The Liverpool Thread

How can that decrepit, antwacky **** still empployed? 🤬

Of course he didn’t mean it...what he really meant to say was he didn’t mean to say it out loud! Despicable **** house!

Should of signed the real Lukaku 😋
He is pure chaos with excellent movement and I love it. You can tell he is raw but man once he polishes up he will be an absolute ******* livewire. Cant even call him Lukaku because at least he works hard lmao.

Really dissapointed overall as so many in the side just thought turning up was enough. Better to get the rust out the system early on and get shocked. However, I will say there was a 15 min period when we increased the tempo Fulham could not live with us until Mitrovic decided to go for a swim.

He is pure chaos with excellent movement and I love it. You can tell he is raw but man once he polishes up he will be an absolute ******* livewire. Cant even call him Lukaku because at least he works hard lmao.
Mane would of scored the 4 chances he had today 😁

Really dissapointed overall as so many in the side just thought turning up was enough. Better to get the rust out the system early on and get shocked. However, I will say there was a 15 min period when we increased the tempo Fulham could not live with us until Mitrovic decided to go for a swim.
Swim? The man was dribling past the myth and legend himself.

He might have went down easy, but VVD was reckless there.

Yep peno all day long and very poor from VVD. Very unusual mistake by his standards but Mitrovic stitched him like a kipper.

More concerning is the injury to Thiago

agree you cant dangle a leg there but I am the first to hate the concept of the modern pen. I have seen our attackers win the same kind of penalties before. Its a contact sport and it was not enough of a challenge for Mitrovic who is built like a brickhouse to go down.

agree you cant dangle a leg there but I am the first to hate the concept of the modern pen. I have seen our attackers win the same kind of penalties before. Its a contact sport and it was not enough of a challenge for Mitrovic who is built like a brickhouse to go down.

Football hasn't been a contact sport in years.
It's for poser's and lads wanting to become their own 'brand'.

Well that was a really good day in the sun out bar the actual game of togger that was *****.

Today's admin-

As utterly mad as it now is, the average points to win the PL over the last 5-years has been 95. Such has been the other-Wordly standards City and L’pool have raised the bar to. And the average wins from the last 5 PL winning seasons is 30.

So, for the purpose of this, the season's win target is again 30. And the points target 95.

Title Countdown:
0 wins down/ 30 to go.
1 point down/ 94 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run:
P 20 W 16 D 4 F 45 A 12 CS: 11.

Fair F's to Fulham. They thoroughly deserved everything they got and more today as they worked their collective backsides off for 90 minutes. When they were going down with cramps late on, I don't believe they were unduly time waisting to see out an outstanding opening day point for themselves. They were literally goosed and seizing up. So hard had they run and chased on a gorgeously hot day in the capital. I doubt they'll have much better days all season long so massive kudos to them for more than deserving a huge and unexpected point on opening day.

L'pool just weren't at the races at all from back to front. You could make a case for Harvey having an excellent cameo when he came on. (Side note- Mad how the Fulham fans roundly applauded Carvalho but have a serious level of animosity toward Harvey. 🤷🏼‍♂️). Mo was Mo. Milner's experience was the perfect sub at the perfect time to calm things down and wrestle control back for our best spell of the game. And Darwin continues his blistering start. That's 4 times I've seen him live now. Twice last season for Benfica against us. Twice in the opening two games of this season. And you can see why they've laid out what they have. He's got every trait to be one of the best pure #9's going for the next decade under our guidance. Absolutely everything you want to be a beast of a CF who's going to be an absolute super star here. Superb start to his L'pool career. Everyone else was pretty P poor. But if you can't be on it, at the VERY least, go home with a point. Which they did. Again.

So all-in-all, after such a poor overall performance, you have to be proper made up in context to come away with a point to get the league season up and running. As some lads on the opposite table on the train home pertinently said, we are proper spoiled as Liverpool fans with this team to be remotely upset at not winning a game of football. And when you look at the current unbeaten PL run of now 20 straight games and counting, that just hammers that home.

So a frustrating start to the league season but I've seen my team lift the first silverware of the season and start without a defeat in the league over the past 8 days. So it would be churlish to nark at them 2 games in.

