The Liverpool Thread

Curious if Pep stays another season to try to fight the red machine, or if he moves to another league where he can dominate just by spending bags of money.
There where just comment from him. Something on CL, that CIty is still missing it and if this year he will not be able to bring it in there is always next year.

Curious if Pep stays another season to try to fight the red machine, or if he moves to another league where he can dominate just by spending bags of money.

Be surprised personally.

He’s never been one to stick around for the fight once his teams dominance has been challenged and overcome.

His City side raised the bar to absurd levels that forced L’pool to adapt and evolve to match them. Now, L’pool have smashed through that bar to raise it to even absurder levels that City just can’t live with. Time will tell but I’d be surprised if he stays to go again and try match that.

On a related note, it was great to read the PL Chairman put Guardiola in his place over his ridiculously embarrassing ‘conspiracy’ lines on L’pools domination.

Last edited:
Not into shirts but I wish that was a thing. I'd buy that one haha.

1581187664954.jpeg

A tad surprised Fabulous doesn't get a start after his absence and the mid-season break given Madrid.

Into these Redmen.

Another step closer!

So who's idea was it to have a mid-season break? Some of the players look like they're still on it! haha.

All a learning process for next season. Some goalie we have like.

2 or 3 second half. It's what we do.

So who's idea was it to have a mid-season break? Some of the players look like they're still on it! haha.

All a learning process for next season. Some goalie we have like.

2 or 3 second half. It's what we do.
That's what separates him from the rest. His decision making is superb.

1 nil ain't a bad result away against THAT team but god I was hoping they wouldn't get an early goal as that would kill the whole game off. Anfield will be a different kettle of fish for them and I hope we paste them as watching that style of football every week is an absolute chore.

Nothing against Pool' but I wouldn't midn if Atletico finally won the cup. They deserve at least one after being such a menace for elite clubs for half a decade.

1 nil ain't a bad result away against THAT team but god I was hoping they wouldn't get an early goal as that would kill the whole game off. Anfield will be a different kettle of fish for them and I hope we paste them as watching that style of football every week is an absolute chore.

Having a ref at Anfield that’s at least neutral and fair would be nice. That fella tonight was an absolute disgrace. No complaints with Atleticos shithousery. Simeone was a complete ***** as a player and he’s an even bigger one as a manager. Old school Argentinian who knows every trick in the book. And more that aren’t. But it doesn’t help when the fella the middle is giving most every 50/50 to the home side and letting them get away with there nonsense.

The shithousery aside, big credit to Atletico for their tactical discipline and work rate. Rarely if ever teams can match us the full 90 for work rate but they did and then some. BIG tip of the hat to that.

Cringe embarrassing though the way they celebrated the end like the tie was won. Must have been a good 15 minutes after the final whistle they were still on the pitch doing a lap and milking it. Ermmm, lads? Yers do know there’s another game to play in this one right? Here’s hoping they do think it’s done before another belter Anfield European night hits them like it has SO many others over the years.

Madrid is still boss and P all over Barcelona. I think because it doesn’t try and just is what it is. One of the great capital City’s of the World. Our relationship with the Atleti fans is still as strong as ever. Big props to those of them below us with the majority all applauding us on their way out. Didn’t think the Calderon could be matched in Spain for noise but they’ve transplanted to the belter new ground great. But then a great support is a great support regardless of the venue. Massive respect for Atleti fans. (I’d hate to watch that style of footie every week like but each to their own.). And it’ll be sad to leave their wonderful City again tomorrow.

So all in all another great trip following Jurgens Reds in our
European playground. Frustrating game but that was forgotten by the time we finally got out of the ground. Safe in the knowledge we have Anfield and all her might the second leg. With the ridiculous record of Klopp having never lost a two-legged European tie in now 4 European campaigns at r’s.

As a mate said, the 10 journeys we loaded up the metro on Monday will come in useful when we’re back in Madrid the quarter-final playing Real.

Up the Rioja Reds!

Last edited:
So Atleti are getting rather full of themselves today ay?

As mentioned above, they do know they have to come to r's in three weeks right?

Silly boys never learn.

So Atleti are getting rather full of themselves today ay?

As mentioned above, they do know they have to come to r's in three weeks right?

Silly boys never learn.
so are thay taking a page out of barca book and thinking its over b4 its over silly boys should ask the barca boys how that went

Yeah, should comfortably bang them at Anfield. Playing the old Atletico with a 1-0 disadvantage would be like wrestling a boa constrictor, but this team is nowhere near the level of 4-5 years back