The Liverpool Thread

Genuinely amazing goal and counter attack, i'm so jealous of this liverpool side and that you have Klopp.

I'd take Klopp, gk, trent, robertson, Virgil, Fabinho and Mane in a heartbeat.

Very magnanimous of you to say. Thank you.

Just a pity the pandemic robbed the most consistently controlling L'pool side I've ever had the privilege of watching in nigh on 40 years going the match, and one of this Country's best ever, of setting points records that would probably never be broken. (Mad that they've already got more points in a season than Ferguson's superb Utd sides ever got. TWO seasons running.).

Over 3 full seasons and counting unbeaten at home now.

All the best to everyone next season. This side is just getting started.

For the 19th time-

CAMPIONE LIVERPOOL!

My favourite thing out of lockdown was Klopp calling him this and it sticking haha.

Who now, along with his Red compadres, holds all 4 of the Majors at the same time-

70425AF3-674F-4790-A8FE-4CF531492ACE.jpeg

A unique group of PROPER big clubs consisting of Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid and now the first English team to join, L'pool's 2019-20 vintage!

Last edited:
Superb price (Michael Edwards. Are we surprised any more?) all things considered after 6-years service for a severely injury prone lad on the downside of his career.

You won't get many more experienced 4th choice CH's than Degsy in World football. But keeping him healthy is another thing again. He's never managed to put 6 games in a row together through all his time here which is staggering and explains many of his problems. Hard to get rhythm and consistency when you can't stay in the team through your body breaking down. Along with always having that rick in him that never left you fully confident when he had to play before van Dijk tipped up and turned him into a World-class looking CH. Which say's FAR more about big Virg's influence than Degsy's actual ability. (Side note- The oft misquoted 'Best defender in the World' bunkum, which he never actually said, hasn't helped with the dimwit SM crowd who like to attack anonymously.).

Wasn't helped for long enough by both being forced to play the wrong side of the middle for his natural right footed game (along with having Moreno nowhere to be seen the outside of him and the absolute clown that was Simon Mignolet offering ZERO protection behind), but all told he'll leave with great thanks for the dedication to the cause through 6-years, 185 games (as I type), and being a part of 3 European Final runs and bringing the PL home finally this year.

But ultimately, when you can't rely on a player to be available, it's time to move on.

Good luck in Russia Degsy lad. You'll always be a Red hero for Dortmund alone!

No more fitting winner, on and off the pitch, this season than the new Football Writters Player of the Year-

1595604895049.jpeg

Callaghan, Keegan, Hughes, Dalglish (Twice), McDermott, Rush, Barnes (Twice), Nicol, Gerrard, Suarez and Salah.

Not too shabby company at all for Jordan to add his name to alongside fellow all time great Liverpool players to be voted FWA Player of the Year for a club record 14th time.

Superb price (Michael Edwards. Are we surprised any more?) all things considered after 6-years service for a severely injury prone lad on the downside of his career.

You won't get many more experienced 4th choice CH's than Degsy in World football. But keeping him healthy is another thing again. He's never managed to put 6 games in a row together through all his time here which is staggering and explains many of his problems. Hard to get rhythm and consistency when you can't stay in the team through your body breaking down. Along with always having that rick in him that never left you fully confident when he had to play before van Dijk tipped up and turned him into a World-class looking CH. Which say's FAR more about big Virg's influence than Degsy's actual ability. (Side note- The oft misquoted 'Best defender in the World' bunkum, which he never actually said, hasn't helped with the dimwit SM crowd who like to attack anonymously.).

Wasn't helped for long enough by both being forced to play the wrong side of the middle for his natural right footed game (along with having Moreno nowhere to be seen the outside of him and the absolute clown that was Simon Mignolet offering ZERO protection behind), but all told he'll leave with great thanks for the dedication to the cause through 6-years, 185 games (as I type), and being a part of 3 European Final runs and bringing the PL home finally this year.

But ultimately, when you can't rely on a player to be available, it's time to move on.

