The Liverpool Thread

Dont usually comment during half time but rinse and repeat. Start slow not helped by the ref blowing any time Ev players fall over, and then we concede and proceed to miss chance after chance. Oh, what I would do for a prime Firmino calm and composure in the box right now. Atleast he can control the ball...

It was unsustainable the way we was playing for the past couple of months. Ive said it before but the tactics and how we play just hurts us as we have no control. Forwards have stunk up the place, just hurts more because the collapse has happened so late.

Edit:
Klopp and the coaches have to take the hit for this, and I'll always love Klopp but Im tired of the Btec Pep ball we have tried to play the past 18 months that just doesn't suit the players we have IMO. Any time we have looked at our best this season is when we have reverted to playing direct and quick. You have a striker who likes to play on the shoulder and quick one twos yet were doing 1 2s with this triangle useless midfield until Trent comes in and then the opp defence resets. Salah is at his best inside yet we ask him to hug the touchline to hold the only width we have and we wonder why he is snatching at the chances he gets. I could go on and on about the tactical failures but it's so tiring seeing the same things. Its sad to say but a fresh idea is needed with the squad and some hard decisions will be made this summer.

Last edited:
It was unsustainable the way we was playing for the past couple of months. Ive said it before but the tactics and how we play just hurts us as we have no control. Forwards have stunk up the place, just hurts more because the collapse has happened so late.

Edit:
Klopp and the coaches have to take the hit for this, and I'll always love Klopp but Im tired of the Btec Pep ball we have tried to play the past 18 months that just doesn't suit the players we have IMO. Any time we have looked at our best this season is when we have reverted to playing direct and quick. You have a striker who likes to play on the shoulder and quick one twos yet were doing 1 2s with this triangle useless midfield until Trent comes in and then the opp defence resets. Salah is at his best inside yet we ask him to hug the touchline to hold the only width we have and we wonder why he is snatching at the chances he gets. I could go on and on about the tactical failures but it's so tiring seeing the same things. Its sad to say but a fresh idea is needed with the squad and some hard decisions will be made this summer.
It’s ok. Next season you will have the next “Dutch fraud” 😋

Last edited:
That one will take some proper getting over.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
22 wins down/ 4 to go. (Adjusted from pre-season target of 30 wins.)
74 points down/ 12 to go. (Adjusted from pre-season target of 93 points.).

Klopp Farewell Tour:
21 games down/ 4 to go.
P 21 W 14 D 2 L 5 F 52 A 27 CS: 4

1 trophy down/ 1 to go. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I can count on less than one hand the amount of times you’ve left a ground these past 8 and a half years under Jurgen where you’ve been fuming and let down by his team. Disappointed and frustrated at results not going your way at times naturally. But there was always something positive to take where you could see what they were trying to do and rarely have you been able to fault them for their effort. Never had they left you feeling they had cheated you …..Last night sadly left you feeling that.

Forget the league assault for the moment that is now hanging by a thread. This was the Derby. The single biggest game in this City each and every year. If you aren’t from here/ still live here, you probably won’t fully understand and appreciate the magnitude of the Derby. I’m writing this before what will be a LONG work day full of gloating, mocking blues who you couldn’t begin to understand unless you live and work side-by-side with them. And all summer long they won’t be shy of reminding us that we lost the league at Goodison Park if we fall short in 4 games time. The Derby man. The one game that matters here more than any other. Except last night, for L’pool, it didn’t seemingly matter in what was an absolutely atrocious outing where Everton disgracefully wanted it more than we did. Which is beyond unacceptable. Players can have off days and get beat. But to be out fought and out worked is an absolute disgrace on every last one of them. FULL credit to the Ev. They totally deserved their victory. But L’pool should be hanging their collective heads in shame as they let every last one of us down with that pathetically anaemic, passionless outing. Disgraceful in every respect. I can’t remember a Derby performance from us so limp and bad since Hodgson’s embarrassment. ‘Cheated’ for the first time under Jurgen is the word.

This one will take some PROPER getting over.

But the one thing we do have, to help to that end, that will have us getting up at the crack of dawn and on a 6:43 AM rattler Sat’day morning, is 4 games left with the best fella’ to lead our club we could ever wish to have at the helm. A man who’s teams, regardless of how this already brilliant season that has FAR surpassed everyones expectations finishes, have left us with countless memories money just can not buy, that we’ll be talking about for decades to come, from an 8 and a half year wondrous journey that I personally wouldn’t change ANY part of for the World. Good or bad. A man not from here who we are proud to class as one of own, who just gets us. And one of our all time very best.

Congratulations to Everton. They fully deserved the spoils last night and earned the right to skit the living P out of us.

But we are still so lucky and blessed to have 4 games left with our guy before the emotional parting of our ways.

Our title charge may be clinging by its fingernails. With the dark mood of last nights S/show hanging over us. But having those 4 games left to share with and thank him for everything is what keeps you going and doing what you do for this football club.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Don't know much about the guy.
Just checked his credentials there... 1 Eredivisie, one domestic cup and runner up in the conference league.

They'd be taking a punt, that's for sure.

