The Liverpool Thread

Firmino can score 1 goal all season for all I care but his off the ball movement would make Cryuff smile. Comes on and the goal when you watch it back his simple movement preoccupies and drags both Villa CB's with him creating space for Mane.

Firmino can score 1 goal all season for all I care but his off the ball movement would make Cryuff smile. Comes on and the goal when you watch it back his simple movement preoccupies and drags both Villa CB's with him creating space for Mane.

Mad that people actually think he's a number 9.

Sounded a, uhmmmm, 'thriller' haha. But worth the dross for the end. Absolutely made up for Curtis to celebrate his extension with his first league goal.

NO signing can ever top having one of your own, off the same streets as you, come through to the first team. We could sign Mbappe and Messi this summer and the pride wouldn't match the past 24 hours with first the news Curtis has extended. Then capping it off with the winner today.

I don't think a lot of people fully appreciate just how vitally important it is for L'pool Football Club to always have at least one Scouser in the side whenever possible. It gives you that connection to those on the park and sends out the message to the World of the club's core identity. Representing everything we are all about. And, like Trent, this lads a bona fide Red and a ****** good one at that.

That's the frustrating b-=product of not watching the games. When something like that happens.

Talking of the burgeoning youth, still the jewel in an overflowing Kirkby crown, Rhian, bagged again for Swansea earlier. No need to rush thngs there at all and another top loan might well fit perfectly net year before he follows in the footsteps of Michael and Robbie in a red shirt.

Up the record chasing Reds!

Mad that people actually think he's a number 9.

Sounded a, uhmmmm, 'thriller' haha. But worth the dross for the end. Absolutely made up for Curtis to celebrate his extension with his first league goal.

NO signing can ever top having one of your own, off the same streets as you, come through to the first team. We could sign Mbappe and Messi this summer and the pride wouldn't match the past 24 hours with first the news Curtis has extended. Then capping it off with the winner today.

I don't think a lot of people fully appreciate just how vitally important it is for L'pool Football Club to always have at least one Scouser in the side whenever possible. It gives you that connection to those on the park and sends out the message to the World of the club's core identity. Representing everything we are all about. And, like Trent, this lads a bona fide Red and a ****** good one at that.

That's the frustrating b-=product of not watching the games. When something like that happens.

Talking of the burgeoning youth, still the jewel in an overflowing Kirkby crown, Rhian, bagged again for Swansea earlier. No need to rush thngs there at all and another top loan might well fit perfectly net year before he follows in the footsteps of Michael and Robbie in a red shirt.

Up the record chasing Reds!
I mean you can literally spell Scouser from an anagram of Curtis Jones name lol.

Train gets in at 2 so we'll dump the bags then I'll let yers know where we end up for the tick ...... Ahhhhhh, scrap that.

Proper ***** this farce and not being able to go to a game isn't it?

Sorry you've missed out on seeing this all-time historically great side through no fault of your own mate.

Train gets in at 2 so we'll dump the bags then I'll let yers know where we end up for the tick ...... Ahhhhhh, scrap that.

Proper ***** this farce and not being able to go to a game isn't it?

Sorry you've missed out on seeing this all-time historically great side through no fault of your own mate.

Yeah it is a real shame! At least its looking like Brighton are staying up another year, so hopefully there should be another chance to go again in the future.

Yeah it is a real shame! At least its looking like Brighton are staying up another year, so hopefully there should be another chance to go again in the future.

Not sure if it will be next season as I currently type as I'm not expecting to be back in a ground until at least 2021. (All the talk of staggered return is absolutely non-sensical and unfeasible. It has to be all returning or nothing or they'll be absolute carnage. But that's a whole other discussion for another time.).

But when we are we'll box it.

If you didn't watch the game scouse try and catch a gif or clip of Virgil dealing with an awkward long punt. The way he bounced it of his backward over the Connelley fella and moved him out the way like furniture was oddly comedic yet just mesmerizing. He has no equals the Messi of CB's for me, every single part of his game is elite. Shoutout Salah who is CR7esque in his ruthless approach to getting goals people might call it selfish but I would want my forwards to be selfish (Unless they called Bobby).

I didn't and I will ta.

Another of City's records falls.

30 wins out of 34. This phenomenal gang of Reds are now the fastest team to reach 30 wins in a season in English football history.

Thank Christ VAR was invented for us hay?

Thought I'd watch extended highlights to see why everyone was raving about Keita once again (thought he was poor apart from one moment of quality against villa). I'm starting to worry that it might not be fitness levels or perhaps it is but his off the ball intensity and positioning in midfield compared with say Gini or Hendo is night and day. One of the reasons why Brighton got back into it was how lazy and how little he done to assert himself after such a great start from him. The weird part is that its something ive noticed for a while now, he will raise his intensity during say the start of the game look good for flashes and you think he has a good game but really and truly it just looks good for the highlight reels but over 90 min he was missing for a majority of it.

People expecting him to take either Hendo or Gini spot in the team are in for a rude awakening as he has a long while to go before he can match them positioning and intensity wise. Personally I feel its just his laid back nature that means he struggles to raise and keep the intensity for long periods. This season coming up will be the last for him to show Klopp he has what it takes because so far it aint been good.

Thought I'd watch extended highlights to see why everyone was raving about Keita once again (thought he was poor apart from one moment of quality against villa). I'm starting to worry that it might not be fitness levels or perhaps it is but his off the ball intensity and positioning in midfield compared with say Gini or Hendo is night and day. One of the reasons why Brighton got back into it was how lazy and how little he done to assert himself after such a great start from him. The weird part is that its something ive noticed for a while now, he will raise his intensity during say the start of the game look good for flashes and you think he has a good game but really and truly it just looks good for the highlight reels but over 90 min he was missing for a majority of it.

