The Liverpool Thread

Poor finishing all season cost us. I said it before and I'll say it again. You cant win a title needing to outscore the opposition. We play with no control and the one thing I could always bag on us to do well in was the transition. Apart from Salah who is in poor form and Jota the rest of the forwards are incredibly wasteful. So disheartening because it's been a Herculean effort from the players getting this far in a season of rebuild. Just sucks that we've most likely tripped at the final hurdle.
Maybe ran out of gas? Players do look tired.

Maybe ran out of gas? Players do look tired.
I dont think ran out of gas it's that we are ahead of schedule. This is klopp 2.0 or was supposed to be, the pressure at this stage of the season is insane plus knowing its klopps farewell tour. Snatching at chances and not being composed in front of goals is a sign of a young team.

Snatching at chances and not being composed in front of goals is a sign of a young team.

It's mad that the average age of the Liverpool squad is 25.7.
Identical to the Manchester United squad in 95/96 who won the league and outscored all other teams with 73 goals.

It's mad that the average age of the Liverpool squad is 25.7.
Identical to the Manchester United squad in 95/96 who won the league and outscored all other teams with 73 goals.
Everton would beat that united squad. What's your point and yes i'm salty.

Come on Arsenal and City!

Two major, draining semi games against each other would be just the ticket.

Come on Arsenal and City!

Two major, draining semi games against each other would be just the ticket.
nah momentum is important in football. Having them out will demoralise them I hope and as we saw with ourselves you don't want to lose as it shows theirs a ***** in the armor.

Proper weird feeling to be waking up at home on a European away day at home and not soaking up the Bergamo sun.

After all the excitement for the Europa League in the summer, which 9/10 ****** all over the CL as a travelling supporter with all the boss, new trips to little places you invariably would never go, this run has been an absolute nightmare. The City’s have been brilliant trips. But the **** little grounds with **** poor allocations have taken ALL the fun out of it. If you’d have told me the first game in Linz would have been the biggest allocation of the run, I’d have laughed at you. But that 1300 at Lask seems heaven now as they’ve just got smaller and smaller from there on in. Culminating in the absolute joke of an allocation tonight of 750 at Atalanta. 5337 TOTAL allocation across 5 games. It’s been an absolute niggtmare with many really good Reds missing out along the way. Losing credits therein. Trying vainly to box lads and having them miss has been super stressful and taken all the enjoyment out of it. Tonight, we had a whopping 2 out of our regular 8/9 qualify. With a further 2 of us that had 23/24 game criteria dipping out the late second sale after players returns which went in seconds. IF we get through this evening, the semi is the only decent game of the whole run where everyone will be boxed given the **** show of final that Dublin will be.

This year, the Europa League can PROPER do one!!!!! 🤬

Which to all intent and purposes, after L’pool never turned up last week, it looks like it will. But footballs a funny old game as someone once said. Absolutely anything can happen over 90 mins togger. And this football club does football miracles on the weekly more than any other football club ever has. So it would be a brave man to lay down money that we are out of Europe already.

This could turn into one of, if not the, greatest Euro away we’ve ever played.

Or it could continue the current malaise with the wheels well and truly off our season …..

I think I’ll not cancel the semi and final holiday leave and Dublin rooms just yet …..

Straight into these Redmen!

UTR. FTT!!!!!

I'd have liked Jota starting but that's as strong as it gets. With serious fire power off the bench. Darwin causing havoc from 60 is a great option. Which, BTW, if we are 1-0 up on 60, would be a brilliant position to be in. No need to panic. No need to rush things. Even if it's say 2-0 on 80. Time is of the essence. Let them do the panicking.

Devoed I can't be there to have an affect. But proper buzzing for this now.

NOBODY does football miracles like we do.

Let's have another boys! Straight into these!

lack of urgency and clearly the players are lacking confidence but this is the beginning of the season type **** and points to tactics for me. This time individual brilliance wont save us as the confidence is gone. The counter press is also gone and the lack of width is apparent from this inverted bs *****, I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't know how we are going to push City playing like this.

lack of urgency and clearly the players are lacking confidence but this is the beginning of the season type **** and points to tactics for me. This time individual brilliance wont save us as the confidence is gone. The counter press is also gone and the lack of width is apparent from this inverted bs *****, I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't know how we are going to push City playing like this.
your not but nither is any 1 else now there out of the cl

Sleeping on that hasn’t helped. Save for the 5 days holiday I’ll get back from cancelling the semi and final leave, and being able to cancel rooms without charge (the Dublin flights were negligible under 60 notes that you can stand), not too many positives to rescue from the preverbal game of two halves.

Klopp Farewell Tour:
19 games down/ 6 to go.
P 19 W 13 D 2 L 4 F 49 A 24 CS: 4

1 trophy down/ 1 to go. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

L’pool were the better side the first period. Perfect start full of pace and vigour with the goal. Just a smidgeon off with final balls after really good, quick, inventive build-up play. Gakpo superb dictating the play. He was really unlucky not to get on the end of a few moves. And his touch that just failed to net Diaz the second was sublime. Everything going perfectly and 1 would have been perfect at HT. Then Cody plays Mo through and the whole night changed ….. Shocking and ultimately real costly miss. I mean he does everything right. Try’s to take it on the bounce over the outrushing goalie. But the execution was utter S. Not the easiest chance. But one a L’pool and PL all time great should and has to score from.