‘Sake! 🤦‍♂️

1714144290603.png

The Ev in a nutshell.

Last edited:
That was another really frustrating day where L’pool were, again, as they have been through most of the late season run of poor results, by far the better team overall. Who self-inflicted the win away. With the help, yet again, of atrocious officiating.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
22 wins down/ 3 to go. (Adjusted from pre-season target of 30 wins.).
75 points down/ 9 to go.
(Adjusted from pre-season target of 93 points.).

Klopp Farewell Tour:
22 games down/ 3 to go.
P 22 W 14 D 3 L 5 F 54 A 29 CS: 4

1 trophy down/ 1 to go. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Football aye?

They play well again. Everton aside, which was an absolute disgrace, they play well, and are the far better side, against United and Palace. And now West Ham. Yet here we are, having dropped 7 points from those games coming away with only 2 draws. All self-inflicted and all avoidable. Super frustrating but thats football and here we are.

The first half yesterday was a proper snooze fest. Like the last game of pre-season where players are just getting through without wanting to get hurt. All played out in a sterile atmosphere down to both the worst KO time possible (Just before 6 AM I left the house yesterday), for a game played in an absolute joke of an athletics stadium where you are a million miles from the pitch. And split up with large, open sections between the upper and lower. Luton aside, worst ground the PL and its not even close. West Ham are no threat at all first-half. And then they go to sleep on HT and throw that away on a ridiculous, amateur goal from a corner to concede. He gets into them HT, the intensity level goes up markedly, and they dominate the second half with more than enough chances to win. But lady luck and poor execution is again costly. And then, like Palace, they have 5 mins off, and West Ham get gifted another amateur goal you’d bllck a Sunday League side for.

Another game they play well, are the better side, but beat themselves and come away with nothing. Super frustrating end to what has been an absolutely outstanding era from one of the best managers ….. nay, individual, this football club has ever had the privilege to hire and lead us. Our manager. Our mate. (Love that he was out on the ale Thursday mixing with folk and apologising for the Derby.). A man not from here, who shares the exact same values of us who just gets us and what managing this behemoth of a club is all about. A man we are proud to call our own and who will leave a massive void in many peoples lives when we say that tearful farewell in three games time.

The league is now hanging by the preverbal thread. But for all the absolute utter wham being spouted on-line, this L’pool side, which, lest we forget, had a completely rebuilt midfield this season, along with major injures all year long that would have finished Arsenal and City, can still finish over 80 points. And the significance there is Arsenal last year, and now more than likely this, are the only other side in the last 5 seasons, if we all top 80 this season, outside of ourselves (4 times), and City (3 times), to top 80 points. Arne Slot is taking over a TOP squad here. Let’s put it this way. If he tops 80, 4 out of 5 seasons, there's every chance he’ll have a few more titles to his name. Jurgen is leaving us in the best possible situation. Which is night and day to the one he inherited and has completely rebuilt from scratch. TWICE over.

I’d be remiss to not talk on Anthony Taylor’s latest disgrace that MOTD did brilliantly to highlight how he was repeatedly telling the goalie to play on ….. only to S it when Gakpo picks up on the mistake and he then madly cheats and tells him to go down to cover his own mistake. If we want to talk about L’pool throwing games away, then it can’t not be said that the worst officiating ever seen in this league hasn’t also cost them the title if that's how it ends up.

The Tottenham disgrace was bad enough, but the two stonewall penos alone against Arsenal and City still would have us three points clear at the top of Arsenal, and 4 of City. And Arsenal can legit look at the Newcastle game too for their shockingly blatant, VERY costly, officiating moment. Only club 115 has benefited all season. If Arsenal, or less likely now L’pool, win this league, they are winning the least credible PL there's ever been so even greater props to them for overcoming all that.

Anyway, three games left to celebrate the best person to happen to this football club since his Scottish equal back in ‘59. It’s getting more emotional by the game as the long goodbye nears its sad conclusion.

But I personally wouldn’t want three more days out with ANY other person on the planet.

UTR. FTT!!!!!

Last edited:

Why the very best in the business Edwards is back running the football operation. Assembling the very best men he trusts around him.

And why, without knowing anything about Arne Slot until this all broke a week or so back, I'm perfectly sound and safe in the knowledge that he'll be the best possible coaching candidate out there to fit with our squad and ethos if he's the man Edwards has personally identified and head hunted.

Jurgen's leaving the club in the best possible position it could be. And we are making sure we are putting the very best people in place, who fit us perfectly, to evolve yet again and stay ahead of the football curve.

Tottenham deserved/ were robbed blind/ cheated out of a draw there. Thats now cost them millions.

But from a purely selfish point of view, that secures CL football for next year which is a major achievement in itself in the context of a transitional season with everything we've had to overcome.

Why the very best in the business Edwards is back running the football operation. Assembling the very best men he trusts around him.

And why, without knowing anything about Arne Slot until this all broke a week or so back, I'm perfectly sound and safe in the knowledge that he'll be the best possible coaching candidate out there to fit with our squad and ethos if he's the man Edwards has personally identified and head hunted.

