The Liverpool Thread

I know I was never Clyne's biggest fan ( as scouse will attest) but the circumstances related to his release and near on exile from the squad are oddly weird and suspicious. Considering he was a long term member of the squad why wasn't he offered a similar extension like Lallana. Even his 8 months long so back injury was weird, heck Klopp prefered to play Hendo at RB during the run in last year instead of keeping Clyne as backup and tried to loan him out numerous times. I aint one for conspiracies but this reads like the Sakho situation as he mustve done something to **** off management.

I know I was never Clyne's biggest fan ( as scouse will attest) but the circumstances related to his release and near on exile from the squad are oddly weird and suspicious. Considering he was a long term member of the squad why wasn't he offered a similar extension like Lallana. Even his 8 months long so back injury was weird, heck Klopp prefered to play Hendo at RB during the run in last year instead of keeping Clyne as backup and tried to loan him out numerous times. I aint one for conspiracies but this reads like the Sakho situation as he mustve done something to **** off management.

Why would we offer Aaron Wan-Biss ..... sorry, the original version Clyne, an extension mate when we’ve completely moved on from that limited style of FB as to how we play? Not least when Neco’s rapid development to be the de-facto back-up to Trent now completely lessons any need for him even more?

I’ll grant you it’s a strange one his seeming total exclusion from first-team training to be rehabbing his injury on his own. But as that ‘traditionally defensively solid, but limited in attacking ability’ style of FB no longer fits into what we’ve evolved into, I don’t quite understand why you think he’d be extended through the end of this year like Lallana when there’s literally zero chance he’d be needed to actually play?

He served his purpose at the beginning of this journey and like Lallana was a big building block in the foundations of what this team has developed into over the past 4 and a half seasons or so under Klopp. And he’ll always have top respect for his consistent displays and commitment to the cause when he played.

But we’re on a completely different level now and he’s not got the skill-set to have evolved at the same pace.

Why would we offer Aaron Wan-Biss ..... sorry, the original version Clyne, an extension mate when we’ve completely moved on from that limited style of FB as to how we play? Not least when Neco’s rapid development to be the de-facto back-up to Trent now completely lessons any need for him even more?

I’ll grant you it’s a strange one his seeming total exclusion from first-team training to be rehabbing his injury on his own. But as that ‘traditionally defensively solid, but limited in attacking ability’ style of FB no longer fits into what we’ve evolved into, I don’t quite understand why you think he’d be extended through the end of this year like Lallana when there’s literally zero chance he’d be needed to actually play?

He served his purpose at the beginning of this journey and like Lallana was a big building block in the foundations of what this team has developed into over the past 4 and a half seasons or so under Klopp. And he’ll always have top respect for his consistent displays and commitment to the cause when he played.

But we’re in a completely different level now and he’s not got the skill-set to have evolved at the same pace.
Still though he was an original member of the squad and atleast Lallana gets a send off you could say with the extension. I'm defo sure theres more to the story as his exclusion from the squad and the answers given by the club don't add up. Getting Sakho vibes here and Clyne mustve done something for the management to exclude him for so long. I mean the guy went from playing every game never having an injury to a mysterious back injury that kept him out for a whole season (minus the ACL injury). Defo more to the story.

I think Robertson has been possessed by the spirit of Moreno this game

I think Robertson has been possessed by the spirit of Moreno this game
The whole backline was terrible never seen us drop the ball mentally like that. The title won or not after such a great start from us unlucky not to be ahead you don't fold like that.

Sounds like when Arsenal won the league with a few games to spare late '90's and we wallopped them 4-0 the first game after they clinched it. When Manninger conceded his first goals in England after 8 or 9 straight clean sheets.

They weren't arsed that night either.

A quick mooch around the net, it's mad and pretty amusing that people actually are tonight.

Someone should tell Sterling that the "season starts tonight" is the reason why they are behind by like 20 points. Should've had this same mentality in September.

Really hoping Liverpool turn up like they did tonight for the Aston Villa game on Sunday. We are going to need a miracle :(

Someone should tell Sterling that the "season starts tonight" is the reason why they are behind by like 20 points. Should've had this same mentality in September.

Is right lid. Just like that aforementioned game against Arsenal, City would much rather have been ourselves tonight getting beat with the league boxed already as we would have rather been in Arsenal 's celebratory shoes that night.

CAMPIONE LIVERPOOL.

Have seen some City fans talking about this being a sign of them winning the league next year but won't they still lose players when if their UCL ban goes through?
I can't imagine Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling sticking around after that.

Have seen some City fans talking about this being a sign of them winning the league next year but won't they still lose players when if their UCL ban goes through?
Post covid I dont think anyone will pay the money City will want for the both of them. Plus I'm sure City will get it knocked down to one year once it gies through CAS.

Everything revolves around Pep staying,

He leaves, it'll be detrimental to the PL as L'pool will just have free reign as City's the only team remotely close to challenging and pushing us the next few years.

Just seen we have been linked with Thiago from Bayern. Not too sure on that one tbh. Unless Klopp wants a tactical style change, not sure why we would be interested in a 29 y/o, injury prone midfielder who relies of his technical ability rather than his physical.

Just seen we have been linked with Thiago from Bayern. Not too sure on that one tbh. Unless Klopp wants a tactical style change, not sure why we would be interested in a 29 y/o, injury prone midfielder who relies of his technical ability rather than his physical.

Yanno mate, for me, the worst thing about the game today, VAR aside, is transfer windows and the accompanying rumour season that goes with them.

If there's one good thing to come out of the current situation we find ourselves in, it's the quick turnaround in seasons coming up so at least the rumour bollocks this window will be lessened.

FWIW, I don't think we'll make any signing this summer outside of future-proofing like last (maybe a CH for the short term to fill the Lovren void whilst the Dutch kids continue developing the back-ground), and we'll more look to next summer when the likes of Sancho are moving to add to any significant degree.

Yanno mate, for me, the worst thing about the game today, VAR aside, is transfer windows and the accompanying rumour season that goes with them.

If there's one good thing to come out of the current situation we find ourselves in, it's the quick turnaround in seasons coming up so at least the rumour bollocks this window will be lessened.

FWIW, I don't think we'll make any signing this summer outside of future-proofing like last (maybe a CH for the short term to fill the Lovren void whilst the Dutch kids continue developing the back-ground), and we'll more look to next summer when the likes of Sancho are moving to add to any significant degree.
You got your summers mixed up with Sancho moving mate