People expecting him to take either Hendo or Gini spot in the team are in for a rude awakening as he has a long while to go before he can match them positioning and intensity wise. Personally I feel its just his laid back nature that means he struggles to raise and keep the intensity for long periods. This season coming up will be the last for him to show Klopp he has what it takes because so far it aint been good.
Cant see him making it a Pool tbh. Always seen things in his game in Germany that I thought wouldn’t cut it in a Klopp team consistently in the Prem. That’s why I wasn’t overly bothered when a lot of Utd fans were crying you signed him. Big big season for him like you said. Hendo and Gigi are so underrated especially for the way Klopp wants to play.

..... People expecting him to take either Hendo or Gini spot in the team are in for a rude awakening as he has a long while to go before he can match them positioning and intensity wise. Personally I feel its just his laid back nature that means he struggles to raise and keep the intensity for long periods. This season coming up will be the last for him to show Klopp he has what it takes because so far it aint been good.

See when the manager keeps saying 'we already have them in the squad already' to all the baseless transfer nonsense ...... A fully healthy Naby, like Taki, is what he's talking about. mate.

If you think he's on a final season 'show me' situation, I think you're BADLY misunderstanding the manager's unwavering faith in just how unique a two-way talent we have in him. And just what a difference he can bring to the side with a dynamic skill set which, as you mentioned them, Jordan and Gini, as boss in their own way that they are, just don't bring to the table.I'll lay GOOD money that if we're here having this conversation whenever Klopp hangs it up, Kieta is still wearing our #8 shirt.

I can't debate anything post restart with you as I haven't been watching (although reading most every journalist today, not least the few reputable ones left I do respect, it seems a really strange game/performance from him to single out), but he's shown more than enough when he's been healthy prior to that to show just why he was such a hot property around Europe's major clubs and just why we moved so fast and paid what we did for him. If ever you wanted the perfect Klopp player this lad is it.

Anyone that bemoans the lack of creativity and attacking dynamism in our midfield is someone completely overlooking both the aforementioned players who have yet not been able to consistently show their undoubted value. Naby through an injury-hit two years and Minamino as he's learning and adjusting to a still new culture and English football. (I say 'midfield' as Taki's the perfect Bobby clone who seamlessly drops back in there.).

I'll end by quoting a part of Lynch's piece today in the Standard which say's everything I want to in way less words-

'.....It may be a cliche that fans hate but, having been unable to consistently show his best over the last two seasons, Keita really could be like a new signing for Liverpool next time around.'

Absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that 'NABY LAD' is both here for the long term and a fully healthy Kieta is as good as anything in midfield this league has to offer.

See when the manager keeps saying 'we already have them in the squad already' to all the baseless transfer nonsense ...... A fully healthy Naby, like Taki, is what he's talking about. mate.

If you think he's on a final season 'show me' situation, I think you're BADLY misunderstanding the manager's unwavering faith in just how unique a two-way talent we have in him. And just what a difference he can bring to the side with a dynamic skill set which, as you mentioned them, Jordan and Gini, as boss in their own way that they are, just don't bring to the table.I'll lay GOOD money that if we're here having this conversation whenever Klopp hangs it up, Kieta is still wearing our #8 shirt.

I can't debate anything post restart with you as I haven't been watching (although reading most every journalist today, not least the few reputable ones left I do respect, it seems a really strange game/performance from him to single out), but he's shown more than enough when he's been healthy prior to that to show just why he was such a hot property around Europe's major clubs and just why we moved so fast and paid what we did for him. If ever you wanted the perfect Klopp player this lad is it.

Anyone that bemoans the lack of creativity and attacking dynamism in our midfield is someone completely overlooking both the aforementioned players who have yet not been able to consistently show their undoubted value. Naby through an injury-hit two years and Minamino as he's learning and adjusting to a still new culture and English football. (I say 'midfield' as Taki's the perfect Bobby clone who seamlessly drops back in there.).

I'll end by quoting a part of Lynch's piece today in the Standard which say's everything I want to in way less words-

'.....It may be a cliche that fans hate but, having been unable to consistently show his best over the last two seasons, Keita really could be like a new signing for Liverpool next time around.'

Absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that 'NABY LAD' is both here for the long term and a fully healthy Kieta is as good as anything in midfield this league has to offer.
Those ripping into Minamino dont understand football it takes time to adjust to a new league and new country etc... However with Naby I personally dont think he will make it here but thats my opinion and ive been wrong before and I hope I'm wrong again. He just doesn't do enough thats why I said he started the game so excellently yesterday and then retreated back into his shell. One of the reasons why Brighton got back into the game was we lost control of the midfield that would never happen with Gini or Hendo starting. He looked good on the highlight reel hence why people said he played good, but over the amount he was on the pitch he just doesn't do enough off the ball to justify the magic when he has the ball. You cant carry passengers in a Klopp midfield.

Cant see him making it a Pool tbh. Always seen things in his game in Germany that I thought wouldn’t cut it in a Klopp team consistently in the Prem. That’s why I wasn’t overly bothered when a lot of Utd fans were crying you signed him. Big big season for him like you said. Hendo and Gigi are so underrated especially for the way Klopp wants to play.
The funny thing is he is capable of doing the hard work off the ball but I think its his laidback nature or perhaps he still isnt fit enough with the injuries he has suffered on and off. He will drop the intensity and just sit on the peripheral of the game and in a big game you will get overrun in midfield. Happened yesterday against Brighton and its no surprise Klopps preferred midfield in a big game is the underrated 3 of Fab, Gini and Hendo.