The Liverpool Thread

Im fine with never having to play Napoli ever again...

Horrible rats. On and off the park. Moody as F last night mate with KO’s going off all over.

And nobody’s telling me that ref wasn’t got at. The officials here are bad but he was next level incompetence. Defo bent. Worst I’ve seen in years and that’s saying something.

As regards ourselves, it was just one of them when everyone was off it, on and off the pitch

Complete S/Show all round from virtually everyone not named Lovren or Henderson.

But we got the point that keeps it in our own hands so no harm, no foul.

Up the top of everything Reds!

Got very little interest in any football right now.

Just utterly numb.

Not surprised. But numb all the same. I aren't even going to try to put into words my feelings and emotions toward the Establishment in this totally F up Country we live in.

And I'm just a survivor. Christ only knows how anyone who's lost anyone is feeling after the ultimate disgrace of today.

God rest. JFT96.

It probably wasn't a good idea to push for criminal case, it was always going to end on a sour note. Whatever findings of that Hillsborough committee, it would never stand in a criminal court where rules favor the defendant and you need to prove guilt beyond any doubt in such a complex situation where million different things were at play.

Got very little interest in any football right now.

Just utterly numb.

Not surprised. But numb all the same. I aren't even going to try to put into words my feelings and emotions toward the Establishment in this totally F up Country we live in.

And I'm just a survivor. Christ only knows how anyone who's lost anyone is feeling after the ultimate disgrace of today.

God rest. JFT96.
Honestly just disgraceful.

It probably wasn't a good idea to push for criminal case, it was always going to end on a sour note. Whatever findings of that Hillsborough committee, it would never stand in a criminal court where rules favor the defendant and you need to prove guilt beyond any doubt in such a complex situation where million different things were at play.

Not just the HIP report backing up Taylor mate, but the second inquest that brought around that overturned the disgraceful ‘accidental death’ verdict into an ‘unlawful killing due to gross negligence and dereliction of care’ one decreed that would be the judicial process.

The issue wasn’t the CPS going forward with prosecutions.

The issue is a complete system failure. To this Country’s continued detriment.

Perfect storm of clusterfuck, we're always gonna struggle to pin it on one moment or thing and get a definite verdict from this stage.

Perfect storm of clusterfuck, we're always gonna struggle to pin it on one moment or thing and get a definite verdict from this stage.

Yup, exactly. These new inquires did a good job dismantling the original coverup, provinv that fans aren't to blame and so on. But criminal court is entirely different game, especially after 30 years.

Fabinho out is a big blow but I'm sure either Gini or Hendo dropping deeper can hold the fort until he returns.

Yup, exactly. These new inquires did a good job dismantling the original coverup, provinv that fans aren't to blame and so on. But criminal court is entirely different game, especially after 30 years.

See the British Establishment as to why it's taken 3 decades for the Crown Prosecution Service to finally be able to take this to court from something that should have been concluded and justice served when private prosecutions were bought nearly 2 decades back.

And even when it did, how any hope of a 'fair' trial was never going to be allowed from the Establishment.

A complete failure of the whole system and a serious stain forever left on the Country and the British legal system.

The wonderful David Conn is about the closest you'll get in the media to the truth of just what a sham proceedings were.

Last edited:
What a joke that the ref blew the whistle for that freekick when Adrian clearly wasnt set.

Despite Atkinsons best efforts we hang on and dare I say 11 points clear that its over?

Despite Atkinsons best efforts we hang on and dare I say 11 points clear that its over?
It’s done. City look a bit of a mess atm no leaders on the pitch either. And Guardiola looking very agitated on the side lines. Won’t be surprised if he walks soonish.

Not bad this football lark is it?

Play like dog ____ in by far and away your worst performance of the season. Lose your goalie. (No arguments there. Either with the red or the quick free kick. They changed the rules before the season so that you don't even have to ask the ref now to take a quick free kick to maintain the attacking teams advantage. It's just madly not been adhered to.). But still, find a way to do what these historically relentless Reds always do 9 times out of 10. And find a way to win the game and move 4 games clear of City.

How utterly mad is that? We've reached 40 points (Side note- Is that us safe from relegation now already?) before City have reached 30! 11 points clear of them. In November! Still trying to get my head around that. If they're 'the best side the PL has ever seen', just WHAT does that make this gang of ridiculous Reds?

I could go on about the equalling the club record unbeaten run of 31 games. Or the unbeaten home league run now extending to 47 games and counting. Or this being the best start through 14 games of any Liverpool side in the clubs 127 years of existence. Or this being the most times in a PL season we've won by 2-1. And it not even being December. And on. And on.

But I'm still a hodgepodge of emotions on the bigger picture today. Continuing to stand up to the disgrace of the last 3 decades from this Country towards us and remembering those needlessly taken from us. Just like the Arsenal FA Cup game back in 2007, I have honestly NEVER been prouder in that ground than through the first 6 minutes today. And just like that early January Saturday evening, tears were openly shed between grown men singing for those who no longer can.

Jurgen's Liverpool are F mustard. Fast on their way to becoming the best side this Country has ever witnessed.

But Jurgen's Liverpool didn't matter today in the great scheme of things.

JFT96.

It’s done. City look a bit of a mess atm no leaders on the pitch either. And Guardiola looking very agitated on the side lines. Won’t be surprised if he walks soonish.
This was always Peps weakness. Can he stay beyond a third season and still keep up his gruelling micro management upon his players. He has always walked when the going has gotten tough and its the number 1 question mark over him.

It's a comfortable lead, but with insane amount of fixtures Liverpool have in December, it can easily shrink from 11 points to 5 or something.

MOTD can go F themselves again. Just about had it with them.

Just HOW do you completely swerve the first 6 minutes? The most significant part of the whole game.

BBC Establishment shithouses.

Last edited:
Nice relaxing afternoon watching Leicester (hopefully) hammer Everton.

A Derby defeat leaving the S in the bottom three Wednesday would be perfect.

Silva has to be getting the sack any moment now. But I hope they give you a match to remember.