The Liverpool Thread

I have just realised two small blemishes on our otherwise perfect season thus far.

The only team to take points off us: United
The team who scored most goals against us in one game: Everton

I guess that will give them something to brag about if that stays the same come the end of the season ?

NO stone left unturned in the pursuit of excellence.

But Klopp's just a chest-thumping rah rah guy who hugs people. ;)

For the second time in this gloriously historic season, let's hear from the Liverpool 'Manager' .....

Proper looking forward to this. Mad to me how people have been so quick to dismiss us as being out of the Cup. Shrewsbury will have never experienced anything like a sold-out Anfield under the lights. And if the support is anything like the outstanding, 90 minutes solid vocal the young guns got down at Villa, the arl place will be rocking behind them. Should be another really enjoyable, fun ride with the kids who've far outshone themselves already this season and done every last one of us and themselves so proud.

*Sings 'We're on the march with Critchley's Army .....'

Up the next step to the quintuple Reds!

For the second time in this gloriously historic season, let's hear from the Liverpool 'Manager' .....

Proper looking forward to this. Mad to me how people have been so quick to dismiss us as being out of the Cup. Shrewsbury will have never experienced anything like a sold-out Anfield under the lights. And if the support is anything like the outstanding, 90 minutes solid vocal the young guns got down at Villa, the arl place will be rocking behind them. Should be another really enjoyable, fun ride with the kids who've far outshone themselves already this season and done every last one of us and themselves so proud.

*Sings 'We're on the march with Critchley's Army .....'

Up the next step to the quintuple Reds!
Yet the FA has decided that it will not produce the game today so there will be no television feeds. I mean if they want to be unreasonable and against the interests of those that they represent then sure go ahead with it. I'm sure broadcasters were lining up wanted to show this game but no the FA wanted to be petty I guess.

BUt LiVERpOoL ArE DIsResPEcTinG tHE fA cUP.

Now where is the disrespect at! What a cracking performance from the young lads.

I was just coming in to say the same .....

That would be your World Champion Liverpool Football Club disrespecting the FA Cup.

Oh the absolute fume when that backfired on all the social media gobshites tonight. Not least, and utterly madly, the L'pool 'fans' out there who were shouting about how we'd given up on the FA Cup. Time to give your heads a SERIOUS F wobble!

Absolutely buzzing after that.

Outstanding, composed display back-to-front in a game Shrewsbury barely troubled us. MASSIVE props to Critchley and his charges on a really enjoyable Anfield night. Interspersed with the absolutely bizarre, and TOTALLY wrong, use of VAR in one leg of the tie and not the other. Yes. We benefited. Yes, I'm sure the Shrewsbury goal probably was offside. But when VAR is used in one game and not the other, it's a complete and utter joke and makes a complete mockery of the whole competition. So much so I barely even celebrated after their goal was chalked off down to the absolute absurdity of it all. Not least the well over 2-minute wait to get to that point. But that aside, what another brilliantly fun night watching the kids put grown men to shame. From Curtis jones becoming the youngest ever captain in our 128-year storied history, and putting in a dominant, commanding Captains display leading from the front ..... through Adam Lewis having a superb debut at LB displaying the wand of a left foot that's had those of us who watch the youth levels closely telling everyone that will listen 'Yers think Yasser's good? Wait until Lewis is back fit! He's heading the pack to back-up AndyRobbo' ..... Neco Williams the other side showing again why he's now the defacto back-up to Trent in another superb display .....Sepp looking WAY more composed now he knows what to expect at a full Anfield the more he experiences it. With his Dutch compadre Hoever as classy as ever alongside him ..... one of the totally unheralded jewels at Kirkby, Leighton Clarkson, who's being developed as a playmaking 6 the way we desire, having a great full debut ..... Liam Millar running himself into the ground for the team on his full debut ..... and all points in between from anyone I've not mentioned. Proper Liverpudlian heroes the lot of them.

Just another superb night following, for tonight, Critchley's Reds as they stride on toward Wembley and the final piece in what we hope will be a historic quintuple.

And all the first team rightly keeping the integrity of the mid-season break with our manager standing up for EVERY player at EVERY club and making sure it was fully adhered to and much-needed rest, mental as much as physical, acquired for the stresses still to come.

Just a shame, as d noted, the FA were THAT petty as to not allow any official broadcast and more couldn't have experienced in the ridiculously talented lads we have knocking HARD on the first-team door.

To play with the Blue Shites song before the 3rd round ...... *Sings 'Go to school, are we ****, We're gonna' win the Cup!'

Roll on Chelsea.

Up Critchley's Creche Reds!

Last edited:
WAIT! That was the youngest competitive side ever fielded in our entire history? For the second time this season. 7 teenagers and 3 debutants!

Who's just put a team of experienced, grown men in there place?

What a F Football Club this is!

What a bunch of disrespectful btards them Scouse C are!

Last edited:
is it not up to the manger as to what side he puts out plus are the fa not being a bit disrespectful to to the shrews by not any 1 show the game so that could get a good cut of the tv money that would have made them a shed load but it is the fa so why have a winter brack but then say replays have to be played in it plus have you lot not won the league yet jesus whats taking you lot sooooooooooooooooooooooo long lol

is it not up to the manger as to what side he puts out plus are the fa not being a bit disrespectful to to the shrews by not any 1 show the game so that could get a good cut of the tv money that would have made them a shed load but it is the fa so why have a winter brack but then say replays have to be played in it plus have you lot not won the league yet jesus whats taking you lot sooooooooooooooooooooooo long lol

Here's a rational man who fully gets it.

As to the highlighted, we're hanging on for Goodison or City just to send the fume off the charts. :cool:

Here's a rational man who fully gets it.

As to the highlighted, we're hanging on for Goodison or City just to send the fume off the charts. :cool:
lol that would be off the chain mental if you won it at goodison my god but would allso fun if you won it against city but just not as funny

Curious if Pep stays another season to try to fight the red machine, or if he moves to another league where he can dominate just by spending bags of money.