad to read that since Vaduz was starting to show some serious progress...
...but it can't be helped I guess...

I'll check any future project you may end coming up with...
...but wouldn't it be better to start in another "small" country like Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, Malta or even Moldova rather than Gibraltar? Gibraltar can't play World Cup Qualifiers since it's only acknowledged by UEFA.

Last edited:
It's sad to read that since Vaduz was starting to show some serious progress...
...but it can't be helped I guess...

I'll check any future project you may end coming up with...
...but wouldn't it be better to start in another "small" country like Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, Malta or even Moldova rather than Gibraltar? Gibraltar can't play World Cup Qualifiers since it's only acknowledged by UEFA.

Oh I didn't even know that mate.

Yes I will do Andorra then. Had a great save with them on FM13

Do you know why this happens??

I mean when you start with Vaduz your financial are bad and whatever you do
Always you have financial problem...Maybe I can "fix" it from editor.?I want to start the same game to fm 2016 but with bad finances I can't do anything...If someone else knows please help me..Thanks!!

Do you know why this happens??

I mean when you start with Vaduz your financial are bad and whatever you do
Always you have financial problem...Maybe I can "fix" it from editor.?I want to start the same game to fm 2016 but with bad finances I can't do anything...If someone else knows please help me..Thanks!!

honestly I don't think it's impossible to keep finances in good shape with Vaduz. No need for the editor, it just takes some good old wheeling and dealing, signing players at low/no cost, then showcase them at continental level and finally sell them and make profit.

Don't really mean to show off but...

View attachment 219387View attachment 219386View attachment 219385

Last edited:
honestly I don't think it's impossible to keep finances in good shape with Vaduz. No need for the editor, it just takes some good old wheeling and dealing, signing players at low/no cost, then showcase them at continental level and finally sell them and make profit.

Don't really mean to show off but...

View attachment 965878View attachment 965881View attachment 965882
Nice.

Though part of the challenge is using only youth team players so it will take a few seasons before some of them are sellable.

Nevermind, started an Andorra one. 14 games a season and potential UCL football so can fly through seasons with instant result until the release of FM16

Nice.

Though part of the challenge is using only youth team players so it will take a few seasons before some of them are sellable.

Nevermind, started an Andorra one. 14 games a season and potential UCL football so can fly through seasons with instant result until the release of FM16

yeah without signing/selling new players it's hard to make money, and that makes your challenge quite hardcore!
I was answering to Sheriff, not sure if he follows the same rules as your challenge if he doesn't then sign & sell is the way :)

Thanks a lot man..I will try your advice and hope fm 2016 have better finances for Liechtensteins giant..;-)