And that was that.

Atalanta took massive confidence from it, stepped up there game with superb high pressing, swarming us and leaving no passing lanes, and we completely run out of ideas in a frankly spineless, damp squib of a second-half to go out of Europe in the meekest, possible way.

Super frustrating and very annoying from a game that could have been won. Full credit to Atalanta. Their game-plan was superb for at least three of those halves and they fully deserved progression. But with the utmost respect, hardly a great side to crash out to.

But thats past. I’ve slept on it and I’ll not let it ruin my Friday. Like friends, and every other Red waking up in Bergamo this morning, you forget the game and get back out on the ale and great scran and have a boss, fun day enjoying the rest of your trip in a boss City with yer mates. If you do a Euro away for the football, you are doing it totally wrong. So I’ll take the same principle and move on to Fulham. You learn to deal with a completely different perspective when you’re long in the tooth actually going the game.

So to that end, the win and clean sheet are added bonuses for confidence that has bizarrely drained the last 3 or 4 matches. And Tuesday showed yet again that this City side is vulnerable and Arsenal are a terrible, clueless team if they have to play from behind. Hopefully both their confidences took a knock this week too.

There’s twists and turns to come yet in this title race and as down as you may feel this AM, rest assured Arsenal and City fans are asking their own questions and having there own doubts about their respective teams.

6 game sprint to the line. 2 points between the thee teams. Anyone from any club writing themselves out with 18 points still on the board, with anything that could happen, is being very reactionary and naive to be kind.

Last night stopped the winless rot. 6 more massive wins Liverpool and we’ll see where it leaves us.

Live in hope. Die in despair.

UTR!. FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Arsenal have done their job to start their massive week with a win. Now to start ours in the same vein.

Atalanta’s gone. We now have 6 games left with Jurgen before one of the greatest and most enjoyable 8-year periods in our lives comes to an end. 6 games where we are right in the thick of a title race after another outstanding season battling against the odds.

I don’t know anyone going to Fulham today (or the City's collective feeling come to that. Soz abar us if you don't get it but its hard to keep us down for long), who isn’t totally up for this looking at one thing and one thing only. Another win on the way to (hopefully) #20. If City and Arsenal also win out, then fair F’s to them. Nobody who supports Jurgen and his boys week in, week out at the match will be annoyed or narking at them. There won’t have been much more they could have done this year in the face of everything they’ve had put in their way and we couldn’t be prouder regardless.

But, as this past week has shown, Arsenal and City also have their issues and are nowhere near infallible. So there’s equally as much chance of them dropping points as ourselves. Its absolute naive folly to rule any of the three out in this 6 game sprint to the line with one game separating them and 18 points left on the board.

Thursday ended our mini-winless streak. Now to build on that and win out.

My main concern/ fear today, is getting down and over the river early to avoid the other mob on their way to Wembley. Hopefully that doesn’t go ET and they aren’t hanging round Euston later when we get back. But I digress …..

6 more games of this magical ride with Klopp which I honestly wouldn’t change a single second of.

People can choose to relish every last second of that and enjoy the last 6 games regardless of where we ultimately finish.

Or they can choose to feel sorry for themselves and nark about every last thing.

All I do know is if you choose the latter, you are missing out massively on what has been the collective time of our lives this past, wondrous 8 years. And frankly, Jurgen has then taught you absolutely NOTHING about being a collective part of this and what supporting this football club and the journey is all about. Through good and bad.

The season PROPER starts now!

Last edited:
Can anyone explain the Fulham fans booing Elliott? He played 2 games for them :ROFLMAO: Imagine getting that wound up by a kid leaving to join his dream club, and at a decent fee for his age!

Can anyone explain the Fulham fans booing Elliott? He played 2 games for them :ROFLMAO: Imagine getting that wound up by a kid leaving to join his dream club, and at a decent fee for his age!
Didnt they get ****** with the tribunal?

For a team that apparently isn’t in a title race and has no chance of winning the league (STOP laughing at the back), that was another belter day out with the Jurgen’s Red Army.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
22 wins down/ 5 to go. (Adjusted from pre-season target of 30 wins.).
74 points down/ 15 to go.
(Adjusted from pre-season target of 93 points.).

Klopp Farewell Tour:
20 games down/ 5 to go.
P 20 W 14 D 2 L 4 F 52 A 25 CS: 4

1 trophy down/ 1 to go. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 4 W 3 D 1 F 10 A 4 CS: 1

Yanno’, I said last week, among all the ridiculous, WAY OTT negativity on-line (see above), that I didn’t know anyone going to Fulham (or back home watching for that matter), who wasn’t totally up for the title fight. And the away end bore that out yesterday with song after song. Culminating, with gusto, of rousing renditions of ‘’We’re gonna’ win the Football League AGAIN!/ ….. And now you’re gonna’ believe us, We’re gonna’ win the League!’….. Now, we might not win out. Or we might win out, and still fall a smidgeon short. But the point is we are RIGHT in a title fight and we believe in our team.

