The Local Team Thread

Finn

Reaction score
Ever feel the need to brag about your local team? Or simply tell the interesting story of how they were formed or overachieved in a cup? Well post it all here!

I'll start :

Wexford Youths FC

wexford-youths.gif

Wexford Youths FC were founded as a League of Ireland club in the year 2007 when Dublin City FC went bankrupt but had a youth team for many years before that. The club mainly concentrates on building a team of young talented players based in the county Wexford are and so far have been relatively successful. The club now compete in the Airtricity League First Division, the second tier of Irish football.

Honours :
  • FAI Inter-League Youth Championship: 4
    • Winners: 2000, 2005, 2007, 2008
    • Runners Up: 1998, 2001
  • FAI Youth Cup
    • Winners: 2008
I am a proud supporter of the club and go to every game I can.

League positions :

2007 : 9th (out of 10)
2008 : 7th (out of 10)
2009 : 6th (out of 12)
2010 : Currently 7th (out of 12) but not even half the season played yet.

Wexford Youths FC have won 6 games out of their last 7 in the league despite a 5-1 loss in the FAI Cup 3rd Round last night to Premier Division runners up Shamrock Rovers and are currently pushing their way up the league, now just below the top half.

cork20.jpg

Cork City 0-1 Wexford Youths
League Cup Semi-Final 2008

5T8D7344.JPG

Wexford Youths owner/founder Mick Wallace who managed the team through the 2007, 2008 and 2009 seasons before letting assistant manager Noel O'Connor take over before 2010 season. (With his famous hairstyle)

3498156555_46b0e12be5.jpg

Good idea, i will be back to brag about my local team some day :)

Unfortunately it is always nearly for Northampton, we never actually win anything :'(

Haha cheers lad! LOL Blyth Spartans :p Cool name tho

I swear I made one similar to this a while back but nobody gave a monkey's **** after a while,so...

C'MON KEW-PEE-ARRGH

Last edited:
I swear I made one similar to this a while back but nobody gave a monkey's **** about it,so...

C'MON KEW-PEE-ARRGH

That is because it's you.

Well, good luck with this thread. I like the idea :)

Bridlington Town champions of Northern Counties East Football League Premier Division!

Stockport County FC.

A club that has barely won anything in their life, a club that has seen more relegations than anything else. We have never been in the Premier League, and probably never will. Are stadium is very lob-sided and the pitch is atrocious. We don't own our ground and we're currently run by administrator's and we're 90% sure we'll get taken over, if not, there will be no Stockport County FC. The past season has seen us win just 5 games and lose about 30 games, and our top scorer had 3 goals.
Currently, we barely have 11 players, and we don't know who our manager will be. We don't know where we'll be playing, we don't know if we'll be a team. In the past 7 or so years we've suffered approximatley 5 relegations.
We're undermined by the teams around us like:
Manchester United
Manchester City
Liverpool
Everton
--------
People know us as '****' and we don't care, so they supportL
Manchester United
Manchester City
Liverpool
Everton
Chelsea
Arsenal.

But they rarely go to games, and say the excuse 'Edgeley Park is just around the corner for you' but it's not, fans put approximatley £200 into the club with Shirts, Away games, Season Tickets and more. And when we know we're relagated, know we'll lose, we still travel across the country to support are team.

S.C.F.C Till I Die.

And hopefully the 2015 Consortium will takeover.

View attachment 72080

:wub:

Wealdstone FC.....Can't think of any honours to be honest lol. BUT Players like, Vinnie Jones, Beckford, Stuart Pearce started off there :D

Prescot Cables F.C. is a football club based in Prescot, Merseyside. It was established in 1884 and has also been known as Prescot and Prescot Town. They are a member of the Liverpool County Football Association.

Finished 15th in the Division one north last season.

This is a bit dodgy. I live here: Millwall but Millwall Fc is here: Millwall Therefore dont support them. Leyton Orient are the closest lower divison team in my area apart from West Ham they are the only team i can recall of the top of my head in East London

This is a bit dodgy. I live here: Millwall but Millwall Fc is here: Millwall Therefore dont support them. Leyton Orient are the closest lower divison team in my area apart from West Ham they are the only team i can recall of the top of my head in East London

Watching a game between them this season,I guess,must have been pretty hard.Especialy at the New Den.

Emm, well it was Airdrie, but I've moved, so now it's Partick Thistle.

Partick Thistle are one of Scotlands oldest clubs. It goes without saying, that if you live in Scotland, chances are you will pass through the Firhill turnstiles at some point in your life. Their most famous victory was a 4-1 demolition of Celtic in a Scottish Cup finals in the 1970's. Despit never having being crowned champions of Scotland, the have competed in Europe three times, crashing out at the first round every time. Recently, the club has been left with three stands permanently, as planning permission was denied after the stand was knocked down.

Blyth Spartans AFC

Northern Alliance League Champions
1908-09, 1912-13

Northern League Champions
1972-73, 1974-75, 1975-76, 1979-80, 1980-81, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1986-87, 1987-88

Northern Cup Winners
1972-73, 1977-78, 1978-79, 1984-85, 1991-92

UniBond First Division Champions
1994-95

UniBond First Division Cup Winners
1994-95

UniBond Presidents Cup Winners
1996-97

UniBond Chairmans Cup Winners
2005-06

UniBond Premier Division Champions
2005-06

Northumberland Senior Cup Winners
1914, 1915, 1932, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1952, 1955, 1959, 1963, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1992, 1994

F.A. Cup Fifth Round Replay
1977-78 (Wrexham 1-2)

and thats just the regenised Trophy's in the modern setup,

Blyth Spartans AFC
, probubly the most famous Non-league team in the World

Queens Park Rangers Football Club were founded in 1882, and their traditional colours are blue and white. In the early years after the club's formation in their original home of Queen's Park, games were played at many different grounds until finally the club settled into their current location at Loftus Road.

Owing to their proximity to other west London clubs, QPR maintain long-standing rivalries with several other clubs in the area. The most notable of these are Chelsea, Fulham and Brentford with whom they contest what are known as West London derbies. In 2007 QPR were taken over by Italian tycoon Flavio Briatore.

Other major shareholders include Indian steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal and F1 supremo Berrie Ecclestone.
The current chairman of the club is Indian businessman Ishan Saksena, and the manager is former Hartlepool United and Scunthorpe United player Neil Warnock, who has also managed teams such as Sheffield United and, most recently, Crystal Palace in a very successful footballing career spanning nearly fifty years.

Provided via Wikipedia