Jurgen's leaving the club in the best possible position it could be. And we are making sure we are putting the very best people in place, who fit us perfectly, to evolve yet again and stay ahead of the football curve.
People will say he's a yes man for agreeing with the way the heirachy has been set up but this model is what needs to be done to avoid signing Anthony's and co. Love Klopp but considering the "hit" pieces Edwards and his team were putting out when he left it makes sense to move away from one man calls the shots. Although I'm aware it wasn't always like this with Klopp but towards the end, we clearly had certain signings signed/avoided and contract extensions handed out that would never been done under Edwards. In terms of Slot I'm not gonna sit here and say I've watched his team play but after Alonso who was the standout candidate I would be lying if I said I wasn't underwhelmed.

Sound with Mo staying. The perfect scenario would be for him to finish his career here and go down as the best we've ever had. He's been completely off it like since his injury. But he is still one of both the PL and LFC's GOAT players lest we forget. Who, even in a season where he's had a terrible last 4/ 5 moths by his own phenomenal standards, has still scored 24 goals and set up 12 others. 36 goal involvements through just 41 games is not something you want to off load when he's rarely injured and can be relied upon week-on-week. You don't jettison an absolute legend, who's one of the leaders in the changies who the other players look up to and rely on, on a whim down to a poor run of form which looks more and more like he was rushed back too early after injury.

For all the utter wham thrown at them through the frustration of how April has gone, both Mo and Darwin will be vital components going forward. One entering the back end of his career. The other just starting who will be our # 9 for the long haul. Which is why we paid the mega money we did for Nunez. You are playing the long game on his undoubted traits. When he puts everything together, he's an absolutely unplayable CF as he's shown in spells. Just a matter of development and ironing everything out. Even now, in a season where he seems to have a locked in radar of hitting the goalie, he's still bagged 18 and assisted 13. 31 goal involvements at this stage isn't something to be sniffed at. And he's also hit the woodwork another 12 times.

Everything is there with Darwin. Just a matter of it all coming together.

Last edited:
Now it's 'official' with Tottenham's defeat, next season's joke Champions League schedule-

• League draw – August 29
  • Matchday 1: September 17-19
  • Matchday 2: October 1/2
  • Matchday 3: October 22/23
  • Matchday 4: November 5/6
  • Matchday 5: November 26/27
  • Matchday 6: December 10/11
  • Matchday 7: January 21/22
  • Matchday 8: January 29
  • Play-off draw – January 31
  • Knockout play-offs: February 11/12 and 18/19
  • Last 16/quarter-final/semi-final draw – February 21
  • Last 16: March 4/5 and 11/12
  • Quarter-final: April 8/9 and 15/16
  • Semi-final: April 29/30 and May 6/7
  • Final: May 31 (Munich)
European Super League in all but name. UEFA played a smoke and mirrors blinder by letting everyone get riled up over the ESL proposals. Whilst they snuck their own in through the backdoor.

You just hope from a supporter standpoint one of the aways is a nightmare trip like Naples or Turin nobody wants to go on which will make it easier to swerve. There won't be many that will, or more so can, do all 4 aways before the knock-outs. With maybe a fifth if you are in the playoffs. It's bad enough you now have an extra home game/ two games to pay for at full whack. Which prices will now return to after the drop in the EL league. But we are expected to just shoulder it and keep on shelling out for increase after increase. Match day one over 3 days can do one too!

Somethings gonna' have to give. This is getting beyond ridiculous now. 17 games. Nearly half a league season to go all the way in the CL. But UEFA are all about player welfare and fans right? (STOP laughing at the back.). I love the League Cup. Always has been one of my favourite competitions. There's only three domestic trophies you can win in England every season and that's one of them. Used to love the two-legged second round where you'd get to go to a lower league ground you elsewhere rarely would. Day out at a final in the early spring, securing European football if you win it. What's NOT to love there as a supporter? This season gave us well arguably this football clubs greatest ever final triumph in any competition given the context of financial disparity between our kids and Chelsea's billionaires. I certainly don't know anyone that's ever been prouder watching us win silverware. And I'm talking seasoned reds who've seen us win it all. A mightily fitting last piece of silverware for Jurgen to lift in the context of how that played out. But it's getting to the point where clubs need to bin this off permanently. Or at the least, turn around to the Football League and say if you want us to enter, you need to let us use it as a development tournament and put out full academy sides if we so choose. And the two legged semi nonsense needs to go as well ASAP. Disgraceful that remains for another season. There's just too many games that are putting players welfare at serious risk and not only shortening careers massively. They are damaging the overall product as legs are going all over. There's never been as many muscle injuries and game time lost to injury as there has this season right across the board in the PL.

Doing away with FA Cup replays is a major step in the right direction. Extra-time needs to go next too with games going straight to peno's. But this expanded UEFA Super League ...... Sorry, Champions League, surely has to bring about the tipping point where something has to give going forward. And if we lose the LC, so be it. It can't continue like this.

The direction of travel of football right now, on and off the pitch. is excessively concerning for everyone concerned.

Last edited: