The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I get why arsenal TV is entertaining to others fans, but we're not all like that. Surely you have some sympathy for the non attention seeking fans who just want to see there team do well.

I'm all for fan channels giving supporters a voice, so I wouldn't knock/ mock it.

Watford's annual managerial change has been confirmed. The Italian's last game Sunday.

Hopefully, that gives the players the extra incentive to send him off with a bang against City.

Watford's annual managerial change has been confirmed. The Italian's last game Sunday.

Hopefully, that gives the players the extra incentive to send him off with a bang against City.

I think if they play well it will be more to do with it being their last home game of the season and would wish to end on a high. Would be great for Arsenal's point as well eventhough I doubt we could swing that +5 GD around they got on us atm.

Is rite! Happy Dirk Kuyt Appreciation Day! https://twitter.com/hashtag/DirkKuytAppreciationDay?src=hash

If you've not had Dirk in your side, you'll never know how special he was. He was gegenpressing before it was even a word or fashionable! Want a guy to score a goal on the big occasion? Call on #18. One of the best examples of sheer hard work maximising limited natural ability to be a VITAL team cog who'd selfishly play anywhere and be effective every game.

My favourite Kuyt moment was in the Derby over the pit in 2007. After r 'mate' Clattenburg somehow didn't walk him for this on Neville

[video=youtube;p52WBsEYIYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52WBsEYIYk[/video]

And he went on to score two late for a 2-1 win. With that top 'Red' Clattenburg waving away a clear peno the last minute when Carra hauled down their lad by the neck and body slammed him! Oh the frigging fume after that one! Blue heads fell off all over the place! In fact thinking about it that just may well be my favourite game like EVER! LOL!

Top, TOP bloke off the field too:

NSFW.

[video=youtube;QnZA0N5oECs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZA0N5oECs[/video]

[video=youtube;YPmXxXlgzh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPmXxXlgzh8[/video]

I was out last night so never got to see it, but England U-17's lost the Euro Final to Spain 4-1 on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Spain equalising 5 minutes into injury time.

Rhian didn't score the final and ended up with 3 goals from the 5 games. Which he started every one. Disappointing but real good experience for him in his development.

Wonder if he'll make the plane to Australia this week to get a look?

I was out last night so never got to see it, but England U-17's lost the Euro Final to Spain 4-1 on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Spain equalising 5 minutes into injury time.

Rhian didn't score the final and ended up with 3 goals from the 5 games. Which he started every one. Disappointing but real good experience for him in his development.

Wonder if he'll make the plane to Australia this week to get a look?
Spain were the better team for me. There movement was a different class. Sancho was trying to take on the whole Spanish team every time he had the ball. Very greedy! And apart from Barlow from Utd who scored the first peno, no one else stepped up with any sort of confidence. Good tournament though and no doubt there is some talent at this age level and a few stand out talents from the rest. Rhian had a pretty good game tbh.

From one major International tourney to another.

Ejaria and Ojo came off the bench as England beat Argentina 3-0 their first group game the U-20 World Cup.

Last edited:
Xabi Alonso final game today and he was as peerless as ever. Provided an assist and dominated the midfield. Up there with the greatest midfielders that have graced the game. He was that good.

Xabi Alonso final game today and he was as peerless as ever. Provided an assist and dominated the midfield. Up there with the greatest midfielders that have graced the game. He was that good.

And to think Rafa cost us him by trying to bin him for Gareth ******* Barry.

Seriously. WTF was THAT all about?

One of my all time favourite PL players and the best passer of a football I've had the privilege of watching on a regular basis since Molby. Up there with Xavi as the best passer of a football the World over the past decade. Class personified on and off the field that man.

Boss tribute from Stevie yesterday:

[video=youtube;PFkLcFvXEn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkLcFvXEn0[/video]

I can think of four boss songs we have for Xabi, with a Beatles classic in there too. That's how ******* revered he was.

[video=youtube;nlKQOweFz2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlKQOweFz2g[/video]

God **** it Rafa! WTF were you thinking!