Good luck in Russia Degsy lad. You'll always be a Red hero for Dortmund alone!
10 mill for a player whose legs have gone and can't string more than a couple of games together. The mad man has done it again. Shoutout Lallana as well who was in tears at the last home game the other day, another great servant of the club who unfortunately was injured far too much.

Defo d.

Lallana was one of the key foundation blocks into what this team has evolved in. Wonderful player who only lacked breakaway pace. If he had that, he’d have been widely regarded as one of the finest English players of his generation.

Great servant on and off the pitch. And that Norwich winner the 5-4 is RIGHT up there in my all time favourite moments the match. Along with being one of the best celebrations ever.

Hopefully he stays healthy from here on out and has a good end to a good career somewhere.

Wonder if Jurgen will play them both Sunday?

Swansea manager and strike-partner just reaffirming what we've known from day one and what is fast no longer becoming our secret. Super special talent we have on our hands.

Defo d.

Lallana was one of the key foundation blocks into what this team has evolved in. Wonderful player who only lacked breakaway pace. If he had that, he’d have been widely regarded as one of the finest English players of his generation.

Great servant on and off the pitch. And that Norwich winner the 5-4 is RIGHT up there in my all time favourite moments the match. Along with being one of the best celebrations ever.

Hopefully he stays healthy from here on out and has a good end to a good career somewhere.

Wonder if Jurgen will play them both Sunday?
Doubt it I swear he said he won't play Lallana as to make sure he doesn't get injured and scupper any future moves.

I’ve talked enough about Adams qualities lately so I’ll just say a sincere thanks for his dedication to the cause the past 6 seasons and wish him every success back home on the South Coast.

If he stays healthy, Brighton are picking up one heck of a savvy vet. Who can’t half play when his body allows.

Dust in my eye again. Or is it these onions .....

Have I told you how much I love Jordan Henderson? Quick question where does he rank as the greatest skippers to lead this club. I love Gerrard (don't rever him as most fans as he was flawed just like any human) but there were times he would put himself first especially going loggerhead with Rafa about not wanting to play on the right when he was comfortably better there than the middle of the park. Jordan's selflessness to put the team before him and relearn a new position and excel there along with other countless acts of the team before himself ranks him as number one captain in my lifetime supporting this club.

Have I told you how much I love Jordan Henderson? Quick question where does he rank as the greatest skippers to lead this club. I love Gerrard (don't rever him as most fans as he was flawed just like any human) but there were times he would put himself first especially going loggerhead with Rafa about not wanting to play on the right when he was comfortably better there than the middle of the park. Jordan's selflessness to put the team before him and relearn a new position and excel there along with other countless acts of the team before himself ranks him as number one captain in my lifetime supporting this club.

Souness, closely followed Emlyn, are our two greatest ever captains and leader of men IMHO.

But Jordan is fast elevating himself into the conversation. Already a better leader of men than Gerrard ever was. And he's surpassed him in trophy lifts now, right? With a good few years to go yet, he may well end up right up there when it's all said and done.

[

If he stays healthy, Brighton are picking up one heck of a savvy vet. Who can’t half play when his body allows.
Depends on the wages. Giving 3 years deal for 32 years old injury prone player to already slow midfield is not wise move in my opinion. He might be regular but they have guys in those positions and have potential. Yeah definitely good to have this kind of vet in the team but 3 years is just too much.

Depends on the wages. Giving 3 years deal for 32 years old injury prone player to already slow midfield is not wise move in my opinion. He might be regular but they have guys in those positions and have potential. Yeah definitely good to have this kind of vet in the team but 3 years is just too much.

I'd say it'll be an invaluable investment in the changies as much as on the pitch.

The work ethic and top professional example he sets even when he's out injured day in, day out money just can't buy. The more players you have with Adams character, the more the changing room polices itself and makes the mangers job that little bit easier.

Been reported he took a wage cut and a possible coaching role at the end of the contract.