Superb from L’pool on the pitch. Not perfect by any means. But the pressure of a run-in rarely is. Atalanta put down the foundations getting us out of that short losing blip. And yesterday took that on another level to getting back to the dominant L’pool we all know and love. I was fuming at HT that a moment of self-inflicted carelessness undid all the good first-half work. But that second half was as good as anything in weeks. Belter goals. Dominance in most every facet. Klopp superb again at HT. Back joint top the league. Away days don’t get much better.

Its mad to think, for all the OTT narking on-line that went way beyond just going out of Europe, we are two wins away from coming out of this massive week with FOUR straight away wins. Not too shabby for a team in ‘crisis’ aye? 🤦‍♂️

Oh, Euston was far more peaceful than feared. With the Mancs on our train home not too bad. What I learnt from them ….. They pretty much hate life at the minute. 🤣 They want the manager gone. They are mixed on Ratcliffe as he gave the Glazers an out and kept them in power. They absolutely detest Rashford, one of their own lest we forget, with a passion. And they hate the title race as they don’t want any of the three to win the league. All this after, albeit shambolically, reaching another Cup Final! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 And some of our fans think we have problems ….. 🤦‍♂️

Arsenal started their massive week with a win. We’ve now stepped up and matched. Time to really put the pressure on City by going 4 clear of them Wednesday.

‘The Big Six’ now becomes the ‘The Big Five.’ One down, two to go in the pivotal league week of L’pool’s season

The manger believes. The players believe. Everyone at the match believes. The question is, if you don’t, do you want to stop fealing sorry for yourselves and enjoy this ride to its fullest like the rest of us?

I know what I’d rather do.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Just reading Jurgen talking about how his understanding of the importance of the Derby has changed as he prepares for last one.

If you are from/ still live in the City, this is still main fixture you look first for every year/ want to win. I get with the Worldwide fanbase it's Utd. That's all relative to who you come across on a daily basis I guess. In our World, it's the bitters. And 'bitter' is the operative word when it comes to the vast majority of the Blue S now. That's where the Derby's changed. The unity of growing up , the pride in Everton being a part in this being the Country's most successful football City, has all gone. Made even sadder given the support we got from them after Sheffield when the City was united against the rest of the Country. Related sidenote- The memory of them singing 'Always the victims ....' back on Easter Monday 2001 in the Gary Mac derby springs instantly to mind there. Which got the appropriate response of 'You're NOT Scousers anymore!' And many of them openly want to lose to Utd if it affects us. Seriously weird, F up breed they've become. Don't get me wrong, the rivalry was always intense. And it could get naughty on the day the '70's and '80;s. But there was nothing like the outright hatred and bitterness that makes it often our ugliest fixture every season now when we go across the park.

The worse Everton have got on the park, the more their obsessive hatred for everything L'pool has grown as they have nothing else left in their miserable little lives. All underpinned by some irrational assertion that we deprived them of European dominance back in 1985 on that faithful night in Brussels that blights our storied history. (Forget the fact that the very same Everton side, set for World domination lest we forget, with the addition of the best English CF of the time, finished second to us in both league and cup the season after. Mere details to a good blue yarn ..... ), And it manifests itself in the Derby ever year which has literally become their Cup Final. I swear down there's blues that would be quite happy if they went down so long as they beat us and deprived us winning the league! That's how seriously F up they have become in their unhealthy L'pool obsession. (Sidenote- I don't know many Reds now who don't crave for them to not only go down, but go into administration and fold given the serious financial S they are in. The last game of last season was a prime example down at Southampton with everyone down for that bank holiday weekend for a big Everton relegation party. Very few were that interested in our game with the Everton game on the telly under the stands. Sadly, they survived yet again and deprived us of what could well have been one of the most joyous and best away ends ever. But I digress .....).

And tonight will be no exception. The really good thing about winning Sunday, aside from it keeping our very serious title charge on-track, was, with the Ev now, to all intents and purpose safe again, that we didn't get beat to end the league tilt and have them taking the P out of us tonight. What it does is sets up a belter away end doing the opposite to them with a fired up team on the park. Coming out should be as 'fun' as always after. But I seriously can't wait to get stuck into these and ruin there miserable little lives yet again until the first Derby of next season.

Straight into this shower of utter S Redmen!!!!! We've a league to win!!!!!

Last edited:

David Ornstein

@David_Ornstein
·
🚨
Liverpool negotiating with Feyenoord today having made Arne Slot preferred choice. #LFC keen to show Feyenoord total respect + also in contact with Slot - 45yo enthusiastic about potential move. Still other candidates but Slot main target @TheAthleticFC

Adam Crafton

@AdamCrafton_
·
NEW: Liverpool’s opening offer for Arne Slot was €9m. Feyernoord declining this as they negotiate hard for an improved offer for the man Liverpool have decided is their leader contender to replace Jurgen Klopp. Talks continue. Story @TheAthleticFC