Players younger than me are retiring now...sigh.
Players younger than me are starting to play and I don't like it. Beginning to think that I won't become a superstar, especially as I haven't kicked a ball for a couple years

What a glorious day to be alive. A final day where the Reds are playing a meaningful game of football again. A final day where the Reds are set to rejoin Europe's elite in a place where they sit alongside the pantheon of European greats. This team is built for the big games. You only have to look at Klopp's ridiculous record against the top six his first 99 games. (P22 W11 D10 L 1 F37 A20. With the only loss coming in a game L'pool completely dominated against Utd but de Gea turned Superman yet again. <And they seriously think he won't be a massive loss.>.). Or the way he navigated a real tough knockout run in Europe last year to reach an albeit unsuccessful final. (Praise the Good Lord above today will be the very last time Alby Moreno graces Anfield with his numbskull presence.). And funnily enough, the Champions League is rammed with big games. So .....

Bouncing for today after last week. With absolutely no disrespect intended to Middlesbrough, all that remains is who finishes third. Do our jobs, on AND off the park, and give these lads the send off they deserve for what has been in reality a massive step forward in their development and an excellent season wich climaxes with the club's season objective today; and what will be will be. Hopefully, Watford sends Mazzarri off in style and upset City to avoid that darn qualifier nobody wants.

Up the CL Clinching Reds!

Last edited:
What a glorious day to be alive. A final day where the Reds are playing a meaningful game of football again. A final day where the Reds are set to rejoin Europe's elite in a place where they sit alongside the pantheon of European greats. This team is built for the big games. You only have to look at Klopp's ridiculous record against the top six his first 99 games. (P22 W11 D10 L 1 F37 A20. With the only loss coming in a game L'pool completely dominated against Utd but de Gea turned Superman yet again. <And they seriously think he won't be a massive loss.>.). Or the way he navigated a real tough knockout run in Europe last year to reach an albeit unsuccessful final. (Praise the Good Lord above today will be the very last time Alby Moreno graces Anfield with his numbskull presence.). And funnily enough, the Champions League is rammed with big games. So .....

Bouncing for today after last week. With absolutely no disrespect intended to Middlesbrough, all that remains is who finishes third. Do our jobs, on AND off the park, and give these lads the send off they deserve for what has been in reality a massive step forward in their development and an excellent season wich climaxes with the club's season objective today; and what will be will be. Hopefully, Watford sends Mazzarri off in style and upset City to avoid that darn qualifier nobody wants.

Up the CL Clinching Reds!

If you finish the job some potential cracking ties in the qualifiers from a non football perspective! Wouldnt fancy them from a football perspective but not sure many of them fancy pool either

Well, that was a pleasant end to a pretty darn good season of progression in reality. Poor until Gini's opener, then a stroll in the sun. Three great goals. Another clean sheet to round out the year. 4 in a row and 5 the last 6. Only one loss in 17 games now that Matip and Lovren have played together. Good signs that we're learning as we develop. From a side, that supposedly can't defend to save its life but yer know? Too goosed to reflect on this season right now.

Pity Watford didn't have Middlesbrough's work ethic (credit to them for that. Even if it did leave to a frustrating first 45), so the qualifier it is. Could have done without the holidays and money August but hey, I aren't complaining if our Euro aways start early in the heady days of late summer.

Up the European Royalty Reds! Back among Europe's elite where the 5-time winners belong.

Credit where due Liverpool and Klopp have delivered, in a nervy final day, it will be good to see what he can do with youe lot in the CL next season.

As you know at the start of the season I thought you wouldn't get top 4, mainly because I thought you would struggle in terms of squad depth over the course of a season. But I was proven wrong, so can openly say well done! Hopefully we'll be joining you and we'll see 5 English teams in CL.

Credit where due Liverpool and Klopp have delivered, in a nervy final day, it will be good to see what he can do with youe lot in the CL next season.

As you know at the start of the season I thought you wouldn't get top 4, mainly because I thought you would struggle in terms of squad depth over the course of a season. But I was proven wrong, so can openly say well done! Hopefully we'll be joining you and we'll see 5 English teams in CL.

Very magnanimous of yer but indirectly you weren't proven wrong per se.

The lack of any quality depth cost what should have been a serious title assault. When the key injuries hit, the drop off in the lads coming in was pitiful. Among a lot of mistakes Klopp made this year to learn from was having WAY too much faith in his players. His eyes were certainly opened when the squad was tested to it's fullest after Christmas which ultimately cost any chance of silverware.

So you were right in that. The first XI is as strong as anything in this league. But outside of players 13/14, the drop off in quality has been stark.

Last edited:
Back