A few side observations-

The 'Nuinez! Nunez! Nunez!' chant sounds uncannily like 'Munich! Munich! Munich!' when its sung en masse. So Old Trafford should be even more fun than usual two-weeks on Monday when that's doubtless completely misunderstood. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Why in the World have Fulham started segregating seats in the Putney End? They've never done that before. And it's made even madder by the fact that it's the only ground you go in together through the same turnstiles with, along with Brentford, the friendliest set of supporters in the entire league. Don't get that waste of taking seats and leaving them empty at all? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Two-together rail cards are the way forward. Can't believe i've never invested in one before now. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Come on West Ham tomorrow in disrupting the only other team we have an interest in, start to the season!

Up the frustrated but just getting started Reds!

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to add how super proud I was of both teams and sets of supporters today that we continued to take the knee and send a sadly STILL much needed message. 😍😍

Reading the amount of L'pool fans on-line who somehow continue to completely miss the point about the reasons behind the players simple symbol of solidarity for anyone oppressed or abused in any way, shape or form (or in many cases, just wilfully ignore it to push their own F up agenda), hammered home the need for the players to continue to use their unique platform for good.

You can't applaud them enough for their continued stance. 👏🏻👏🏻

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to add how super proud I was of both teams and sets of supporters today that we continued to take the knee and send a sadly STILL much needed message. 😍😍

Reading the amount of L'pool fans on-line who somehow continue to completely miss the point about the reasons behind the players simple symbol of solidarity for anyone oppressed or abused in any way, shape or form (or in many cases, just wilfully ignore it to push their own F up agenda), hammered home the need for the players to continue to use their unique platform for good.

You can't applaud them enough for their continued stance. 👏🏻👏🏻
However, it is only for this match and selected others this season, that has been agreed by the players as they have realised that taking the knee every week was not making an impact anymore.

The last few words there mate are exactly why it is still so important for them to do it.

The last few words there mate are exactly why it is still so important for them to do it.
It also points to a need to not over do it. Limiting the amount of times they take the knee will have a much bigger impact than doing it every game. Fans get bored of having to put up with the gesture every game so are growing less interested, when fans get bored you get the reactions which have become all to common over the last few months.

It also points to a need to not over do it. Limiting the amount of times they take the knee will have a much bigger impact than doing it every game. Fans get bored of having to put up with the gesture every game so are growing less interested, when fans get bored you get the reactions which have become all to common over the last few months.

Completely and utterly disagree mate.

A small, symbolic gesture over a matter of seconds impacts nothing on games/ the fan experience, and, in the main outside of certain fanbases, it's continually well received by the match-going support.

The typically lame reactions this week on SM highlight exactly why it's so important to continue with IMHO. Ignorance is one thing.
Continued wilful ignorance is a whole other. Many have patently learned nothing over the last few seasons.

The more the players use the unique platform they have been afforded, the more future generations will be influenced to not go down the same intolerance path of those that have been so against this simple, symbolic gesture right through to their own continued, seriously F up ends.

Completely and utterly disagree mate.

A small, symbolic gesture over a matter of seconds impacts nothing on games/ the fan experience, and, in the main outside of certain fanbases, it's continually well received by the match-going support.

The typically lame reactions this week on SM highlight exactly why it's so important to continue with IMHO. Ignorance is one thing.
Continued wilful ignorance is a whole other. Many have patently learned nothing over the last few seasons.

The more the players use the unique platform they have been afforded, the more future generations will be influenced to not go down the same intolerance path of those that have been so against this simple, symbolic gesture right through to their own continued, seriously F up ends.
Who are we to decide what is correct, clearly the player's themselves who have made this decision have decided that it is time to look for alternatives. All gestures etc when constantly used lose their impact over time that point has been reached as far as the players are concerned, the individuals who boo etc aren't going to change their view just because a highly paid footballer decides to take a knee at the begining of a game. Yes in the begining it made people stop and think but sometimes it is better to move on when you can. Education is what is needed now not a gesture, the players can be a part of that education by working within their communities and amongst the fanbase not just of their own clubs but sports community as a whole.