The Liverpool Thread

Those ripping into Minamino dont understand football it takes time to adjust to a new league and new country etc... However with Naby I personally dont think he will make it here but thats my opinion and ive been wrong before and I hope I'm wrong again. He just doesn't do enough thats why I said he started the game so excellently yesterday and then retreated back into his shell. One of the reasons why Brighton got back into the game was we lost control of the midfield that would never happen with Gini or Hendo starting. He looked good on the highlight reel hence why people said he played good, but over the amount he was on the pitch he just doesn't do enough off the ball to justify the magic when he has the ball. You cant carry passengers in a Klopp midfield.

Again, I'm not going to refute that as I never watched the game. Can't debate without watching with your own eyes.

But it is in total contrast to everything I've read and spoken to today who to a man had last night as one of his best games with him nonstop all over the place.
If anything Oxo-Chambo was the one getting any criticism for leaving Neco exposed to constant attacks that side.

I think you'll get another good look Sat'day as taking him off an hour in suggests that was planned for that reason.

Talking of Burnley, when did they become the second most in-form team?

1594308673744.png

The farce continues-

Just sack the CS off for a season.

If you didn't watch the game scouse try and catch a gif or clip of Virgil dealing with an awkward long punt. The way he bounced it of his backward over the Connelley fella and moved him out the way like furniture was oddly comedic yet just mesmerizing. He has no equals the Messi of CB's for me, every single part of his game is elite. .....

This one presumably-

Just big Virg doing big Virg things.

Still cracks me up that Utd went and topped his fee for that very definition of medicrity now madly captaining them.

This one presumably-

Just big Virg doing big Virg things.

Still cracks me up that Utd went and topped his fee for that very definition of mediocrity now madly captaining them.
I've watched this 50 times and it never fails to amaze me each time. It's like he is in slow motion with his long strides and the Brighton forward legs are like the roadrunner trying to outpace him. Perfect modern defender literally made in a lab, there are other big lumps in the league like the ehmm mentioned Maguire but what separates him from the rest is his insane athleticism no one that big should move and turn as fast he does, it makes no sense (the acceleration is near Mane levels). I was apprehensive when we signed him as you probably remember, as he reminded me of Ferdinand in his early days getting caught out because the game was too easy and they would both switch off and lose concentration. The same thing that happened with Rio when he moved to utd and the levels expected has happened with Virgil as he has taken his game to another level to the point were him switching off and making a mistake due to it is a surprise. I've always said the best defender in the PL era for me was Rio as he had everything in his game but watching Virgil is like watching Rio on steroids.

Always rated him massively highly-

Always rated him massively highly-

**** spot on there about Virgil. Also, your Barton comment cracks me up and how he has managed to fool people with his pseudo-intellectual bs on twitter. As I sometimes forget you're an actual scouser (I KNOW I KNOW) but anyone from the area would tell you that Barton and his equally horrible RACIST family should never ever ever have been allowed to make it as a professional.

Been superb and a privilege to watch his growth over that time, having followed an almost impossible;e task in many peoples eyes in a club legend as captain (which remains one of the biggest and craziest issues as regards the still mad hate toward our captain), to the absolute picture perfect leader on and off the pitch that you could ever wish for in a captain of L'pool Football Club. The change from 5-years back to now is stark and a brilliant evolution in Jordan to have watched. To now well on his way to being one of the greatest captains we've ever had in our storied history.

Can't wait for the next 'Hendo trophy lift shuffle' a week on Wednesday.

Here's to MANY more of them before he hangs it up.

..... Two clubs that fans dont want to see winning trophies taking both leagues. .....

I think you'll thoroughly enjoy this on a player for those two clubs who is madly underrated by the general foorball fan at large.

No need to add anything. Neil Jones superb piece does that and more-

Just seen this from you mate in the Utd thread so I'll put this here as some get proper tribal over there and would turn it into a comparison war-

' ..... Edit: Greenwood is the best young forward since M'bappe someone change my mind I dare ya. .....'

*Whispers the forgotten man through injury the past couple of seasons, currently tearing it up in a poor Swansea team, Rhian Brewster.

I've been a massive advocate of Greenwood from U18/23 games against us over the years and England sure is blessed with two outstanding young forwards in future years in both he and Rhian. Who in my humble, layman's eye, is the best of a real talented crop at r's with a Fowler/ Owen ceiling. Not normally one for that level of praise on kids but he's honestly shown that good.

Just seen this from you mate in the Utd thread so I'll put this here as some get proper tribal over there and would turn it into a comparison war-

' ..... Edit: Greenwood is the best young forward since M'bappe someone change my mind I dare ya. .....'

*Whispers the forgotten man through injury the past couple of seasons, currently tearing it up in a poor Swansea team, Rhian Brewster.

I've been a massive advocate of Greenwood from U18/23 games against us over the years and England sure is blessed with two outstanding young forwards in future years in both he and Rhian. Who in my humble, layman's eye, is the best of a real talented crop at r's with a Fowler/ Owen ceiling. Not normally one for that level of praise on kids but he's honestly shown that good.
I like Brewster but I would actually compare Greenwood with Fowler and co as he is simply taken to adults football like a duck to water. Brewster was unfortunately robbed of development by that terrible injury but hes bounced back superbly. Just for me Greenwood has that something special about him that edges it for me. I want to see Brewster at a PL level as imo he is too good for the championship.

I'm done complaining about VAR as apart from ****** offside calls, its just there to backup the calls of the incompetent refs on the pitch. JUST RUN TO THE ******* SCREEN ON THE SIDE AND CHECK FOR YOURSELF YA DONUTS.

P.S I hate Burnley and there turgid football with passion.

Can't win them all. Sounds like the Burnley goalie had a great game.

Shame to fall agonisingly short of a 100% home league season. But then that's only been done twice in English football history so it shows you how hard it is to achieve.

What they have done today, is bettered the highest points total Ferguson's great Utd sides ever achieved over a PL season. For the second straight year. This time, with 3 games to spare!

The consistency of these lads is beyond ridiculous. Yet still, folk don't want to consider them among the very best sides this Country's ever seen.

9 more points.